Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Looking for an electric...

• 30-01-2005 11:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭

Hello there, I was wondering if you could suggest some nice electric guitars. I have a terrible Yamaha ERG121 and would like to sell it and buy a decent model. (Not straight away, I'm just thinking about it.)
    I am looking for a quality guitar which wont need a set-up (ie the action is good, and nothing needs to be fixed-I'm very lazy and aren't THAT good with that sort of thing!) and is playable straight from the box. Asides from that (which isn't VERY important), I want something under €300 but if I can't get one for €300 I suppose I'll have to raise my price range. I'm young so I can't afford much stuff. Could anyone suggest something? Should I go with a good ol' strat? I haven't been in the guitar shops these days so I dunno if you can get a quality strat for €300 (without being a squier).
    I'm sorry if this is a useless thread (I have googled and have yet found a suitable guitar) but any suggestions would be appreciated.
    Many thanks in advance,
    Linda

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

No you wont get a fender strat for that much. Your best bet is to check out the yamaha pacifica's imo. Way way better than squiers.
    this tele style one is pretty sweet for 300 or so...
    Check out the mid range Ibanez also. I've an rg and i love it. great guitars for around 500 or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭oneofakind32

If you buy a new guitar its going to need a set up once youve played it in for a few months

Advertisement