Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Anxiety and/or depression discussion.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭0byme75341jo28

Today is such a struggle..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Gongoozler wrote: »
    Funny thing is I'm recently considering a very different career path, well not that I had one before just different to what I'm currently doing. It would not be 9- 5. It would probably eventually lead the direction of working for myself and that is a majorly scary thought for me.

Scary yes, but you could pull it off! Stranger things have happened

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭Gongoozler

Scary yes, but you could pull it off! Stranger things have happened

Of course it's possible, it's just big and scary and risky. But I suppose it's not like I'd give up my full time job for it right off. I'd test the waters first. But just still.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

What's on your mind there friend?
    Funny thing is I'm recently considering a very different career path, well not that I had one before just different to what I'm currently doing. It would not be 9- 5. It would probably eventually lead the direction of working for myself and that is a majorly scary thought for me.
    Of course it's possible, it's just big and scary and risky. But I suppose it's not like I'd give up my full time job for it right off. I'd test the waters first. But just still.

Best of luck with it G! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

Same here..hugs to you

• Advertisement

Lost my debit card today...not the best one for someone anxious :D In the event it was left in a store and someone handed it in :) Only realised after shops were shut up though (had to phone them) so very hasty trip home to block it. Phew.

fr336 wrote: »
    Lost my debit card today...not the best one for someone anxious :D In the event it was left in a store and someone handed it in :) Only realised after shops were shut up though (had to phone them) so very hasty trip home to block it. Phew.

That sounds like a right pain in the arse. Hope you'll get a replacement before Xmas.

That sounds like a right pain in the arse. Hope you'll get a replacement before Xmas.

Oh yeah 2 working days :) I'm just glad it a) wasn't stolen anyway and b) I had it blocked anyhow.

How you Hugo?

How you Hugo?

Not too shabby here man thanks. Aside from losing your card, how are you today sir?

• Advertisement

Not too shabby here man thanks. Aside from losing your card, how are you today sir?

It actually made a weirdly nice change to actually HAVE to deal with something head on and let the anxiety purely ride over me...it had to be dealt with immediately and I just tackled the anxiety (including the extra stress) head on...it feels like I've been exercising actually. So I'm alright now :p

It actually made a weirdly nice change to actually HAVE to deal with something head on and let the anxiety purely ride over me...it had to be dealt with immediately and I just tackled the anxiety (including the extra stress) head on...it feels like I've been exercising actually. So I'm alright now :p

That's great to hear actually! :)

That's great to hear actually! :)

You don't seem as talkative as usual, maybe it's just me? :o Obviously fine..I just mean if something's up moreso than usual? (Though you did say you were fine so :p)

You don't seem as talkative as usual, maybe it's just me? :o Obviously fine..I just mean if something's up moreso than usual? (Though you did say you were fine so :p)

Sorry man, I'm jumping between putting stuff on the fire to playing Far Cry and checking Boards :D:o

Sorry man, I'm jumping between putting stuff on the fire to playing Far Cry and checking Boards :D:o

I'm just imagining this warm cosy country mansion...Hugo towers

I'm just imagining this warm cosy country mansion...Hugo towers

You couldn't be further from the truth! LOL :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Very mopey and stuff today. Seasonal spirits getting me down of course..

How are you two?

Very mopey and stuff today. Seasonal spirits getting me down of course..

How are you two?

This time of year can be especially tough on our kind G. *hug*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Sala

Does any one with anxiety daydream and then snap back paranoid they were saying it out loud??? I usually know when I'm talking out loud!! but I keep getting fixated on this

• Advertisement

Sala wrote: »
    Does any one with anxiety daydream and then snap back paranoid they were saying it out loud??? I usually know when I'm talking out loud!! but I keep getting fixated on this

Not that specifically, but I do feel I've drifted for a while then snap myself back into reality. Plenty of people do that anyway tbh.

Not that specifically, but I do feel I've drifted for a while then snap myself back into reality. Plenty of people do that anyway tbh.

I daydream constantly too.

Thanks I get carried away and I get such a jolt when I'm daydreaming in paranoid i was saying things aloud - probably was not, but sure why miss the chance to give myself something else to stress over :-(

Sala wrote: »
    Thanks I get carried away and I get such a jolt when I'm daydreaming in paranoid i was saying things aloud - probably was not, but sure why miss the chance to give myself something else to stress over :-(

You're probably being very silly! :hugs:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭CZ 453

It's very common.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Roquentin

CZ 453 wrote: »
    It's very common.

it is very common among those on the schizophrenic spectrum of disorders:

schizoid, schizotypal, schizoaffective and schizophrenia

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

The letter of the day in the indo about how loneliness is a big problem for some this year.. The letter has a stock photo of an elderly lady beside it.. Surely that stereotype needs to go.. I've been lonely a while now and it's worse this year than ever.. I'm in my thirties and have been very lonely on and off for as long as I can remember..

Rant over, sorry about that..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Roquentin

i feel more lonely around people than i do alone......

there is a lot of freedom in the solitude.

i meet people from time to time alright, but certainly spend the majority of time alone

very introverted

The letter of the day in the indo about how loneliness is a big problem for some this year.. The letter has a stock photo of an elderly lady beside it.. Surely that stereotype needs to go.. I've been lonely a while now and it's worse this year than ever.. I'm in my thirties and have been very lonely on and off for as long as I can remember..

Rant over, sorry about that..

Not a rant, a sound observation :)

• Advertisement

Roquentin wrote: »
    i feel more lonely around people than i do alone......

there is a lot of freedom in the solitude.

i meet people from time to time alright, but certainly spend the majority of time alone

very introverted

I know the feeling, but then again I don't think I've ever truly experienced life yet. 26 Monday, about time I broke the shell once and for all.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement