Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Wild Camping

• 29-04-2010 8:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭

Thinking of going to the Achill Islands this weekend does any one know any good wild camping spots.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Pishogue

Hi Skip, I've not been that far west, so can't advise. I'd imagine it would be very safe camping over there though. Enjoy.....and let us know how you get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭jinghong

head to keel bay, right at the end of the island, keep going till you run out of road
    lovely spot, some great hill walking to be done along massive cliffs to get the adrenaline going too

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭demoreino

hi skippyman,
    I go to Achill a lot.it really is a beautiful place.
    as already mentioned, keel bay which is about 10/12 miles past the town/village of Achill is lovely.huge beach,great waves,excellent new (free)
    playground,pub and shops accross the road.
    You will see Keel campsite on your left hand side,this is where i usually stay.
    just past the campsite i have seen plenty of wild campers.Id imagine its very safe there.
    if you continue on past Keel as far as Kim bay (Keem bay)???there is plenty
    of vans parked there overnight.this is quieter and more remote.
    Be prepared for the drive of your life as you approach the bay over the cliffs,
    and one of the most beautiful views in the country.
    Well,well worth the drive.

Kevin. www.iwmotorhomes.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Bekkaboo89

Hi all,

Im planning on heading to Achill for a surf and a reunion with some old college friends. We are after a campsite thats not going to shut us down for staying up late and having a few beers. Would such place exist or would a holiday home be best?

Thanks,
    Bek

• Registered Users Posts: 11,191 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Went with the T25 vw crowd a few years ago. Stayed at the Silver Strand campground. Was ok, you could have a campfire and sit around with beers and no one minded.

• Advertisement
Advertisement