Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Trying to decide on an acting course.

• 01-09-2015 5:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭

I did a few courses in improv and few at the Gaiety school two years ago and would to start back again in the fall.

A few of my options are;

INTRODUCTION TO DRAMA at the Gaiety - Was fun and wouldn't mind doing it again but may feel repetitive.

STAND UP COMEDY at the Gaiety - Could be fun and challenging, but I'd prefer to work with other people rather than stand alone.

Adult Drama for Fun at the Abbey - Could be fun but again may be repetitive.

Public Speaking for Non-Actors at the Abbey - Could be beneficial, but not so enjoyable.

THE UNTOLD STORY; PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT THROUGH DRAMA THERAPY at the Gaiety - May be fun but could get a bit cheesy and I may miss a few classes as the Fridays aren't always suitable.

LONG FORM IMPROVISATION at the Gaiety - May give me a chance to get back into improv and practice with that.

I did try the ongoing 'NoDrama' group two years ago, but found it a bit hard for new people. So I figured I'd be better off with beginners level courses.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭mylefttesticle

Terry McMahon does acting classes every few months in the lab on foley street really enjoyable and can be challenging plus it gets terrific actors going to it. just google Terry McMahon acting classes Dublin.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

I teach improv and many of my past and present students include actors who speak about how improv arms them with a tool that gives greater depth to their acting ability and character creation.

Interesting comment about No Drama. I set up that group but parted company years ago. One of the group's founding principals when I was running it was how welcome and open it was to new people. Shame to hear your recent experience was different

Advertisement