Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

West Cork 4X4 Breakers

• 15-03-2012 11:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,158 ✭✭✭

Anyone know if these guys let punters in to wander about the yard at all? Love looking about yards and spotting things I didn't even know I want, so wondering if it could be worth a spin down (I see from their Donedeal ads that they have some newer shape Pajero's for breaking). :)

If they're the type who only serve at the counter then I may as well ring them and spend the money on postage rather than diesel ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,905 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

You can wander around all right.
    He's a rough enough character all the same, treats his workers like dogs.
    Go in dry weather.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Bitten & Hisses

CJhaughey wrote: »
    He's a rough enough character all the same, treats his workers like dogs.
    Is he one of these delightful characters who is doing you an enormous favour by even considering to sell you one of his aparently gold-plated used parts?

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Deadly Dave

I dont know how Irish scrappies stay in business. It is usually cheaper to buy from a UK scrapper and pay the postage. Wandering around a scrapyard is good though.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,905 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Is he one of these delightful characters who is doing you an enormous favour by even considering to sell you one of his aparently gold-plated used parts?
    No, you can haggle him.
    He has the most 90 and 120 series I have seen broken in Ireland.
    Prices aren't bad TBH.

Advertisement