Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Question of Postgraduate offer

• 24-06-2015 6:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hey Folks,

A few months back I received a conditional offer for a Masters in UCC. The course requirement is a 2.1 however at the time I was expecting to finish with a 2.2. I spoke to the course director and was informed that I would be allowed in on a 2.2. given my relevant work experience and degree provided there were places on the course (The C/D was incredibly helpful in providing information).

Results for my University came out monday (Got the 2.2.) and in turn I uploaded my transcript to my pac account and emailed the relevant person in Grad Admissions.

Today I received an email that said

'Congratulations & Welcome to UCC 2015-2016 'CONDITIONAL OFFERS' '

The UCC Graduate Studies Office looks forward to welcoming you to University College Cork in September 2015.

· We are delighted to offer you a conditional offer.
    ·UCC students will be automatically updated on their offer once official results are out.
    ·Non-UCC students need to upload your final results to PAC

Below this it provided information about registration etc. stating "We’ve updated our Incoming Student website and will continue with updates over the summer months. It’s time to start thinking about some key factors for you as a postgraduate student.

I did not receive this email in April nor has my pac account been updated.

Given I received and accepted a conditional offer back in April (But the email today) does this mean I have been accepted into the course, but have to wait for the next/or final round offers? Or that I have to wait for approval from the Department?

I'm planning on calling the Grad office tomorrow morning but I was hoping some of you may be able to shed some light in the mean time.

Advertisement