Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Shows that dipped in quality after season 1?

• 22-05-2011 6:00pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭

Alias
    Prison Break
    Heroes
    Lost

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

Alias
    Prison Break
    Heroes
    Lost
    But......didn't you only watch the Series Finale of Lost?

I liked Season 2 of Prison Break, but was rubbish after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,446 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

How can you say Alias dipped after season 1? Season 2 really stepped it up a gear for me - it had a brilliant midpoint and a killer cliffhanger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭xkariex

The O.C

• Registered Users Posts: 48,131 ✭✭✭✭km79

Fringe

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Glee. Actually, that dipped in quality after the first half of the first season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,744 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

I loved season 2 of Prison Break, Mahone was a quality character! Now season 3 ugh...

Heroes just turned to pure rubbish after about 8 episodes! Save the Cheerleader, Save the world... Done? Great, now lets make a mess of everything. T-Bag made the last season watchable though

Dexter went downhill right from Season one, obviously Season 4 was special, but nothing has come close to the first season

• Registered Users Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭losthorizon

Mart and Market. It was just cows going round in circles.... constantly. C'mon!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Ciaran_B

Vampire Diaries. The drop off in quality in season 2 is comparable to the mess that was Heroes season 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

heroes possibly the biggest dip in quality in the history of television,

i really enjoyed season 2 of prison break, following micheal tatoos of the escape plan, and as said mahone was an excellent addition to the cast, i put it on par with season 1, i think it just became cool to bash prison break after season 1 when it was so popular, but there was hugh hate for it also, bandwagoners everywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

The first series had me engrossed even if it was a bit far-fetched, but expecting the audience to buy into it over and over again was a bit much for me but obviously not for most of its viewers.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Veronica Mars
    Being Human
    Shameless

• Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

iguana wrote: »
    Shameless

Blasphemy! :eek:

I loved up until about series 4....yes it got tacky I still like it!.....I do watch it for Karl now though.....but that's beside the point!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

km79 wrote: »
    Fringe

Strongly disagree with this one. Apart from the musical episode in series two it has got stronger and stronger.

Heroes is the obvious one. Gave up half way through the final season. Such a let down after an excellent first season

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭Uncle Mclovin

Friday Night Lights. Season one was seriously good. The whole murder thing in season 2 was ridiculous.

I agree about Prison Break. God season 1 was good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Niles

Heroes
    Prison Break (though for some reason I liked season 4, despite it not having anything to do with a Prison Break!)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

I agree about Shameless. Season 1 was very good, but then it seemed to disappear more and more up its own surreal fundament.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,655 ✭✭✭1966

Desperate Housewives !

Advertisement