Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Football Manager 2014 Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

I always avoid Barcelona and Madrid in the CL. I won the CL in my first two seasons because of it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Keno wrote: »
    I always avoid Barcelona and Madrid in the CL. I won the CL in my first two seasons because of it!

I have never really had trouble with Barca, Madrid are a different kettle of fish though, I would guesstimate without checking that over 6 seasons I have probably played them 9 times, winning 2 and losing 5!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭The Wild Bunch

Anyone recommend a decent head of youth development?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Phil Cannon, not too expensive to get either, will acccept most jobs

I beat Barca in the CL final :P

Juventus are ridiclously too good for me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Dave Parnaby if you can afford him. He's at Middlesborough at the start of the game

• Registered Users Posts: 15,166 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Ian Harte at Dundalk is doing ridiculously well in my game. Going back to last summer, he has won POTM every month he has been with them.

I don't know what is happening at Dundalk. They have Harte, Folan, some class Brazilian guy they signed from Rangers and they are managed by Vladimir Weiss. 14 points clear on August 1st.

f5dJbYQ.png
    U35f2ql.png

Mars Bar wrote: »
    I get drawn against Real Madrid in the Champions League every season and I always ****ing lose.
    Slattsy wrote: »
    Real Madrid very hard to beat in Europe.

I'm currently playing with Barcelona and I've met them in the semi or final for the last 3 seasons and they've beat me.
    Bastards!
    kryogen wrote: »
    Yeah I have had that, it will make the victory all the more sweeter when you do finally sneak past them though keep going!

I just got them there in the CL final. I beat them 1-0. They were playing a 4-2-3-1 with two DM. Ain't no thang...

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Played through World Cup again, this time as Costa Rice. Got to the quarter finals. Some team they have!

Played through World Cup again, this time as Costa Rice. Got to the quarter finals. Some team they have!

Are you starting Uncle Ben?

• Advertisement

Bought two steam keys from here for friends if anyone missed out on the steam sale and is looking for the game. Doubt you'll find a better price than €9.99 and the keys are emailed to you right away (for me anyway, paid by Paypal).

http://www.mmoga.com/Steam-Games/Football-Manager-2014.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Tramps Like Us

Oat23 wrote: »
    Bought two steam keys from here for friends if anyone missed out on the steam sale and is looking for the game. Doubt you'll find a better price than €9.99 and the keys are emailed to you right away (for me anyway, paid by Paypal).

http://www.mmoga.com/Steam-Games/Football-Manager-2014.html

Have they fixed most of the issues with it at this stage?

Have they fixed most of the issues with it at this stage?

Would I be awake at 4.23am playing a broken game? :D

I have no problems with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Lightbulb Sun

Ian Harte playing for Dundalk? Traitor! :P

By the way, what has the game been like since all the patches came out?

Are people enjoying it more? I haven't played the game in months. At the time I found FM 2014 to be the most difficult FM game in memory.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭richieffff

It's 2018 and Norwich have just been guided to the premiership title by Pep Guardiola, wat?

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭ak4

Just wondering if anyone is having the same problem as me. When I got to launch the game through Steam nothing happens. I click, the 'preparing to launch' box appears and then nothing. Have tried clearing the content, uninstalling and re-installing but same story.
    Any advice on how to fix this?

having the same problem...any solution people ?

ak4 wrote: »
    having the same problem...any solution people ?

Enable hidden folders and wipe the cache in the steam folders, failing that, back up your saves and reinstall

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Rebel Rebel

Game Bug?

In my bromley save season 2030, i have requested the training facilities to be upgraded but ever year the completion date keeps getting pushed out. Currently have a basic training facility, and in the boardroom is showing 2 training facilities and 3 youth facilities been upgraded, but they never finish

Is there an easy fix for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,369 ✭✭✭irishgeo

in the classic game is the database updatabale, in FM13 it wasnt.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

I've got bitten by the FM bug again - two games ago I managed to bring Limerick to stardom and glory and I'm back!

Being semi-professional is such a PITA though! Cant scout England either for players, very frustrating!
    Trying to get team to play or get used to tactics is near impossible as they arent training full time, i dont think it was this hard in FM12

winning6_zps88890c51.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

I'm really enjoying this version, I'm in 2036 and at Manchester Utd now following success with Dortmund , Madrid and Spain national coach.

I feel like I've built 3 world beating squads at each club, plenty of great youngsters. You know you've been at a game too long when that 16 year old you signed is now retiring!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Irishcrx wrote: »
    I'm really enjoying this version, I'm in 2036 and at Manchester Utd now following success with Dortmund , Madrid and Spain national coach.

I feel like I've built 3 world beating squads at each club, plenty of great youngsters. You know you've been at a game too long when that 16 year old you signed is now retiring!!!

Wow that's some serious hours! I've done about 10 seasons with Derby spilt across 2 saves, but I'm a fairly slow player... Also just got offered the Spain job too :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭The Wild Bunch

This is my 4th save of 2014 FM

Every save as Leeds.

I've been playing FM for 12 years and I've never played as anyone else lol

My long term save got deleted by mistake, to get over the crushing disappointment of losing an entire club that I built up I decided to stop crying and get on a plane to Hong Kong to join South China (Athletic Association) Enjoying it so far, they are one of the top sides in the league in fairness and with a little tactical tweaks and tinkering we pissed the league, losing 1 drawing 1, winning the rest.

My issue is with singing players, there were already 6 foreign players on the books (not from Hong Kong) when I arrived, I cant shift on any, and due to the awful state we are in financially I cant just terminate the contracts, I was not able to sign a couple of players I think would have helped us to win the Asian Confed Cup. It is tough enough trying to find talent in HK.

Did a league and cup double, any decent player I have wants to leave for a bigger club so will see how the second season goes before looking to head to Korea or maybe somewhere in South America. I want to win the major continental trophy in each region if I can before settling in to a nice retirement job with Ireland or something.

One thing I am now puzzled at though, how come the J-League is not available to manage in?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

kryogen wrote: »
    One thing I am now puzzled at though, how come the J-League is not available to manage in?

SI do not have the license to play that league.

Lads any of you playing LOI? Its doing my head in and played four seasons so far, every season the players play like they havent played football for half of it, is it because they are part time or what?

They have to get used to the tactic, the same one they played the whole of last season with and finished 2nd in the league and now getting bate by teams we should be beating.

Plus the Limerick FC chairman in the game is a gowl. Hauled me in after we got bate 2-1 by athlone, obviously I blamed the players and they agreed.

Managing in the LOI is headwrecking. I don't make a habit of it, but have been known to take the occasional job there at the start of a journeyman career or the end of a long one.

headwrecking is one word for it

Stayed in Hong Kong 4 seasons in total, winning the league each year, managed a league cup, and a couple of FA cups along the way while whooring myself out to a few other clubs before I got a call for an interview with Chicago Fire in the MLS.

Took the job, not a bad team, some work needed though. The system in the MLS takes a little bit of getting used to but got to grips with it in my second season, won the MLS in my third season and retained it the next season. No luck in the NACL yet but nobody has won the MLS 3 seasons running, tough with the draft and all that, so I want to have a go at that and then start to think about moving on, my reputation is good but not sure any club in one of the major top divisions would be interested, maybe Holland? I would be interested in heading to Serie B for the right team where I have had a couple of offers.

Nothing from England or Germany, Spain is another option in terms of European leagues.

See how this season goes, for the upcoming campaign I have managed to sign Lavezzi and Negredo (they old but dammit they should be enough for this division!) as two of my three designated MLS players, one spot to fill in terms of the star names

• Advertisement

Got sacked from Limerick :( and started the tedious job of finding a new club. Applied for Coventry and got the interview where i accepted their philosophies and i have yet to fulfil them even though its only the middle of September, not going to either. I am doing a lot better so far with this team than i ever did with Limerick.

Advertisement