Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Man Utd Megastore 60% off EVERYTHING!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,928 ✭✭✭long_b

baldshin wrote: »
    Surprised no one has posted this in here. Definatley a pricing error which will more than likely be cancelled, but no harm trying it.
    I bought two jerseys and transaction went through, paid via PayPal. You must go through the below link for prices to show as reduced.

http://store.manutd.com/stores/manutd/products/kit_selector.aspx?selectorid=518

Wouldn't they be comig out with a new kit for thr coming yea soon ? Sale on the old stuff makes sense to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭bradlente

No mark downs on the site through the link,gone already?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭baldshin

There will be a new kit next year yes, but the Chevrolet one linked above only came out last week and is for the coming season.

bradlente wrote: »
    No mark downs on the site through the link,gone already?

Added a second link, both still working for me in Safari. Maybe try a different browser?

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Chimichangas

Only seems to be the away kit now with reduced price.
    New adidas kit due next year i think.

Nice find, but my wallet will stay closed all the same....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

Both home and away kits are still reduced.

Had to click on the home kit twice to make it work though. First time I clicked on it, it was full price. Closed the page, clicked the link again and voila...discounted price.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,630 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Saw this on Twitter earlier, away kit to the front door for €35 is a steal even if there is a new kit next season.

Seems to be fixed now....I suspect staff have just started work and are in for a rough morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭erkifino

I just bought Nani. Thanks OP!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭NeVeR

what was on sale? all looks fine now.. was it much cheaper?

• Advertisement

Will this be honoured then?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,384 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

erkifino wrote: »
    Ha ... they saw you coming :)

NeVeR wrote: »
    what was on sale? all looks fine now.. was it much cheaper?

New away jersey delivered for €35.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Pique

Keep the receipt !

• Registered Users Posts: 8,539 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Nani? Of all of them you picked him :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,539 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

I've a feeling that there will be a few disappointed customers in the next day or so.

EDIT: Orders won't be going through confirmed by MUFC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Aodhagan wrote: »
    I've a feeling that there will be a few disappointed customers in the next day or so.

EDIT: Orders won't be going through confirmed by MUFC.

Where?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

So it seems the MUFC online store will honour the prices!
    A Manchester United spokesperson told IBTimes UK: "United Direct, the Club's Official Online Megastore, which is run by our e-commerce partner Kitbag, sent out communications which contained details of an erroneous discount code to our fans around the globe - this offer has now ended.

"United Direct will honour all consumer orders placed using this discount code, an approach which is fully endorsed by the Club."

Link

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

NUTZZ wrote: »
    So it seems the MUFC online store will honour the prices!

Link

They didn't have to, class act by Man Utd.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭greeno

Maybe the whole thing is a marketing stunt done in the wee hours when few people would avail of it but enough to make a news story. It also coincided with their first game wearing the Chevrolet top.

Not that I care I got one for me and my niece

• Advertisement

greeno wrote: »
    Maybe the whole thing is a marketing stunt done in the wee hours when few people would avail of it but enough to make a news story. It also coincided with their first game wearing the Chevrolet top.

Not that I care I got one for me and my niece

It does seem a little coincidental alright, however The Sun are reporting that over 4,000 people ordered during the 'error' amassing losses of £200,000 for the store.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭greeno

It does seem a little coincidental alright, however The Sun are reporting that over 4,000 people ordered during the 'error' amassing losses of £200,000 for the store.

Not even one weeks wages for Rooney

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭ShaunC

Yeah, and you believe everything you read in that rag.
    If the Megastore was selling the kit for a tenner they would still be making a profit.

ShaunC wrote: »
    Yeah, and you believe everything you read in that rag.
    If the Megastore was selling the kit for a tenner they would still be making a profit.

I believe very little of what they publish actually, I was posting in reference to the number of 'reported' users that made orders during the window.

If the store was losing big money over this you can be guaranteed they wouldn't be honoring it.

And it didn't just affect the kits, it was everything on the store which included 60% off some expensive jewellery and executive gifts.

Well my order has been shipped! Delighted, but now I wish I'd ordered more!

Advertisement