Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Could someone help me with a translation into German?

Options
  • 06-09-2014 7:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

I want to buy a specific car part from a German website but I don't speak German. They do not speak English and the site does not translate very well using google translate etc.

I was hoping to send them a message with my order just to make sure that the item is in stock etc..

Would anyone be able to help with this?

thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

give us the text here (or by pm if it's sensitive), I'll translate it for you

(feeling generous today :D)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,610 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

I dont mean to hijack the thread but I came here with the exact same problem as the OP. I want to bid in a coffee machine in Germany but am unsure of the descroption which is

Geht an, es kommt warmes Wasser, Temperatur anzeige bewegt sich nicht, daneben kommt auch Dampf raus es fehlt vorne Blech.
    verkaufe defekt an bastler.
    Bilder sind Bestandteil der Beschreibung.
    Privatverkauf. keine Garantie, keine Rücknahme, keine Gewährleistungen, usw.

I've put it through some translation sites but they seem to conflict. What I'm looking to knoww is 1) does it still produce hot water and 2) what does it say about steam working

Im pretty sure the hot water is ok as it mentions termperature but as for the steam the translations seem to differ and its unclear if its functioning or not, please help !

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

It says

machine turns on, there is hot water, temperature gauge not working, there is also steam next to it / on the side (of the machine, I presume), bit of sheet metal missing from front.
    Sold as non working /fixer-upper

The German in the original isn't great either, so there is some room for interpretation even in the original

• Registered Users Posts: 19,610 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Thanks Peasant, you're right- his description doesnt make certain that the steam is working or not, it just says its there which alludes that it does. Anyway I knew the machine was a fixer upper, I'm just unsure of exactly how much there is to fix ! Thanks again:)

Advertisement