Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Office - Season 7

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,200 ✭✭✭G-Money

Good episode this week, very funny in places.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Schorpio

lockie1983 wrote: »
    I'm tired of seeing so much of Jim and Pam, its been done to death now

Couldn't agree more. Very tied of Jim and Pam being key to every episode. It's old.

Delighted to see Oscar being put back in his box this week though. He just grinds my gears. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Actually a very funny episode this week. Literal lol'd when Dwight was talking to Pam #2 and he got angry with her.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,907 ✭✭✭dubmick

I though the Christmas party episode was one of the best episodes I have seen in a long long time.

Loved the
    the snowball fight between Jim and Dwight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Magic Eight Ball

dubmick wrote: »
    I though the Christmas party episode was one of the best episodes I have seen in a long long time.

Loved the
    the snowball fight between Jim and Dwight

For real??
    I thought it was muck compared to previous christmas episodes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭the west wing

I did love the snowball fight storyline, but the rest of it was pretty boring. The Holly/Scott relationship annoys me, and I thought the Daryl storyline was tedious. Though I am interested to see what they will do with the gay Senator storyline.

Overall I feel the season is poor, with most of the episodes pretty forgettable, with the Christmas episode just another example of this!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

I did love the snowball fight storyline, but the rest of it was pretty boring. The Holly/Scott relationship annoys me, and I thought the Daryl storyline was tedious. Though I am interested to see what they will do with the gay Senator storyline.

Overall I feel the season is poor, with most of the episodes pretty forgettable, with the Christmas episode just another example of this!
    I agree with you on that. I did enjoy the episode, but it was really the Dwight/Jim part that made the episode enjoyable.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,751 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

directed by rainn wilson/dwight btw

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭KeanSeenan

I laughed a fair bit at Michael's accents when Holly came into the party.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

The snowball fight was pure gold. First time I've laughed in a long time. I doubt I'm the only one who was delighted to see Jim take a bit of a beating from Dwight.

• Advertisement

• Quite good to see Dwight and Jim shenanigans again without Pam being involved much. Some slight character development from Toby.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,907 ✭✭✭dubmick

For real??
    I thought it was muck compared to previous christmas episodes.

Yes

I wasn't comparing it to previous Christmas episodes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

I loved the Dwight and the wigs (esp Stanley's) - a chortle, though, not quite a rofl.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

Just watched the Xmas episode. Jim and Pam, meh.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭iainconlon12

Can't get enough of this episode. The part with Dwights wigs was awesome!

Definatly the best episode this season. Maybe not the best Christmas episode though.

I can see this season getting better now :) But it will come to a horrible end with Michaels departure :(

• Is this season over or is it on a break?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Magic Eight Ball

Is this season over or is it on a break?

It's on a break till the 20th of January.

Are all the Wedmedies on hiatus? I hate hiatuses.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

Definatly the best episode this season. Maybe not the best Christmas episode though.

Without a doubt best of this season, which has been overall pretty poor :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,200 ✭✭✭G-Money

I will have to get a Dwight Schrute Bobblehead I think :D

• Advertisement

• Bump.

According to NYMag (and also posted on the Office's Facebook page) Steve Carell will be leaving the show in 4 episode's time. So no more Michael Scott then! Will the show manage to continue without him?
    You know that tear-filled May season finale of The Office featuring Steve Carell's swan song as Michael Scott we've all been expecting? Turns out Carell won't be in it. That's because Michael will actually leave Scranton (or at least Dunder-Mifflin) about a month before the season ends, according to Office show-runner Paul Lieberstein (also, Toby). "Steve will have a number of episodes that dramatize and lead up to Steve leaving," the producer tells Vulture. "Then we'll continue on for about four more episodes, and the spring will prove to be not about an actor leaving, but what happens in an office when a manager leaves and the chaos ensues and people vie for the job and are uncertain about their future." Producers chose this path because it was important for them to make sure the second half of the season wasn't all about Michael moving on. "It was about focusing the spring on the office and everybody else, and not just a character going. If the show was ending, it would be about that. But it's not." So does this mean we'll find out who the new boss is by season's end, or are producers planning a May cliff-hanger?

"I can't say yet," Lieberstein says. But he did confirm that the show will explore both internal and external candidates as replacements for Michael. And the latter scenario means "we are talking about guest stars" coming in to basically interview for the gig. (Kathy Bates confirmed Thursday that she'll be back for a few episodes later in the season.) As for in-house candidates, it's looking a lot more like Mindy Kaling's Kelly will at least make a play for the position. "Now that she has executive training, she's going to want that job," Office head writer Daniel Chun told us. "At least in her own mind, she deserves to be a manager."

Kaling, who's talked before about the possibility of Kelly taking over for Michael, continues to see some logic in such a twist. "People who aren't necessarily qualified to be the boss are sometimes put in positions that management hopes they grow into," she said. "And the boss [doesn't have] to be the starring role. Most shows are about all the underlings. I could see a world where Kelly becomes the boss, and it's not a show about Kelly." Still, other current Office staffers seem more likely candidates; Lieberstein tells HitFix's Alan Sepinwall that Darryl, Dwight, and Andy are also in the running.

Despite the looming loss of Carell, Lieberstein (as well as several other writer-producers-actors on The Office we spoke to last night at an NBC party) seems pretty damn upbeat about the second half of the year, and beyond. "This time last year there was probably a lot of dread," Lieberstein admits. "But right now there's a lot of excitement. We're having the kinds of conversations we had in seasons one and two about, 'What is the show?' It feels like we ... can really influence the show in a way we couldn't last year. It feels really cool."

As for Carell, Lieberstein says that the actor is starting to show signs of coming to terms with the fact that his days in Scranton are nearly over. "I do get the feeling that Steve has been savoring his last group of episodes," he says. "It's just a feeling. He seems to be a little sentimental."

Taken from NYMag

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭iainconlon12

Bump.

According to NYMag (and also posted on the Office's Facebook page) Steve Carell will be leaving the show in 4 episode's time. So no more Michael Scott then! Will the show manage to continue without him?

Taken from NYMag

No he doesn't have 4 episodes left. He will be leaving the show with 4 episodes left of the season. I'd say the season will have 24 episodes so that would be leaving him with 8 more episodes to star in.

• No he doesn't have 4 episodes left. He will be leaving the show with 4 episodes left of the season. I'd say the season will have 24 episodes so that would be leaving him with 8 more episodes to star in.

Misread the bit from Facebook -
    There will be four more episodes after he exits.
    Thought it read as "until he exits". Any idea who would become manager instead of him? I'm thinking either Pam or Jim, but I would rather not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 614 ✭✭✭colinod0806

oh please god not pam or jim with a bit of luck they would leave with him. I think they should probably bring in someone new as manager to try breath some life into the show

• I'm rewatching Season 6, when Dunder Mifflin were going bust and it really resembles the downfall of Enron. It's a pity that Season 7 has dropped the ball so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

I just had a wee nosy through this thread. I love the show but am away behind y'all in seasons. Imo Andy would make an ideal replacement for Michael. Great character.

I actually recently said if Michael's character was more like David Brent's, I could easily picture Andy in the role.

Andy has been dreadful for several years. The old Andy, with the rage issues, was funny and could have been a good candidate for manager. It'll probably be Stanley or Phyllis instead.

• Andy has been dreadful for several years. The old Andy, with the rage issues, was funny and could have been a good candidate for manager. It'll probably be Stanley or Phyllis instead.

I'd love to see Creed as manager, but that's likely to never happen. He's just such a fascinating character but extremely underused.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 614 ✭✭✭colinod0806

I'd love to see Creed as manager, but that's likely to never happen. He's just such a fascinating character but extremely underused.
    he probably couldn't be promoted as i think there is a strong possibility that he doesn't even officially work for the company:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

With Steve Carell’s imminent departure from The Office hanging over NBC, producers have already begun laying the groundwork for a seventh season that acts as a fitting farewell to the Michael Scott character and also secures the future of the show. Inevitably, this means bringing in some new blood and according to EW, the top two actors in consideration to join the Dunder-Miflin team are Danny McBride and Rhys Darby.
    Both actors have been asked if they’d be interested in joining the show later in the upcoming season, but not necessarily as Carell’s replacement.

Showrunner Paul Lieberstein insists they “haven’t settled exactly who will take over” and discussions regarding the addition of a new salesman to the Scranton branch seem to indicate that’s the role McBride or Darby would be filling, should one of them choose to sign on.
    In an interview with HitFix last month, Lieberstein (who also plays Toby onthe show) indicated that the real life search for Carell’s replacement is something that would be mirrored on the show with the company’s search for Michael Scott’s replacement. As fans of The Office debate whether or not someone new should be brought onboard or an existing member of the ensemble get promoted, the same issues will be addressed within the show.
    So don’t expect a definitive statement on the matter for quite some time. I’m sure they’re going to have a lot of fun letting us speculate about who’s going to win the job and milk this moment for all its worth. It seems possible they could also use this approach to gauge the audience’s approval and support of certain characters over others.

source

I really hope they dont try and replace Michael Scott.

Advertisement