Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What beer are we drinking this week, too?

Comments

• I had it from the bottle. Thought there was little to no malt in the flavour.

White Hag will be showcasing their Xmas Ale in Martins Off Licence of Fairview tomorrow evening.

For me White Hag have been the best thing to happen beer wise this year. I haven't yet tried one of their brews I didn't love.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

For me White Hag have been the best thing to happen beer wise this year. I haven't yet tried one of their brews I didn't love.

yeah, not a bad beer from them at all.

I'm still to try the porter though, would love to get my hands on some.

• yeah, not a bad beer from them at all.

I haven't seen that around at all. I find it hard enough to get their full range. Would love to get my hands on their oatmeal stout again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭drumswan

The Oatmeal Stout (if thats what you mean) is still pouring in Blackbird, Rathmines.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

I got a bottle of their Irish IPA and was disappointed with it, first one I didn't like. I'd loved the Fleadh Ale and all their beers I tried at the ICBF in the RDS, especially the imperial porter they had.

In better news the Kinnegar black bucket is superb!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

First round of the Christmas beers sorted. 2 more special ones and I'm done. Still unsure what to get

m77HG9vl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,437 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Almost positive that Drinkstore have it.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,737 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Metalman's can prototype no. 1 is fantastic.
    On tap in Bierhaus, Cork.

I'd buy cans of that.
    Described as a happy hoppy amber ale.

Black's imperial stout on cask is also pretty amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭dintbo

Metalman's can prototype no. 1 is fantastic.
    On tap in Bierhaus, Cork.

I'd buy cans of that.
    Described as a happy hoppy amber ale.

Black's imperial stout on cask is also pretty amazing.

I tried the Metalman during the harvest festival in Waterford and really enjoyed it. Must look out for the cans.

Boont Amber is a nice easygoing ale, with a nice hint of Orange Citrus in the finish, and kind of warming at 6.2%, perfect for a wet and windy evening.

Following it with a To Ol 8 Ball, delicious porter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭BMJD

just made my xmas order with McHugh's, happy days ahead

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭St. Lupulin

BMJD wrote: »
    just made my xmas order with McHugh's, happy days ahead

You'll just need about 14 wheelie bins.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭toffeeshel

The last 2 kegs in the country went to Brew Dock. Carryout Tyrellstown had it on the growler station too. The pressure is mounting on them to hold back bottles for the domestic market. Their next core beer for Ireland will be a lower ABV stout

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

Had Blacks Imperial Stout on cask last night in the Bierhaus. It was amazing. Loads of rich chocolate and coffee flavors and it hid the 7.5% AVB very well. Apparently the batch is going to be aged in barrels for a couple of months before being released in bottles. Something to look forward to next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

:eek::eek::eek:

I need to get myself to the Bierhaus!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,737 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

:eek::eek::eek:

I need to get myself to the Bierhaus!

Imperial Stout gone :-(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

Smithwicks Blonde! I don't know what to expect. And yet I probably do.

Another Smithwicks?

Jesus, Blondes are bland at the best of times, I can't imagine what that's like.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Another Smithwicks?

Jesus, Blondes are bland at the best of times, I can't imagine what that's like.

I'd say it's bland.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,215 ✭✭✭jh79

Independent whiskey stout, really enjoying this , a bit expensive at 6.50 for 500ml at 7.0 abv.

• Advertisement

that's not at all expensive for a 7% beer!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

jh79 wrote: »
    Independent whiskey stout, really enjoying this , a bit expensive at 6.50 for 500ml at 7.0 abv.

Independent are another strange one. All their beers are quite expensive for Irish beers and it has always put me off trying them. That said, I picked up they Pale Ale this evening in my Drinkstore Christmas order. I tried it at the beer fest and thought it was really nice so I said I'd give it a bash.

Having a bottle of Guinness West Indies Porter. Not bad, but it's quite dry and very gassy.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭astraj

Old speckled hen for me tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭baconsarnie

Ravelleman wrote: »
    Smithwicks Blonde! I don't know what to expect. And yet I probably do.

I'm going to guess.....bland....bordering on tasteless

Will hopefully be proven wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭baconsarnie

In better news the Kinnegar black bucket is superb!

+100% that beer is awesome!

I think a few bottles need to be purchased to treat myself over Xmas

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭slayerking

jh79 wrote: »

Having one myself. I find the whiskey pretty intense for my liking. Warming it up a tad makes a huge difference though.
    I've Fran well and O'Haras whiskey stouts in the stash so they will all be compared.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,437 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Stocked up on my Christmas stash in Drinkstore yesterday. Very different to previous years insofar as I only bought one dark beer - the rest were IPAs.
    The dark was Rascal's Chocolate Ginger Porter. Came highly recommended so I figured I should try it.
    Anyway, I now have another "go-to Irish IPA" - White Hag IPA to go with my other staples, namely Full Sail, Sabotage and Blacks KPA.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭cloudatlas

• Registered Users Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

No beer tonight but having some homemade Applejack.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

BaZmO* wrote: »
    I'd say it's bland.

I bought one. Guess what...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement