Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Jap Fenders?

• 28-12-2004 11:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭

Basically I'm thinking about getting a guitar in or around the €600 mark, something a bit different to my Les Paul. I've been looking at strats, teles and one or two Ibanez. I've been told by a couple of people that I should look at Jap Fenders, they seem great but how good are they? It looks like they are in the same price range as a Highway 1 Fenders but seem to be a hell of a lot better, how do they compare with standard US Fenders? I know one or two people from the boards have bought them from Ishibashi recently, and I have to say I'm very tempted. I've been looking at this one and trying to work out how much it would cost after shipping, vat and duty. Does anyone know how much they charge for shipping and do if they come with a case or gig bag?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

The general opinion is that they're at least as good as the US models. I think shipping was 120 yoyo's for the Doc's Jazz bass. No idea about cases or anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Duty is 4%, VAT is 21% and your shipping will be about €120. I got the 62 Jazz from them a while back and the duty came to €135. They come with a gig bag.

The quality is excellent, it really is. Built like a tank. The current MIA have more bells and whistles but I'll wager my Japanese bass will outlive my USA strat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭disgruntled

I eventually decided to go for it and ordered a 54 reissue strat and saved about €100 because I found a demo model in their U box . Their used section isnt the most user friendly but worth a look if you want to save a couple of quid. I still can't belive how reasonably priced the the CIJ stuff is. This one has an ash body, US CS fat 50 pickups, and a steel block trem all for a little over €650. I can't wait to get it now. Anyway here it is (click the image)
    16-310131100.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Purty. Nice one.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,816 ✭✭✭✭emmet02

Their used section isnt the most user friendly but worth a look if you want to save a couple of quid.

too right! 85 pages and when you use the Search feature you cant see pics!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

I bought a Silver Series Squier Strat back in 1990. The difference between the Squiers and the Silver Series Squiers, was basically that the Silver Series came out of a Japanese Fender factory.

If the Japanese Fenders are half as good as the Squier I have, then go for it. It's still my favourite guitar after all these years, over a Gibson ES335 and and Gibson Les Paul. It's lovely to play, stays in tune really well, it's been gigged, recorded with, bashed around, and has never given me any problems.

Kev.

well i'm trusting the opinions of the guys here on this, i believe them when they say he Japanese Fenders are as close and maybe better than the American ones, that's why my next guitar is gonna be this monster!
    tn90spl.jpg

(if anyone can find this exact model in the bargain basement yoke, could they tell me, much thanks involved!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭disgruntled

I had a quick look in the U box and all I could see was a 72 thinline tele. I found the best thing to do was to search in Japenese and the email Koichi and ask him about any of the ones your intrested in. Anyway here's some better pictures of that Tele special.

thanks for that, yeah i'm particularly interested in the finish of the one in my earlier post, it's pretty unique. So the one you posted isn't much good to me, Thanks very much all the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭daram

that tele is sweet looking. im gonna get one before you.

• Advertisement

NO!!

get one of the other Colours, i've been drooling over that guitar since August, that finish especially.

Advertisement