Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[FPL] - Gameweek 31 - Transfers

• 25-03-2012 5:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭

Is it worth Selling Sess for Valencia? He has tough fixtures coming up and Valencia's price is only gonna go rise..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭carlcon

RB100 wrote: »
    Is it worth Selling Sess for Valencia? He has tough fixtures coming up and Valencia's price is only gonna go rise..

Probably. For every one goal Sess scores, Valencia will probably get 2 or 3 assists. That's a very basic way of looking at it, but I can't see Sess out-scoring Val between now and the end of the season, even with rotation.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,493 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Suarez out methinks, he had his few weeks. No real hurry to so though, so will hold off till later in the week

Would be nice for a mod to combine both transfer threads currently open. I don't remember anyone agreeing on having one thread to cover all transfer talk, so as far as I'm concerned, this is the "official" one.

I think this week's big question for me is who to replace Silva with, if at all. Mata is the only one that screams at me, but I'm not sure how reliable he is.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 MonaLisaSmile

Is Welbeck worth keeping? I have 8m to spend if I get rid of him.

I've been looking at Balotelli and Dzeko, but have no idea who will play. Zamora was another option I was considering.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Anyone keeping Ba until after the Liverpool game? I have this feeling that he'll run riot against them......but on the other hand Cisse is on form.(and 2.1 cheaper)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭Maggie McGaggie

Anyone know about Lescott. Brought him in 3 weeks ago because i was sick of Richards not playing but JL has yet to play for me and Richards has started all those games. Ridiculous.

Is Welbeck worth keeping? I have 8m to spend if I get rid of him.

I've been looking at Balotelli and Dzeko, but have no idea who will play. Zamora was another option I was considering.

Welbeck isn't a bad player to have for his price. I'd have him ahead of the other 3 you mentioned, anyway. Yakubu is always worth a look too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Anyone know about Lescott. Brought him in 3 weeks ago because i was sick of Richards not playing but JL has yet to play for me and Richards has started all those games. Ridiculous.

Injured. I was sure he was going to be back for the Chelsea game but he didn't make the bench. Thankfully Sigurdsson came off the bench cause of that then.

I'll wait another week before making a move. It's really sickening cause the four weeks before he got injured he had 4 CSs.

Also it's no coincidence that those CSs came when Kompany was alongside him. It might be an idea to check on the fitness of both of them before making a move. If the two are there then chances are high that City will keep a CS.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭RB100

Exact same happened to me! City players are so annoying to have

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shane732

carlcon wrote: »
    Would be nice for a mod to combine both transfer threads currently open. I don't remember anyone agreeing on having one thread to cover all transfer talk, so as far as I'm concerned, this is the "official" one.

I think this week's big question for me is who to replace Silva with, if at all. Mata is the only one that screams at me, but I'm not sure how reliable he is.

Mata might not be a bad choice. I had him earlier on in the season for a while and he did ok for me.

How close is Lescott to returning? Got rid of Kompany for him when Kompany got injured and the *u*ker has played since either! Having said that I haven't missed out on a whole lot of points from him.

Personally I've ditched Silva for Walcott this week.

Spurs have a nice enough run in so I might bring Ade in for Yak - it would sort out the issue with the funds I have burning a whole in my pocket at the moment.

Edit - I'd still have 1.9m in the bank.... I'd love another wildcard to help me spend the funds!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shane732

It's also moving to the point where taking a punt on someone like Sagna might not be the worst decision in the world.

[QUOTE=carlcon;

I think this week's big question for me is who to replace Silva with, if at all. Mata is the only one that screams at me, but I'm not sure how reliable he is.[/QUOTE]

For me not Mata, not reliable enough. Sess or Siggy if you don't have em already seem to be the ones to get.

Oh yea to get Val in I have to sell Jones. That would leave me with 5.0 left to spend on a defender. Still worth it?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Think I will take Enrique out of my squad after next week, too useless for his price

But I also will want Cisse for Pog after next week, so I might just stretch it out with Enrique that much longer, the annoying little fecker he is :(

Shane732 wrote: »
    Mata might not be a bad choice. I had him earlier on in the season for a while and he did ok for me.

Personally I've ditched Silva for Walcott this week.

Yeah Walcott seems the best "new" choice of all the top-end midfielders. I brought him in this week for Dempsey, which paid off nicely (presuming Dempsey doesn't score 2 against United), and am now as such short on midfield alternatives... Mata would very much just be a "best of the rest" purchase.
    For me not Mata, not reliable enough. Sess or Siggy if you don't have em already seem to be the ones to get.
    Yeah I don't particularly disagree with you about Mata. Like I said above, I just can't see anyone better.

I already have Sigurdsson, but I'm not so confident about bringing Sess in. He clearly has a lot of quality, but I don't fancy Sunderland too much over the next while. City, Spurs, and away to Everton doesn't look too appealing.
    Oh yea to get Val in I have to sell Jones. That would leave me with 5.0 left to spend on a defender. Still worth it?
    What other United players do you have? Really, you should be able to switch Jones for Evans to save up cash... unless you already have him and doubled up in defence? Caulker from Swansea comes to mind for cheap defenders... or Shotton.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 MonaLisaSmile

Welbeck isn't a bad player to have for his price. I'd have him ahead of the other 3 you mentioned, anyway. Yakubu is always worth a look too.

I'll keep Welbeck for next week since United are playing Blackburn then bring in Yakubu in that case.

What other United players do you have? Really, you should be able to switch Jones for Evans to save up cash... unless you already have him and doubled up in defence? Caulker from Swansea comes to mind for cheap defenders... or Shotton.

My other united player is Lindergaard. I got him in ages ago to free up funds when De Gea was out so cant get Evans unless I take a 4 point hit and sell Linder. Was thinking Swansea defender but have hard fixtures coming up...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

My other united player is Lindergaard. I got him in ages ago to free up funds when De Gea was out so cant get Evans unless I take a 4 point hit and sell Linder. Was thinking Swansea defender but have hard fixtures coming up...

I generally don't like point hits but that one is a no brainer imo. At this stage you need 3 United players that are playing 90 most games. Lindegaard is a waste in there. Get in Evans and Mignolet and you'll be alright I think. United have some fantastic fixtures coming up. Potential for a lot of clean sheet points.

Yeah any other dead-end keeper is fine if you're stuck (I have Sorensen still!) and can't afford a 4 point it, but Lindegaard is different because he's not just taking up the sub-keeper place, he's taking up 1/3 of your United options.

Due to his cheap price, Evans is currently one of the most necessary players in the whole game right now. He's probably the most likely clean-sheet magnet in the game at the moment.

Put it this way... it'll only take one clean sheet from Evans between now and the end of the season to make back that -4. In all likeliness, he'll get you at least 3 or 4 in the next 9 or so games... and that's aiming low.

Right feck it...there done!

Lindergaard --> Bogdan
    Jones --> Evans J
    Sessegnon --> Valencia

-4 point hit.. Hopefully this will start getting me points again cus I need em badly!!.. Thanks lads

Right feck it...there done!

Lindergaard --> Bogdan
    Jones --> Evans J
    Sessegnon --> Valencia

-4 point hit.. Hopefully this will start getting me points again cus I need em badly!!.. Thanks lads

OMG DUDE YOU'VE JUST TOTALLY RUINED YOUR TEAM.

(Just kidding) :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭DazzlerIE

Lots of knees jerking today, Cisse going up in price tonight!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭massdebater

I've been knee jerking today too. Had 2 free transfers so went with Williamson and Suarez out for Baines and Cisse (the good one). I had planned on keeping Suarez for a while but I wanted to try and get Baines and Verm into my defence for the next few weeks. BAE is out for Verm next week leaving me a back 3 of Verm, Baines & Jevans. Barring injuries, that should see me through til the end of the season.

I still have my wildcard but not sure when to use it. Pity I can't cash it in for points because I'm pretty happy with my squad and don't see any obvious changes that need to be made immediately. I'll be looking to get rid of Dempsey in a few weeks (possibly after the Bolton game). Walcott will likely be his replacement, unless Lollerpool start playing well and Gerrard impresses or one of the Bolton guys starts performing. Keeping an eye on Myachi (sp?) due to their fixtures and a DGW at some point. Bogdan will be replacing Sorenson too whenever I get a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Unsure as to get rid of Enrique or not. I brought him in on the basis that 'Pool would continue to be tight at the back but they've been rubbish.

Can see Newcastle scoring next week so possibly need to look into cashing in on him now.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

roryc wrote: »
    Unsure as to get rid of Enrique or not. I brought him in on the basis that 'Pool would continue to be tight at the back but they've been rubbish.

Can see Newcastle scoring next week so possibly need to look into cashing in on him now.

I bit the bullet last night and got rid of Enrique,they concede in virtually every game.In FF terms just one goal conceded and it's bye bye 4 points straight away.Liverpool can be relied on to concede at least one goal per game.Just look at Enrique's history.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

zerks wrote: »
    I bit the bullet last night and got rid of Enrique,they concede in virtually every game.In FF terms just one goal conceded and it's bye bye 4 points straight away.Liverpool can be relied on to concede at least one goal per game.Just look at Enrique's history.

Particularly with Carragher playing.

I'll be using my transfer this week to finally get rid of Sorensen I think. I'm giving Bale and Silva another week or so. Happy with defence and strikers at present.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Lemlin wrote: »
    Particularly with Carragher playing.

I'll be using my transfer this week to finally get rid of Sorensen I think. I'm giving Bale and Silva another week or so. Happy with defence and strikers at present.

Good timing on the Suarez transfer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

Yeah I got stung with Linders too...means for the last week or two I haven't been able to get a "3rd" united player in...namely Valencia. Ideally would like to do a straight swap Silva-> Valencia this week but going to have to get Lindergaard out too. So will probably do something similar to you for a 4 point hit depending on which united players perform well tonight

Lindergaard -> Bogdan
    Silva -> Valencia

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭Thanos

Think it may be time to ship out Bale, he does not seem to be in form right now and there are others who are (Walcott, Sigg, even Gerard....) Question is who has the best run to go along with their form......:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

I got rid of Bale a few weeks back and it's looking to be a good decision. I will keep him out of my team until Dempsey's good fixtures run out on GW33. Although actually, I will consider VDV instead of Bale. I'll base my decision on the next few spurs games.

I'm thinking of knee jerking Cisse into my squad for the Yak. The Yak is so unpredictable and the could either be a good or bad thing. I.e he could score a hat trick against united but he could also draw a blank against Bolton :o

Cisse nearly looks certain to enter my squad but I've no idea who to replace silva with :confused: It's between Walcott and Mata really. Also, I have dead weight in the team with Stephen Ireland, I think I'll replace him with Walters. He's on penalties and it looked like he was upfront again the last night? With jerome pushing out to the wing. Stoke have a very nice few weeks ahead of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭cunninstunt

Didnt make any transfers last week, decided to give bale and silva an extra week and it has back fired. Thinking of a straight swap between silva and valencia, have enough to get silva back in again if he comes back to form. Gonna keep bale as have had him from very early on and if I transfer now, I wont be able to afford him again.

Also have had Suarez since their double gameweek, he has done reasonable well but I think I will get rid this week, have 2 free transfers. Not sure on this one though as while Liverpool are not playing well Suarez appears to be doing ok, do people think it is worth bringing in Cisse for Suarez?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement