Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dr Ferrari's Camper Van (off-topic discussion)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭Junior

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭Dermot Illogical

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

Pure class. I love it when people judge a book by the cover and never actually read in between.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

So, as I was cycling to work this morning into a brisk NW breeze, I slowly overtook a woman doing about 30+kph on a sit up and beg bike. "Nice pace you're doing".

So we got chatting, turns out she regularly brings the kids about the place on a Dutch cargo bike. That would explain the awesome power...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭colm_gti

Junior wrote: »

Good show of pro teams there! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

6068664339_42257172ed.jpg

Ballet shoes anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭AIR-AUSSIE

Fair play to the lads from here who posted in that Louth thread about cyclists (here) . Argued the point well and even managed to persuade one or maybe two to see it from a cyclist's perspective.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Bunnyhopper

AIR-AUSSIE wrote: »
    Fair play to the lads from here who posted in that Louth thread about cyclists (here) . Argued the point well and even managed to persuade one or maybe two to see it from a cyclist's perspective.

I hopped in with a couple of posts. I'm not sure I'll convince anyone, but it's fun :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

fe3ecdf8.jpg?t=1339174798
    Now that's a knee injury.

Beach soccer was on after the stage earlier today.
    Any player that caught sight of this ran in the opposite direction with their head in their hands.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,127 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Newbie question:

My tyres say 700-23c on them. What exactly does this mean?

(I ask because I'm looking to buy a spare inner tube).

Does that mean this would do the job:

http://www.cyclesurgery.com/continental-inner-tube-r28-700-x-18-25c-presta/tubes/bikes-components-bikewear/fcp-product/19050

?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,037 ✭✭✭buffalo

Any player that caught sight of this ran in the opposite direction with their head in their hands.

For a moment I thought I was missing the Tour de Suisse. Then I wondered how someone managed to crash on the beach...

Out of here with your non-cycling photos! :p

Also, that is gross.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,229 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

specialized takeover of the pro peleton continues

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/team-sky-to-ride-specialized-bikes-in-2013?
    According to a report in L'Equipe this morning, Team Sky could possibly end their association with Italian bike manufacturers Pinarello and may sign an agreement with US giants Specialized. The paper goes as far as to claim that the agreement would be worth an estimated six million Euros per year to the British team.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 74,773 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

awec wrote: »
    Newbie question:

My tyres say 700-23c on them. What exactly does this mean?

(I ask because I'm looking to buy a spare inner tube).

Does that mean this would do the job:

http://www.cyclesurgery.com/continental-inner-tube-r28-700-x-18-25c-presta/tubes/bikes-components-bikewear/fcp-product/19050

?
    700 is the wheel size (standard size for a road bike, although there are smaller 650 wheels)

23 is the tyre width

The tube you linked is 18-25, so will fit in any tyre between 18 and 25mm in width and will therefore fit the tyre you have

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭tawfeeredux

What's happened there? The kneecap pushed sideways is it? I worked with a guy once who said he was playin football when his kneecap came loose and it somehow managed to end up going round the side of the joint & settled in the back of his knee. Said it wasn't as sore as you might think.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

What's happened there? The kneecap pushed sideways is it? I worked with a guy once who said he was playin football when his kneecap came loose and it somehow managed to end up going round the side of the joint & settled in the back of his knee. Said it wasn't as sore as you might think.

That does look like a displaced knee cap. It's very easy to rupture ligaments when it happens, needs to be treated carefully and not just popped back into place.

I've dealt with a couple of GAA/rugby players and it looks painful enough.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

I know someone will start a thread on this, if you know the person who does this, please punch them, hard, in the groin:

ROCHE OUT OF TDF
    Link

Lavenu confirmed that John Gadret would be the sole leader for AG2R at the Tour.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

I know someone will start a thread on this, if you know the person who does this, please punch them, hard, in the groin:

ROCHE OUT OF TDF
    Link

Lavenu confirmed that John Gadret would be the sole leader for AG2R at the Tour.

Who's going to fall for that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

ROCHE OUT OF TDF
    Link

That was posted last year also.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

ROK ON wrote: »
    That was posted last year also.

Was posted in 1988 as well ;)

just got this

TDF-Box-Cover-2012-216x300.jpg

bring it on

What the what? Why is Eurosport showing the football? I know it's Euro, but it's available to watch in so many other places! I DEMAND constant reruns of the Dauphine and Tour de Suisse!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,257 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

just got this

TDF-Box-Cover-2012-216x300.jpg

bring it on

Did you get that online or in a bricks and mortar shop?
    I always find it difficult to source at a reasonable price.

bricks and mortar its usually about 16 euro (thanks to ie gov and vat on magazines)

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Super Freak

ROCHE OUT OF TDF
    Link

Is it April 1st again ??.

I was going to put op a post today about Nico.

I've watched nearly all of the big one day classics,plus the Giro, tour of California, Tour of Romandie etc. Not one mention or sighting of our Nico. Is he even racing this thie year??

• Registered Users Posts: 13,257 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Is it April 1st again ??.

I was going to put op a post today about Nico.

I've watched nearly all of the big one day classics,plus the Giro, tour of California, Tour of Romandie etc. Not one mention or sighting of our Nico. Is he even racing this thie year??

He's in the Tour of Switzerland, which started yesterday :)
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056665659

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Super Freak

Spotted Nico today in the tour of Switzerland. First time this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Aln_S

Speaking of Nico, has anyone a link for his diary from todays indo? I can't seem to find it.

• Advertisement

Aln_S wrote: »
    Speaking of Nico, has anyone a link for his diary from todays indo? I can't seem to find it.

I think he might only write them for the Grand Tours. Can't find it there myself, I'll check the paper paper at lunch.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement