Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Office - Season 7

Options
  • 19-09-2010 8:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭

the-office.jpg

Season premieres on the 23rd September and will be the last to feature Steve Carrell. The shows quality has declined over the past few seasons but I still look forward to every episode. I hope that with this being Steve's last season, the quality picks up again.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

What a terribly put together photo.

Why can't they just take the real photo, instead of taking them all seperately and shopping them in?

Anyway, on topic: I am not looking forward to this. I'll probably watch, but I hate what's happened to every single character.

Also GO AWAY RYAN ffs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

phasers wrote: »
    What a terribly put together photo.

Why can't they just take the real photo, instead of taking them all seperately and shopping them in?

Anyway, on topic: I am not looking forward to this. I'll probably watch, but I hate what's happened to every single character.

Also GO AWAY RYAN ffs

Someone must've got a new computer and had no other use for it.

I'm still looking forward to this. The last season was poor but I don't think I notice it as much as others because I watched the first 5 in a couple of weeks so I didn't get the effects of a "trend" as such.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

I'll force myself to watch it but really, a season without the main character? It worked so well for Scrubs once they'd scraped the barrel with JD...

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

D'ya know what's really irritating me about 'The Office' these days (beside the fact it's now a shadow of it's former self) - it's 7 years old and they haven't updated the opening credits? Every single cast member in the show looks so young.. take a couple of hours to film a new intro title FFS!

But in saying that, probably not much need now that Carrell is leaving.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,991 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Its probably best to have this the last season as without Michael it will be bad imo :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭BrianJD

I'll force myself to watch it but really, a season without the main character? It worked so well for Scrubs once they'd scraped the barrel with JD...

Carrell will be in it this season...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭Morgans

What i find irritating about the US Office is having watched it from the get go, and enjoyed the highs and then lows of the last two seasons, there are thousands of Johnny Come Lately fans wanting to tell me, as if they are supremely clever, how it is sooooo much better than the UK version.

Each to their own of course, but The Office night they had on BBC there last year reminded me once again that the first season of the UK office is close to flawless as you can expect from any comedy. It dipped also after that but thankfully cut the cord rather than flogging the dead horse. The first season is one of the UK greatest of the genre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

You got your wish Basquille. :pac:

I wasn't really digging the opening that was posted already but I thought this was a great episode, more than a couple of LOLs and hopefully the seeds of
    Andy Bernard having another freakout
    being sown. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

The opening was the only enjoyable bit for me..! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭TarfHead

Do you want to know how out of touch I am ?

I was unaware of the Lip Dub meme 'til I saw it parodied on last night's The Office :o. Same thing happened to me with the way Jim & Pam's wedding was handled.

This one went flat years ago, but I stay with it out of misplaced loyalty. I've already binned Weeds and Entourage and It's always sunny in Philadelphia for the same feeling, but just can't bring myself to ditch this one.

basquille wrote: »

Oh **** off then!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

basquille wrote: »

I'm in love with Jenna Fischer all over again :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭KerranJast

Creed. Guitar solo. Brilliant :D

That sucked.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Painfully bad opener, unless Pam & Jim's relationship is some sort of subtle allegory for the actors' relationship with the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

Opening was cringeworthy, buttock-clenchingly so. Rest of it was just watchable.

The balance has tipped. Like The Simpsons, too many poor episodes now to be considered a great tv program. If only they quit at the right time. Now it has to be characterised by the countless lazy mediocre episodes lacking of any humour.

Painfully bad opener, unless Pam & Jim's relationship is some sort of subtle allegory for the actors' relationship with the show.

How do you mean? I'd be interested to know.

I can see the Office going the Scrubs route when Steve Carrel leaves - but hopefully they won't attempt to have a full season without the main star and, quite frankly, the best bit of the show, like Scrubs did.

I also didn't like the opener, or the reference to Inception either. I know in a previous episode in Season Six, Michael referred to "Precious", plus the dance sequence from Jim and Pam's wedding, but apart from this, have they used popular references like that in any other season? It's like they're saying, "hey! Look at us! We're copying what other people have done already because we can't come up with original stuff anymore!"

• Advertisement

How do you mean? I'd be interested to know.

I can see the Office going the Scrubs route when Steve Carrel leaves - but hopefully they won't attempt to have a full season without the main star and, quite frankly, the best bit of the show, like Scrubs did.

I also didn't like the opener, or the reference to Inception either. I know in a previous episode in Season Six, Michael referred to "Precious", plus the dance sequence from Jim and Pam's wedding, but apart from this, have they used popular references like that in any other season? It's like they're saying, "hey! Look at us! We're copying what other people have done already because we can't come up with original stuff anymore!"

Well said. Using a youtube parody for Jim and Pam's wedding - surely one of the climaxes that they had in mind from day 1 - says all you need to say about the standard of the writing.

I agree about the references but to be fair Michael always used references but the point of them was he was painfully out of date, using modern ones is stupid.

They did that parcour(?) thing before so Michael obviously loves Youtube. The opening fitted, although I really expected Dwight to disapprove of the entire thing.

phasers wrote: »
    I agree about the references but to be fair Michael always used references but the point of them was he was painfully out of date, using modern ones is stupid.

They did that parcour(?) thing before so Michael obviously loves Youtube. The opening fitted, although I really expected Dwight to disapprove of the entire thing.

I forgot totally about the Parkour thing. Thanks for that, it was a pretty brilliant moment from the show, particularly Andy jumping from the skip into the box.

It seemed a bit strange that Dwight was as into it as he was. The only excellent bit about the entire opening was Meredith and Kevin tied back-to-back. That was an original take on the thing, the rest just kinda sucked.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

I quite enjoyed the first episode. Solid funny stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Magic Eight Ball

New episode was a bit meh!
    Are we starting to finally see some reconciliation between Michael and Toby?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

I thought Dwight in the shop was hillarious.
    "Good morning...what...I'm a beet farmer...id...good sir."
    "listen...you can't treat...thank you....good morning sir.."
    "you made a big mistake......I'll take the wizard"
    :)

The rest was meh.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Andys Play and Sex Ed eps were much better improvements.:)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,728 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

smuckers wrote: »
    Andys Play and Sex Ed eps were much better improvements.:)

Agreed! I loved Michael going to all of his previous girlfriends, that was as funny as hell!! And it sets the seeds nicely for Holly's return!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

I thought the last few episodes were good! Less focus on Jim and Pam and more funny Michael and Andy.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,728 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

OisinT wrote: »
    I thought the last few episodes were good! Less focus on Jim and Pam and more funny Michael and Andy.

Agreed. I love the additional focus on Andy this year, he has always been one of my favourite background characters, along with Creed!! :D

Advertisement