Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Which shows have you yet to catch up on?

Options
  • 22-05-2011 6:04pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭

Deadwood has always been in the back of mind mind, the Summer is a good time for this :)
    Have you any shows stashed away you've yet to see or any shows you hear good things about you want to see?

If i'd recomend one show to check out it would be Nikita!

:cool:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I'm going to be catching up on Parks and Recreation this Summer, I keep hearing it's as good as Community so I'm giving it a shot.

I'll probably give the 11th Doctor a fair shot too, I'm finished my mourning :p

• Registered Users Posts: 11,753 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

just caught up (to series 3 ) on always sunny in Philadelphia from the start which is appropriately silly and wacky for what it is.

my brother says i should watch intreatment :/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Glebee

Just finished watching the 3 seasons of Parks and Recreation and really really loved it. Its defo as good as Community.

I never got round to watching any Mad Men so will give that a whirl.
    Whats Modern Family like, might give that a try also.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

It gets better and better until se 02 ep 22
    then there are 2 awful episodes

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

The Wire

The Sopranoes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Kettle316

Just finished watching The Sopranos last night after putting off for years. Really glad i did watch it it's an awesome show!!

I'm gonna start either Breaking Bad or Sons of Anarchy in the next week or two. I've heard great things about both of them!!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Ciaran_B

I might take another run at Supernatural. I watched the first episode but it didn't do it for me but it gets recommended a lot so I might give it another chance.

Or I'll probably just watch Buffy season 1-3 again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

The Wire and haven't seen House past season 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭KeanSeenan

I'll get intro Treme season 2 once I finish my exams. I was thinking about starting Game of Thrones and The Killing too...are they good?Should I?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Ronan Raver77

Game of thrones is good..Treme s2 not sure at all!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭liah

Just started Dexter (finished S1 in 2 days..:pac:) and Chuck with The Wire waiting for when those are done. The hype for all these years for all these three turned me off; I have to wait a spell til everyone shuts up about them to be able to give them the appreciation they deserve (and to forget any spoilers that I may have absorbed in the fanfare!) :o

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

phasers wrote: »
    I'm going to be catching up on Parks and Recreation this Summer, I keep hearing it's as good as Community so I'm giving it a shot.

I'll probably give the 11th Doctor a fair shot too, I'm finished my mourning :p
    Glebee wrote: »
    Just finished watching the 3 seasons of Parks and Recreation and really really loved it. Its defo as good as Community.

I never got round to watching any Mad Men so will give that a whirl.
    Whats Modern Family like, might give that a try also.

I think Parks & Recreation is one of the best comedies on TV at the moment.

At the moment I'm catching up on How To Make It In America and have Hawaii 5-0, Treme S2 and Boardwalk Empire to watch.
    I'm also re-watching Oz again so I've a pretty hectic schedule at the moment :)

EDIT: Also forgot that i have Breaking Bad to watch from the start as well

• Registered Users Posts: 55,451 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I'm halfway through season 2 of Justified (having watched seaon 1 for the first time last week).
    I have slapped myself for not watching it sooner. Really superb TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

on season 3 of OZ, still deciding weather to watch dexter or mad men next, six feet under is in there somewhere also,

got a lash of boxsets for christmass and birthday, seeing tham all staring at me is making me wanna watch them, even though ive seen tham all, :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭Wossack

Have to catch up on.. (oh man, this hurts my head just thinking about it :o)

Caprica - didnt pick this up again after the break (think episode 13..?)
    V - same as above. End of s1, whole of s2
    Boardwalk Empire - herself kept falling asleep.. slow burner a bit
    Babylon 5 - never got to the last season, though never felt the need to, everything wraps up in s4 iirc
    Dollhouse - interest in this waned mid s1, though would like to get into it again
    Heroes - never watched the last season
    Fringe - catching up on slowly (5-6 behind) - love this show though
    Stargate Universe - as above (though more love/hate iirc)
    Deadwood - s3 still to go! great show
    Peep Show - yikes, still 3-4 eps from last season still to watch. Ashamed by this one..
    Prison Break - got halfway through s2, and gave up. Heard it picks up again though.
    Rome - s2 still to watch. Though in my defence, only found out there was a second season relatively recently :p

Though myself and the gf just finished Dexter at the weekend, so we've a new main series to start on :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

Started watching season one Six Feet Under at the weekend. Watched the first 5 episodes and am loving it. Actually had it recorded from Sky Atlantic, all of season 1 and a few episodes of season 2.

Going to be aquiring the first few episodes of season 2 of Treme shortly too.

Currently watching, against my better judgement, The Killing, which is poor but sure theres only 5 episodes left so I`ll stick with it and Blue Bloods which is awful. Dont know why but I keep watching it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

I just watched Fringe from the start up to the end of the current season. Don't know how I missed this before, amazing show.

I have seen a few boardwalk empire but need to catch up.
    Will probably give Justified a go as well. Never watched Treme but don't think it's my kind of show, might watch a few to decide.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,094 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Spent the last few months catching up on Fringe. Am two episodes behind at this point. Think it has gone significantly down hill the last few episodes (frickin'
    soul magnets
    ), but still enjoyable fluff.

West Wing is the current big time investment - around eight episodes into series three.

After that, Six Feet Under is one I've been meaning to watch (have only seen a few episodes from season one). Treme and Boardwalk Empire have been ignored so will have to catch up on 'em too, as well as the much praised Community.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭Wossack

oh yea, have the last 2 seasons of six feet under to watch too ¬.¬

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Have Boardwalk Empire ready to roll once everything else finishes up this week, and after that will have Game of Thrones (decided to wait until the first season has aired to watch it, so I can enjoy it all the more without week long breaks)...
    Also have to catch up on Camelot (have watched up to episode 4) and the final 3 episodes of Stargate Universe (can't bring myself to watch, because then its over)...
    I've also just finished the 3rd season of One Tree Hill (surprisingly good show - and I'm not usually a fan of teen dramas) and the first season of Criminal Minds (enjoyable and doesn't require too much attention)...
    Gave up on both Fringe and Mad Men after 5 episodes of each (its not that I didn't enjoy them, they just didn't live up to the hype). Maybe I'll go back and try again with them. Watched the first and half of the second series of Breaking Bad and loved it, so I have to go back and start watching that again.

Probably should get around to watching the following at some stage too:
    The Shield
    Six Feet Under
    Sons of Anarchy
    The West Wing

and I'm sure there's plenty more I haven't seen that I really should have - I just don't seem to have the time...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

For me, this is the Summer of Dexter. I've got boxsets 2 and 3 giving me odd looks every time I reach for a DVD. And the cousins sent me 4 and 5, so I'm going to go back to the beginning and just watch the whole lot in a week or so :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭SadieSue

Hopefully this summer I can get caught up on Dexter. I will have to re-watch the first two seasons though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

Oh yeah baby I have it all ahead now.

I stopped watching Lost about season 3 so must watch it all thru from EP1 - 6 with the GF.

She watched dexter a bit but I rarely had time for it so will do that from start too.

BSG she's not really into but I never got round to watching Caprica. Might get her to watch this from the start.

Recently had her watch 24 from start. She hated this show she claimed. Now she loves it and she couldn't wait to watch more of it which is why I have hopes for BSG :D

Prison break - Never got past season 2. If it got good again it'll be added to the list.

The Shield - Have heard good things so when I get thru the above that will be on the list.

The Sopranos - Great show, been years since I seen any of the episodes so will defo have to have her watch some of that.

I really must get myself a Screenplay or something cos the Wii isn't the best device I could be using as a media player :D It does the job tho all the same but it can be frustrating at times with lack of options :D

Advertisement