Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Sports Direct Running Shoes for under €10

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,406 ✭✭✭chewed

I bought a good bit of stuff from Sports Direct recently, including a pair of shoes (€65 here) for €40 (incl PP&P). Only 2 days delivery as well which is great!

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭saucyleopard

That's nice but if you are looking for an Irish website which is selling the better known brands such as Nike and Asics at the best prices you should try www.jfsports.ie

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

That's nice but if you are looking for an Irish website which is selling the better known brands such as Nike and Asics at the best prices you should try www.jfsports.ie

It's a bargain alert about runners for under €10 not a buy Irish alert. You can stick with the Irish site if you like, but seeing as the shoes ain't made in Ireland I'll stick with the OP's bargain.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 nickynoo

Thank you OP. I've just bought myself a pair of running shoes for £7.99.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,999 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Just a note to all considering, only buy these based on the price they are now (which does seem fantastic in fairness), ignore the RRP

Karrimor are a sports direct owned brand and there was no way these were ever intended to be sold for £80

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭saucyleopard

Showed the web page to a friend of mine and he seems to think that Karrimor are the same runners that Dunnes Stores sells but with a different brand name. How true is that? Dunnes don't sell their runners for €70.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

Showed the web page to a friend of mine and he seems to think that Karrimor are the same runners that Dunnes Stores sells but with a different brand name. How true is that? Dunnes don't sell their runners for €70.

The RRPs on sportsdirect own brand products are grossly over exaggerated. Pay no attention to them or the purported "discounts".

• Registered Users Posts: 14,019 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Go to sports world @ Heatons, try on and if you like them buy from SportsDirect ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭fdevine

sportsdirect own alot of the brands that they sell (Londsdale, Kangol, Everlast, Karrimor......long list). The Karrimor range are certainly not the same as the runners Dunnes sell AFAIK, although as others have noted they have been given an inflated RRP. Dunnes runners, which IIRC sell at €25, are very similar to the ones Penneys sell for €13.

Ignore the RRP on everything on sportsdirect and probably consider most of the "running" shoes as trainers or fashion trainers. If you're happy with the price being asked then that's all that matters.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,936 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Karrimor is probably the best quality range of clothing Sportsdirect own. Always been very pleased with the stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Save 20% with code: RUN14

if you buy the runners off www.karrimor.com

Direct link here: http://www.karrimor.com/karrimor-tempo-2-mens-running-shoes-211758?colcode=21175803

Its the same site basically as sportsdirect, with free shipping also.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭bikerboy_ie

Tinie wrote: »
    Save 20% with code: RUN14

if you buy the runners off www.karrimor.com

Direct link here: http://www.karrimor.com/karrimor-tempo-2-mens-running-shoes-211758?colcode=21175803

Its the same site basically as sportsdirect, with free shipping also.

Well done Tinie, even cheaper again! Just order a pair for my wife for €7.67

Hard to beat that in fairness

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭irishproduce

Does delivery add much?
    Is it better for me to club together with some friends?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭bailey99

Couldn't convert the sterling price to euros on the site. But I bought two pairs for £12.78. Ridiculous stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭crayon80

Delivery adds precisely €0 to the order. Free for the last while .

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭jousting with chairs

Does delivery add much?
    Is it better for me to club together with some friends?

I've put 2 orders in today and got free delivery on both.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭Rucking_Fetard

Any review on karrimor runners ive read has been bad...actually they've been getting worse.

Any one try them here?

The runners, or the trail ones.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭tharmor

Thanks ordered one !

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭False Prophet

Any review on karrimor runners ive read has been bad...actually they've been getting worse.

Any one try them here?

The runners, or the trail ones.
    They are not great, As already said by others they are cheap for a reason.

Ok for the short run/walks for a limited time

Wouldn't recommend anyone use them for running especially if you plan on doing alot of miles.

Another negative is that they have the British flag on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

Cheers OP just purchased a pair of runners for £6.39 that surely is a bargain

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭yizorselves

3 pairs of runners. 1 trail, and a pair for the gym, and a pair for the odd run on the road.

€57.57

Nice one

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭Cjs21

For anyone thinking of buying these before Midnight on Sunday!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057256954

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭yizorselves

Ha I might cancel and order tomorrow so

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

tharmor wrote: »
    Thanks ordered one !

I thought they sold them in pairs :D

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭maudgone

Great offers. Just bought a pair of runners, and 12 pr of socks for just €15, with no delivery charges. Thanks op.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,499 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Thanks OP.

4 pairs for 40, didn't try to wait until midnight (discount prices may go up since then).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,835 ✭✭✭RayCon

Pair of cheaper runners for walking / light jogging = €7.67 delivered !

Yes, I know they're are not to be compared with proper running shoes ...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

Really good prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,406 ✭✭✭chewed

Really good prices.

Good prices because they treat their staff like s***e!

90% (approx. 20,000) of their employees are on zero hour contracts

For this reason, I've stopped shopping on their site. I've also stopped shopping Dunnes for similar reasons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Ah here! Resurrect an old thread - have people thinking there's a new BA

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement