Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More Tesco Bargains [No Off-Topic Chat - See Post #1]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,797 ✭✭✭✭muffler

My son bought a toasted sandwich maker earlier today for €14 which is a decent price. That was in Letterkenny so I assume they're available nationwide.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭nudger

et101 wrote: »
    I don't really have a problem with the staff getting a share of the bargains I know if I worked there I would!!! ;)

Same here, but if I was the head honcho/store manager in Tesco and we were advertising deals/loss leaders to get people into the stores and I found out that the staff were not putting the reduced price stickers on the products or hiding the stock out back I'd be very pissed off.

It would make me feel that the staff thought I was a push over that never checked the floor, i.e not doing my job, staff running the show.

We all like to get a bargain, but some like to get them all.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

brianc42 wrote: »
    Tesco in newcastlewest . Embroidered double bed duvet set 8.12 euro was 25 euro.Tesco nose hair trimmer 1.24 euro.Good value.I also spotted king size duvet covers for around a tenner.

Looking for a new duvet but there were no cheap ones in tesco Midleton.

Oh well

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

jayteecork wrote: »
    Looking for a new duvet but there were no cheap ones in tesco Midleton. Oh well
    Not even the Tesco Value ones?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

jayteecork wrote: »
    Looking for a new duvet but there were no cheap ones in tesco Midleton.

Oh well

Homestore have half price Duvets this month

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭Scortho

Dont know if these have already been posted:

2x1kg boxes of cornflakes for €6
    Mcvitties chocolate digestives 400g Buy 1 get 1 free. €2.59 I think and cheaper than the multipack.

Breakfast and tea sorted for a while

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

While checking for the belkin modems I came across a 1 tb hitatchi (spelling?) external desktop drive. Marked at 88, scanned at 44.
    It was in coonagh limerick, it was an xl 1000

• Registered Users Posts: 21,999 ✭✭✭✭Esel

phill106 wrote: »
    While checking for the belkin modems I came across a 1 tb hitatchi (spelling?) external desktop drive. Marked at 88, scanned at 44.
    Probably the Hitachi that was €32 a while ago.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

Scortho wrote: »

Mcvitties chocolate digestives 400g Buy 1 get 1 free. €2.59 I think and cheaper than the multipack.

Breakfast and tea sorted for a while

When I was in tesco in Tullow Carlow earlier in the week they had mcvitaes dark chocolate hobnobs for 59c and they were also included in the Buy 1 get 1 free which I thought was a great bargain

• Registered Users Posts: 9,849 ✭✭✭thesandeman

Similar to the Kit-Kat posts: Tesco Galway have various choc bars half price for 4 packs @around 1.15
    However if you turn right just before the milk shelf there is a display of Crunchie 4+50% free which scan at the same price. So six bars for the price of two.
    Stocked up myself but still plenty left around 9 last night. Honeycomed out at the moment!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭siber

Check out the frozen food section in your local Tesco's. In Athlone yesterday they had marked down lots of products. Looks like they may be discontinuing some of them.

Items such as
    Tesco own Brand Pizza's for 99 cent
    Bag of 32 fish fingers for €1.99

and lots of other items reduced.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Tesco Maynooth
    Youngs Lightly battered large cod fillets - 2 for 2 Euro
    No reduced tag- just a normal white price tag.
    Nothing else writing about from the frozen aisles

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Just reading there on hukd that the horse riding gear is reduced to clear in the UK Tescos so it is worth checking to see if they are reduced here. In Cork the only Tesco I know that does it is Douglas.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Scortho wrote: »
    Dunnes have Kellogs Cornflakes 750g for €1.89 this week, works out much cheaper.

lindtee wrote: »
    Just reading there on hukd that the horse riding gear is reduced to clear in the UK Tescos so it is worth checking to see if they are reduced here. In Cork the only Tesco I know that does it is Douglas.

Must pop in the range rover and check for dear little royston....

No need to be smart :mad: I have no interest in the deal but I thought that it might be of interest to someone....

Never seen any horsey gear in any Tesco in Dublin, Lidl yes, must be a Cork thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Some horse riding gear in Clearwater, near the camping and other sports stuff.

January wrote: »
    Some horse riding gear in Clearwater, near the camping and other sports stuff.

Like boots and stuff, thought that was fashion.

Thought we were talking saddles and whips like Lidl.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 37 trelemenele

Clearwater has some good prices on cycling and fishing equipment

• Advertisement

No need to be smart :mad: I have no interest in the deal but I thought that it might be of interest to someone....
    Sorry I Couldn't resist!

Sorry I Couldn't resist!

:( My children don't even know what a horse looks like*

*Disclaimer-may not be true

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/tesco.com is worth a look for deals, have found a few this way. A lot of the time the same deals are available here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭pissed

:( My children don't even know what a horse looks like*

*Disclaimer-may not be true

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/tesco.com is worth a look for deals, have found a few this way. A lot of the time the same deals are available here.

I blame the parents :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,396 ✭✭✭✭cson

Tesco Parnell St had Lynx Musicstar shower gel advertised at 82c last night, alas there was zero stock. Not sure if its nationwide.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,367 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Went into Tesco in Dundalk this morning to get a cooked chicken for lunch it being Saturday and all. I couldn't believe that the small chicken that was 5e last week is now 6.09e. The lad on the deli counter told me that it's because chicken feed has risen in price. The little fcukers looked like they never got fed. I left him with them as i don't like being ripped off.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭shaddupayaface

Mb twister game in jervis this morning for €4.58. There were maybe 4 or 5 left.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Went into Tesco in Dundalk this morning to get a cooked chicken for lunch it being Saturday and all. I couldn't believe that the small chicken that was 5e last week is now 6.09e. The lad on the deli counter told me that it's because chicken feed has risen in price. The little fcukers looked like they never got fed. I left him with them as i don't like being ripped off.

They have a similar chicken in dunnes, think it's still €4.99

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭moodrater

Feed prices are sky high however with the farmers getting as little as 58 cents per chicken the feed prices would have to triple to push the overall cost up a euro and 9 sents. More lightly the extra euro is to pay the chickens air fare from thailand.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭ladypip

I got an Ironman toy arc reactor like the one below for my son reduced from 12.99 to 2.45 today, thats one stocking filler down :)

2012-03-31-001.jpg

In Tesco Clarehall :)

There are bargains to be had in the beyblades, zhu zhu pets and a few other toys

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭Scortho

snubbleste wrote: »
    Dunnes have Kellogs Cornflakes 750g for €1.89 this week, works out much cheaper.

Bollox should have let the mother do the shopping

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement