Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Working in polling stations on election day

• 27-04-2009 9:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭

Working in polling stations on election day
    I'm a poor student. Just wondering how I would go about applying for such work. Does anyone know who would be the correct people to apply to or contact? the guards/courts ?? im clueless about this! confused.gif

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,953 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Aren't these jobs restricted to the local jolly old pals of the high and mighty brigade?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭limericklady87

thats exactly what i said to my mother when ye rang barking down the phone insisting that i apply for it and "get a few bob" seeing as summer job prospects are looking pretty slim!

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭bcirl03

ejmaztec wrote: »
    Aren't these jobs restricted to the local jolly old pals of the high and mighty brigade?

Yep - tried it a few times only to be told NO JOBS.

Handy money for sitting on yer back side :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,953 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

bcirl03 wrote: »
    Yep - tried it a few times only to be told NO JOBS.

Handy money for sitting on yer back side :)

Yep, our polling station is full of the usual suspects on the mini-gravy train.:rolleyes:

Advertisement