Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Hottest Indian in Ireland

• 01-11-2004 4:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭

can anyone tell me where I could get the hottest Indian curry?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 foodietwoshoes

Come over to my place! I make a fish curry with at least 3 heaped tsps of extra-hot chilli powder, and that's for about 4 servings.

FTS

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭Loobz

I would like to know where the "best" indian resteraunt is in the South East (preferably Wexford - Waterford)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Dr. Dre

The best Indian I’ve ever eaten was a take away in Dundalk called “The Shalamar Tandoori” unfortunately it’s closed now, but the “phal” (hotter than vindaloo) that I used to get was absolutely cruel! – we’re talking tears streaming down the face hot!
    I loved it. I’ve eaten in many Indians around the country and in England and have yet to get a hotter dish.
    We have a few Indian restaurants/takeaways in town now, but none of them come even remotely close to the aforementioned, despite their warnings to me when I was placing orders for extra hot vindaloos, I wouldn’t even need a drink to go along with them, they were that mild (in my book anyhow).
    I now have to go to a place in Newry (called “A taste of Bengal”) for my phal, really nice. After a few jars it’s almost impossible to eat, and it’s actually physically painful ;-) Just the way I like it.
    So, I too would be interested in hearing of any good spots around the country.

EDIT: hmmm, my 1000th post. \o/ yay me.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

I know where it is sort of!! On the way to Cork (frum Dublin) there was a town.. a bigish town.. it could have been Mitchelstown.. i think it was... anyway its where you go through the main street through the town past a supervalu and then come to a junction. Left goes somewhere and right goes to cork.. its on that street. the only indian i saw, cant remember what its called..

Anyway we ordered a Veggie curry and Chilli prawns... We could not finish, it was lovely but our mouthes were raw!!! it burnt so much.. i was driving but i still had to order a Cobra bear to kill a bit of it...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

Dr. Dre wrote:
    the “phal” (hotter than vindaloo) that I used to get was absolutely cruel! – we’re talking tears streaming down the face hot!
    I loved it. I’ve eaten in many Indians around the country and in England and have yet to get a hotter dish.

There used to be a place in Bray that did that except it was spelt Pall on their menu, it came with a warning. I've had a few vindaloo's but this was a whole different ball game. Reminds me of the episode in The Simpons where Homer goes to the chilli cookoff and insulates his mouth with candlewax. That's the sort of protection you need for the Pall.

Funny thing is it's closed down now, all the customers probably died off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭ASTRACLUB

lad go any place and just call the staff that you need the dish with indian taste, i mean the way they give to indian.
    the SHALLIMAR restaurent is good in dublin and so as KHYBER TANDOORI
    i hope you are not planing to sue them

Advertisement