Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with a Wig

• 12-10-2011 8:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

My mum has just been diagnosed with cancer and started chemo yesterday. Her hair is her favourite feature and she will be devastated to loose it. We want to get her an amazing wig, as natural as possible. We don't mind how expensive it is as we will all chip in. I have found names through the usual channels but would love to know if anyone knew of somewhere doing exceptional ones. Thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭CathyMoran

I started my chemo about now 5 years ago and it took a while for the hair to fall out, my poor then fiance (sp?) was hiding the hair falling out from me but one day I washed my hair and big clumps fell out, luckily that was the day that my wig came in. I went to Snips in Dublin 1, they were good but expensive. I had long blonde hair (do again) and got married with my wig up at the back. If there is anything that I can do to help let me know.

The way that I looked at it - the fact my hair was falling out made me feel that the chemo was working! Having said that I was very upset when it fell out which suprised me as I was more upset by the fact that I did not think that we could have children (we have had a boy and a girl since).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭mum2be

Lils1982, just sent you a pm earlier re wigs. Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭emzolita

my sis got her wig here, they dont do the normal wigs, they're made to stay on for a longer amount of time,, very realistic looking, and are made to your head. so they make natural hairlines etc.

they were very helpful, only they're in Birmingham, but you said cost was ok, so just recommending these guys.

http://www.optimahair.co.uk/

Advertisement