Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Need to get the 7950gtx in my Dell XPS repaired - Best place?

• 12-01-2009 12:58am

Hi guys,

I have a problem with my Dell XPS M1710. It won't even boot up into Windows now unless it's in safe mode. I have artefacts all over my screen as many others on this forum have reported and I (suspect) need to get my graphics card replaced.

Is Dell the only place that can do this? How much will it cost for them to fix it up etc? I heard they quote 570 Euro for this card to fix and fit etc but if you refuse, they do it for 370 or something like that?

I don't have a warranty anymore. It's 15 months old.

Also, if Dell replace it and fix it, I assume I get a one year warranty (at least) on the card in case it fails again?????

My advice to people is buy an XPS laptop from Dell but get the 3 year warranty! otherwise don't bother buying one!!!!!:rolleyes:

Comments

come on, anyone?????

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

Dell are your only hope I would imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

How about this option?

invest4deepvalue.com

Do-more wrote: »
    How about this option?

I don't see how that is a good option. They basically (from what I can see) fix your current (broken) graphics card so this sounds like a temporary fix and then they go and only give a 30 day guarantee. I'd be looking for a standard one year warranty on the card again so I think buying a new one from Dell will hopefully give me that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

I'd be looking for a standard one year warranty on the card again so I think buying a new one from Dell will hopefully give me that.

Fair enough, but check with Dell first that they are going to install a new card, lots of boards suggesting that they often replace with refurb cards!

invest4deepvalue.com

• Advertisement

Do-more wrote: »
    Fair enough, but check with Dell first that they are going to install a new card, lots of boards suggesting that they often replace with refurb cards!

That's a great tip, thanks for that.

Advertisement