Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Wii U Pre-Launch Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Nollog

InTheTrees wrote: »
    Its fascinating to watch.

Personally I think Nintendo is charging down the Sega path to irrelevance. They seem to me to be completely out of touch with what consumers want.

Instead of finally updating a 2006 console into something usable for the modern era what do they do but come out with some kind of portable social media device?? Wtf??

So instead of standing on their strengths, they've decided its a clever thing to go up against the iphone/ipad and if you think that wasnt commercially suicidal enough they're also going to try and stick it to Facebook as far as I can tell.

Does anyone really have any doubts about how thats going to end?

Sad really.

I didn't realise there was an Irish Nintendoomed sect.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

/\/ollog wrote: »
    I didn't realise there was an Irish Nintendoomed sect.

You didnt huh?

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,959 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Well.... after that E3 presentation count me out. I'm not a graphics junkie but I already have a 360 & PS3...... I'm not going to fork out 400 quid for another current gen console. The best looking games on the system are already out on the 360/PS3. Disappointed

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

We do have the 'Round table' thing that is later today and the rest of the week to show new games for the system. But yeah, agreed, terrible showing off of a new system with new games.

Reggi said they were going to show 22 games in 1 hour, I dont think that was 22 games...

Tank! Tank! Tank! - No idea what this is
    Batman & Mass Effect 3 - New Editions but they are PORTS!!!
    Nintendoland - Wii Sports with added mario, zelda etc, ugh rubbish.
    NSMBU/3ds - more of the same sadly.
    Pikmin3 - Never really got into it back in the Gamecube/Wii eara
    ZombiU - Best thing of the whole damn conference!
    Lego City- Looks pretty funny must say
    Wii Fit U (sounds like a talking tshirt) - Way too much time spent on this rubbish. I imagine all Xbox/PS people switched off during or after that.

There are others but nothing I would be bothered with at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

All the games are here, but nothing extra of note
    http://e3.nintendo.com/games/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

Well...

MY fingers are still crossed for the launch.

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Everything announced so far

wiiugames.png

Not enough to convince me to buy day 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

Rumours: Apparently they held off on a 1st party title at the conference, and Retro's title....also didn't showcase Aliens as it wasn't fully ready...interesting if true. That could have really changed the conference!

also another rumour that something MAY happen on Friday, totally unconfirmed of course....:P

Virtual Console/WiiWare confirmed to be transferrable though:
    "digital game collections purchased over the Wii Virtual Console will also be transferable over to the Wii U" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,575 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Whats the deal with the launch window? Seem to be few enough games to be released then...
    Anyway, pikmin, batman, assassins creed, aliens, there seems to me to be a decent selection there. Not to mention mario.
    Any chance in the world we might see resi 6?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭DL Saint

No Zelda + No Mario Kart + No Smash Bros + No DK + No Starfox + No Metroid = No buy at launch :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,983 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

quite an impressive machine but no game's that interest me on release,I'd love to pick up one the states as I'm gonna be there in november,Is it region free?

you can transfer your virtual console games to wii u

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2012/06/you_can_transfer_wii_vc_games_to_wii_u

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2012/06/e3_2012_f_zero_is_coming_to_wii_u

F-Zero for wii u....kinda

was announced yesterday nintendoland will have a f zero mini game
    as i mentioned earlier in another forum it be a great pack in title for the system but i never buy it on its own as its novelty would ware off me after few mins

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

As someone said in the E3 Discussion thread, Nintendo Land, looks like fun, but I would never buy it as it would get boring really fast after a few goes. Hope they pack it in with the system otherwise, its not worth €50 or whatever the price of these games will be.

So all the 3DS games will be show at 2am tonight/tomorrow morning am I right?

As someone said in the E3 Discussion thread, Nintendo Land, looks like fun, but I would never buy it as it would get boring really fast after a few goes. Hope they pack it in with the system otherwise, its not worth €50 or whatever the price of these games will be.

So all the 3DS games will be show at 2am tonight/tomorrow morning am I right?

yup all 3ds games be announced at 2am

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I can't imagine that Nintendo Land would be anything BUT a pack in game tbh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

I've watched bits of the presentation, but missed the Nintendoland thing - what exactly is it??

EnterNow wrote: »
    I've watched bits of the presentation, but missed the Nintendoland thing - what exactly is it??

Basically a nintendo theme park game that you play selection of mini games raging from F-Zero racer to animal crossing chase mini game , You can walk around with your mii character and meet others online in the park .
    Its being developed by the animal crossing team.
    I am hearing things online its free , if it is that be cool pack in but if nintendo actually expect the core gamer to buy this they be sadly mistaken

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

God no, if its free then it might provide a casual distraction...but surely thats not something people would pay for?

I'm still hopeful that the new controller & console will somehow tie in together & create something really unique that caters for everyone...suppose we'll only know when we see it in the flesh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

I knew there would be something similar to NintendoLand, little mini games to get you used to the controls. I'm pretty sure it will be included.

It's like Wii Sports, came with the Wii, Wii Play came with the controller and Wii Sports resort came with Motion Plus. Just add on games to get you excited and add value to the product (I do marketing :P)

EnterNow wrote: »
    God no, if its free then it might provide a casual distraction...but surely thats not something people would pay for?

I'm still hopeful that the new controller & console will somehow tie in together & create something really unique that caters for everyone...suppose we'll only know when we see it in the flesh

I think nintendo way has always being making games for everyone , theres no doubt the wii u will cater to both casual and core gamer but whether or not that means one will be catered more than the other will remain to be seen.
    Launch games 99% of the time are just shovelware or ports , but people who buy launch usually are the nintendo gamers who buy for the games they know that come in the future .
    I have no problem nintendo catering for everyone , there should be games for everyone , only thing nintendo have lacked for while are the 3rd parties , as long they jump on board and support wii u then everyone be happy

• Registered Users Posts: 4,428 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I think I originally posted in this thread to say that I would wait a year after launch. The press conference didn't really alter that opinion. But I do love new gadgets so I know when the WiiU launches I will have the urge to go and buy it.

Of the launch games I can't wait to play NSMBWU. One of the very best gaming experiences this generation was playing the Wii version with three friends. The potential to grief people in Boost Mode sounds amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

even though i was not hugely wowed by the press conference yesterday i probably will. reviews pending i would be tempted by ZombiU (though last time ubisoft launched a shooter on nintendo system it was pants) and pikmin 3. maybe batman as i didnt get that yet(as long as it has the game of the year expansions) and could be tempted by mass effect though i wouldnt be able to transfer my character

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

I'l get one at launch if....

The console launches in black.
    ZombieU and Colonial Marines are well recieved and available day one.
    It retails for €300

Is that asking too much?

I'l get one at launch if....

The console launches in black.
    ZombieU and Colonial Marines are well recieved and available day one.
    It retails for €300

Is that asking too much?

Aliens is out February.
    It's been pushed back 2 years so yeah launch would be too much to ask there. :p
    The rest seems about right.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

€300 with Nintendo Land packed in would be the sweet spot personally, also it must be in black......The promo materials available from Nintendo's media site have images for both colours but the Black images are labelled Hardware1 whilst the White ones are labelled Hardware2, Black being listed first must means it's the primary option :P

Probably gonna get a lot of titles tbh....

Rayman Legends gameplay anyone?

http://ie.ign.com/videos/2012/06/06/rayman-legends-wii-u-developer-demo-e3-2012

The thing about some of these demos is that I would like to know what single player is like or even if it's available

• Advertisement

Nintendo president Satoru Iwata has told Bloomberg that Wii U will “likely be priced at more than 20,000 yen”. Roughly translated that’s around $250, so it’s likely that the system will retail in North America for $300 or more. Nintendo has already said that it won’t reveal pricing or a release date until a later date.
    http://mynintendonews.com/2012/06/07/satoru-iwata-reveals-minimum-wii-u-price/

Probably going for €300

Advertisement