Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSVita megathread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

What you call my "hopes for the Vita" i would class as a "given for the Vita"

Not into platformers. Not into Sly cooper or Rachet and Clank. If i was, i would love the Vita but just not into them. If i were into them, i would just by a DS.

Also Fifa the game itself yes has been re-skinned but the brain work behind the game has changed alot in gameplay and league / manager options. Vita however it has not, it was simply an expensive update. I suppose i should be happy there is a Fifa game at all considering they have not made NBA (on iphone) NHL (on Iphone) Madden (on Iphone)

What you call my "hopes for the Vita" i would class as a "given for the Vita" Its a given that these games are on other consoles yet another year has passed and the word is they are not coming out.

There has never been a decent footy game on any handheld or Ipad/Iphone/Android, so it's ridiculous to expect it to be a given for the vita to have a brilliant footy game.

There has never been a decent footy game on any handheld or Ipad/Iphone/Android, so it's ridiculous to expect it to be a given for the vita to have a brilliant footy game.

Well i class Fifa 2012 as a decent football game on hand held. But as i said , they just rehashed the same game for 2013. Its also the same as Fifa 2011 on the PS3.
    I am pretty sure Developers dont want to make for the Vita .

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

So Ratchet And Clank is pretty much unplayable yeah...?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,991 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

Orizio wrote: »
    So Ratchet And Clank is pretty much unplayable yeah...?
    From what I've heard it hovers around the 15-20fps range, so yeah, it's pretty bad, but I haven't played it myself to really know personally.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

PSVita has now sold 5m units globally.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Why is there no PS Mobile in my PS Store...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,473 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Orizio wrote: »
    Why is there no PS Mobile in my PS Store...

Irish store don't have it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Picked up Machinarium on it at the weekend for €6 on the PS store. It's a point and click adventure which is great stuff altogether. Well worth picking up.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

PSVita has now sold 5m units globally.

Yet still considered something of a failure

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,705 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Yet still considered something of a failure

Just so called game 'journalists' going for sensationalist headlines.

Apparently the 3DS which is outselling everything was a flop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

All the talk is on next gen for E3 but I hope Sony spend at least half an hour on the vita (remote play can be discussed with PS4). 1 or 2 big game reveals would be a welcome boost to the system.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

tok9 wrote: »
    but I hope Sony spend at least half an hour on the vita (remote play can be discussed with PS4). 1 or 2 big game reveals would be a welcome boost to the system.

They would be very foolish not to. My guess is that this is the time when the Vita comes into it's own. There wasn't a real meld of Vita and PS3. It was an after thought and after thoughts don't often work.

Now, the PS4 is designed around the Vita. It sounds VERY exciting. I had totally dismissed the Vita until the PS4 announcement. Now, I'm probably going to purchase both on day 1.

If Sony are clever about this, they would do a lot of talking about Vita at E3, even if it's just to mention it in the same sentence when they mention PS4. They need to get awareness out there.

It's VERY exciting that I can Vita to my PS4 and continue playing a PS4 game, while Mrs. RangeR watched her TV.

Taking little breaks from the never ending Persona 4 to play Thomas Was Alone. What a beautiful little gem of a game it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,317 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Taking little breaks from the never ending Persona 4 to play Thomas Was Alone. What a beautiful little gem of a game it is.

Best game I've played this year and exactly the kind of experience that Microsoft are cutting the Xbox One off from.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Fantastic game.

In other news, Ubisoft are porting Rayman Legends to the PlayStation Vita, with additional content.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 290 ✭✭Atomicjuicer

Not sure if its already been mentioned, but apparently we'll be able to watch the Sony e3 conference live on our vitas.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,991 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

Otacon wrote: »
    And for your consideration...the trailer.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Well will the playstation store summer sale start I wonder :D?

Did anyone buy Soul Sacrifice after? What have you made of it?

I see it's getting free dlc this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

is there anyway of having 2 accounts on the vita, or is there a way to have netflix on my vita other than having 2 seperate memory cards for seperate accounts?

• Advertisement

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    is there anyway of having 2 accounts on the vita

No
    DeSelby83 wrote: »
    is there a way to have netflix on my vita other than having 2 seperate memory cards for seperate accounts?

Yes. Firstly, log into an American PSN account on your Vita. Go to the PSN Store and download the Netflix app. Then back up the app to your PC/PS3 using the Content Manager.

Factory reset your Vita and put into a different memeory card (or wipe the current one). Then log into your EU account, connect it to the PC/PS3 again and copy the Netflix app back to your Vita again.

Saw that earlier. It's good news anyway although I will say I don't think remote play is a feature that's used a lot on the vita or Wii U.

Still, if it gets more people buying it I'm happy.

I would purchase a vita if Remote Play was universal. It's a no brainer. Mrs RangeR doesn't like gaming. I do. I can remote play while she watches TV.

RangeR wrote: »
    I would purchase a vita if Remote Play was universal. It's a no brainer. Mrs RangeR doesn't like gaming. I do. I can remote play while she watches TV.

Looks like you will be buying a Vita then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Guys, I was wondering what is the handiest way I can check how long is left on my PSPlus subscription? I don't have a PS3 so it would either have to be on the Vita or the internet. It's a bit of a pita trying to figure it out.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Guys, I was wondering what is the handiest way I can check how long is left on my PSPlus subscription? I don't have a PS3 so it would either have to be on the Vita or the internet. It's a bit of a pita trying to figure it out.

Have a look in the PS+ megathread - now with FAQ in the op...:D

EDIT:
    Limbo out june 6th: http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2013/05/30/limbo-ps-vita-release-date-confirmed/

F1ngers wrote: »
    Have a look in the PS+ megathread - now with FAQ in the op...:D

EDIT:
    Limbo out june 6th: http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2013/05/30/limbo-ps-vita-release-date-confirmed/

Journey next please.

• Advertisement

Journey next please.

Speaking of Journey, Flower is being released on vita too.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement