Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Renault garage douglas road

• 19-12-2014 3:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭ Bo Cold Puff

I'm trying too figure out what year this garage opened up in first day. I know it's closed now and changed too tesco express but has anybody any ideas? I think it was around 1998. I've tried too Google it but maybe others will have more luck/info. Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,666 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Well I know for definite that the garage had a shop in 1987 but I'm pretty sure that the car sales predates that. I'm almost certain that it was Renault then.
    It has been a garage as long as I can remember and I lived around there since 1977

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭roundymac

Opened sometime in the early to mid seventies as the Cenral Garage, relocated from Parnell Place, closed down after a short time, about a year or so.Operated on and off as a filling station until it became Renault. Don't hold me to those dates, they're ballpark at best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭ Bo Cold Puff

When it was extensive renovated in the late 1990's too just a car sales garage i ment sorry if that wasn't clear!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭johnayo

It was operating as Deasy & Talbot from 1977 to 1984. Alfa Romeo and Peugeot dealerships.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

It was definitely still a petrol station until mid-1999 as far as I remember.

• Advertisement
Advertisement