Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ice skating in Ireland

• 09-08-2011 10:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭

I'm from Monaghan, and the closest ice skating dome was in Dundalk, but now it's closed for a while... I heard the closest now is Belfast, but I can't believe that there isn't one in Dublin. Maybe some of you would know? Been searching for this for past 2 weeks, couldn't find a proper answer, so I just registered here.. Also I heard there's one in Drogheda, but not too sure..
    Thanks for your help!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

@JD RoX.

Sometimes they put one up for Christmas in SmithField in Dublin but I dont know of any All Year round Ice Rings.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 carnevore

Hey!

Im also from Monaghan and mad to get to the closest rink, sadly the closest all year round one is in Dundonald, East of Belfast :(

Come October alot will open around the country, i wish one would open in monaghan, maybe if the temperatures are low enough Peters lake will be skateable!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭MysticalSoul

I used to skate at Charlestown, and then Dundalk, and miss my bi-weekly trip to the rink, which became weekly when Charlestown closed and only had Dundalk to contend with. There were initially loads of promises up until the early part of this year about Dundalk reopening, but at the stage after all the empty promises I will only believe it when I get to skate on it. From what I can gather the rink at Dundrum Shopping Centre should be open sometime in October, but no exact dates as of yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭MysticalSoul

In case anyone hasn't heard, some potential good news...

http://iiha.org/news/article/view/id/617

Exciting stuff!! But.. not getting my hopes until i see wit it with my own eyes!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭JaneHudson

There are a few places around the country doing off-ice figure skating (wheels) if that's any good.

If i had 8 new wheels i would be at inline alright, but ive seen this and im happy enough now:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkDuyF5MBTM

Advertisement