Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fantasy Premier League: Pre-Season Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭WhatNowForUs?

What are the likely Chelsea midfield lineup for the first three weeks do people think

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Thatsfootball

Anyone taking a punt on Michu?

Also, who's going to be the shock player/team of the season dye reckon?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 MrWinner

Tevez is almost guarenteed to start up front with Aguero as we saw at the end of last season. He's also Man City's first choice penalty taker.

A £9.0 striker in a team that will be racking up goals again is a very good proposition. Also, his fitness is now on par with everyone else so we shouldn't see him come off the field after 60 mins unlike last year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Dietsquirt

mutley18 wrote: »
    Latest draft of my team, any tips or advice would be much appreciated!

GK: Hart, Federici

DEF: Lescott, Coloccini, Neil Taylor, Anton Ferdinand, Clark

MID: Hazard, Kagawa, Ramires, Fellaini, Noble

STR: Aguero, Torres, Pogrebnyak

Might change Fellaini to Pienaar but i think Fellaini will be playing a more attacking role this season, he done well towards the end of last season in that role.

City seem to be playing 3-5-3 in pre-season, i have Kompany and i think he's the only guaranteed starter if mancini plays that system in the premier league. Lescott could be an even bigger rotation risk if agger comes in. Kagawa & Hazard, both untested in england. I think people are jumoing in the hazard bandwagon coz of the chelsea double gameweek, this could be risky if dimatteo chooses to ease him in to the first team. Picking between nani/valencia,young & kagawa (scholes/giggs) is a fantasy football nightmare.

Ramires as well.. i think chelsea have something like 14 registered midfielders; will he always start?

Just my take

• Registered Users Posts: 6 MrWinner

Here is my team. My decisions were heavily influenced by the difficulty of the first 5 fixtures and the DGW. Numerous othr factors such as player values were considered- I believe that the likes of Allen, Sinclair, Torres, Suarez, and Tevez represent fantastic value and will probably increase in value. My defence is pretty solid and all are guarenteed starters without spending too much at all. Bale and Dempsey are absolute musts again- they are consistently high achievers and there's no evidence to suggest that they won't deliver again this season. Both have easy first 5 fixtures- expect plenty from these. Sinclair will improve again this season IMO dramatically and he represents fantastic value. Allen has just signed for Liverpool for £15. At 5.5 he is the bargain of the year on FF.

teambe.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Dietsquirt wrote: »
    City seem to be playing 3-5-3 in pre-season

Surely the other teams feel that this is unfair:p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,217 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Eathrin wrote: »

Joe Hart will be playing up front!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

Formation wrote: »
    Tevez is a complete gamble.

Someone in that price range that would be "the smart move" would be bent.
    MrWinner wrote: »
    Tevez is almost guarenteed to start up front with Aguero as we saw at the end of last season. He's also Man City's first choice penalty taker.

A £9.0 striker in a team that will be racking up goals again is a very good proposition. Also, his fitness is now on par with everyone else so we shouldn't see him come off the field after 60 mins unlike last year.

I tend to agree with Formation here. Tevez got back into the team last season when Balotelli got a 3 game ban.

If the rumours of Man City turning down a £40m bid for Balotelli from PSG are true, then its clear Mancini sees him as a key part of his squad. I can see Tevez and Balotelli splitting time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Hi all. I think I`ve settled on this but I`ve thought that a few times already.

GK:Al Habsi
    DF:Skrtel,Koscielny,Heitinga
    MF:Allen,De Guzman,Dempsey,Fellaini
    ST:Torres,Suarez,Aguero.

Any thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,596 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Hi all. I think I`ve settled on this but I`ve thought that a few times already.

GK:Al Habsi
    DF:Skrtel,Koscielny,Heitinga
    MF:Allen,De Guzman,Dempsey,Fellaini
    ST:Torres,Suarez,Aguero.

Any thoughts?

Seems you could have to DM type mids in there,Allen and Fellani,unlikely Allen will be deployed to far forward,Guessing that Gerrard will be the AM for Pool and Fellani likely to be held back for Everton now they have two decent CF's.

• Advertisement

Allen has just signed for Liverpool for £15. At 5.5 he is the bargain of the year on FF.

Will he really though?
    Allen's a nice passer and all but he doesn't chip in with the goals or many assists either. He kinda "assists the assist" if you get what I mean.
    However if he does show a burst of form he's a potential massive bargain!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭darego

anyone know how mcclean and michu have been doing in pre season?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

I have 5.5m too spend on a midfielder. Have Allen at the moment but also considering Gibson/Ireland/Dyer.

Also, if RVP leaves, Podolski would IMO be a good buy at 8.5m.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

Anyone know where Walters has been playing for Stoke in pre-season? Has he been up front?

Need to decide on a £6.5m midfielder, already have Pienaar.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭Fowler87

The Pog opened the scoring for Reading today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Dietsquirt

Eathrin wrote: »

hahahaa

**** sorry i meant 3-4-3

good spot!

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Steel Dog

Tevez is not Man Citys first choice penalty taker. Balotelli is their first choice penalty taker when he is on the pitch followed by Aguero. I presume Tevez would be next on the list making him 3rd choice penalty taker.

I agree Tevez is great value at £9.0 but I think Mancini sees Aguero as his main striker and Balotelli will have to get game time thus Tevez making way for him or even rotating with him. Also cant forget about Dzeko.

Is the Pog that good though??
    Graham seems to be flying at the minute, although it is pre-season, which usually counts for nothing once the big day comes!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shane732

City going with the 3 at the back option...... :eek::eek::eek:

And Tevez plays!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Shane732 wrote: »
    City going with the 3 at the back option...... :eek::eek::eek:

And Tevez plays!!!

Pantilimon, Savic, Kolarov, Kompany, Zabaleta, Milner, Yaya Toure, De Jong, Nasri, Tevez, Aguero

Doesn't look like 3 at the back to me?

Pantilimon
    Zabaleta - Savic - Kompany - Kolarov
    De Jong
    Milner - Yaya Toure
    Nasri
    Tevez - Aguero

Something like that I'm guessing?
    We will see soon enough I guess.

• Advertisement

T-b0n3 wrote: »
    Pantilimon, Savic, Kolarov, Kompany, Zabaleta, Milner, Yaya Toure, De Jong, Nasri, Tevez, Aguero

Doesn't look like 3 at the back to me?

Pantilimon
    Zabaleta - Savic - Kompany - Kolarov
    De Jong
    Milner - Yaya Toure
    Nasri
    Tevez - Aguero

Something like that I'm guessing?
    We will see soon enough I guess.

It was shown something like this on ITV (players may not in the correct position but that's the formation they showed)

Pantilimon
    Savic - Kompany - De Jong
    Zabaleta - Milner - Yaya Toure - Kolarov
    Nasri
    Tevez - Aguero

Tevez looks like the golfing has worked for Tevez....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Yea looks like it is three at the back, my apologies.

Savic - Kompany - Zab
    Milner
    Kolarov

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Formation

This game will answer 2 questions

Hazard or Mata?

Tevez a good ff option?

Zabeleta could be a good cheap option in city defence. Seems to have that full back slot now

Torres scores.....

Fowler87 wrote: »
    Zabeleta could be a good cheap option in city defence. Seems to have that full back slot now

Zabeleta is £6.0m only Lescott and Kompany are more expensive.

That formation has to be setup for Clichy going forward.

Edit: Ivanovic off - red card.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Brilliant finish from Torres. He wouldn't have scored that this time last year. His play has been far better as well. That header just before halftime was very good. Playing up top on his own and he cushioned the header wonderfully.

He could well be back to his best, but we've said that many times in the last few seasons only to be proven wrong.

Brilliant finish from Torres. He wouldn't have scored that this time last year. His play has been far better as well. That header just before halftime was very good. Playing up top on his own and he cushioned the header wonderfully.

He could well be back to his best, but we've said that many times in the last few seasons only to be proven wrong.
    It was the first touch that showed he's confident again. Another one to decide before the new season...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Fowler87 wrote: »
    It was the first touch that showed he's confident again. Another one to decide before the new season...

Especially with players of that quality playing behind him.

Advertisement