Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scrubs - Season 9 (US) [**Spoilers**]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I just got around to watching these, and I thought they were really boring! Nothing actually happened, The med students all drive me crazy and JD was pretty pointless. It totally ruined his goodbye.

And I kept finding myself saying "shouldn't Dr Cox be treating patients/Turk perfoming surgery"? They are the chiefs of their respective fields... I thought Dr Cox had too much admin work as it was...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭evil_seed

i was never as bored by a scrubs episode. it's like the cast know its muck. it feels like they are just going through the motions

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Youtube for anyone that wants to watch them.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

I thought the 3rd episode had its moments. Liked it better than the first two anyway.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ivan

First 2 episodes were pretty awful alright, 3rd episode was great though. Some nice lol moments and kept the balance of being soppy, emotional just right.

I still have a few problems though, it seems like they are playing JD up to be annoying,
    his feminine side is really getting ridiculous and his self-obsessed "Cox doesnt loove me anymore" is a little sad, even for the character. Though the reflexive yell at Cox patting Drew on the back was very funny

All in all, I like Female JD and even alot of the side characters, that will most likely become main characters when JD leaves the show, all seem to be entertaining enough.

A few strange things though, where is Carla? Is she coming back? Either that or they'll have to find some way to write her out of it without ever being in it?

And I like how they subtly changed the show to a spin-off instead of series 9 of scrubs. The little [Med School] thrown in at the end of the credits seems to be a dead give away that the show is just trying to use the Scrubs name and the desire of the few die-hard fans to get a 9th season out of the show, to warm them up to a new crowd.

All in all, I like the show and will continue to watch. It wont have much room for being crap, but I'll certainly give it enough rope to hang itself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

Ivan wrote: »
    A few strange things though, where is Carla? Is she coming back? Either that or they'll have to find some way to write her out of it without ever being in it?

Judy Reyes who played Carla was pretty adamant that she would not be coming back after season 8 so I don't think there's much chance we'll see her. Near the end of season 8 though, she announces that she is pregnant again so I think the whole reasoning of her not being in the show any longer (for the character) is that she now a full-time mom? Turk made a passing reference to her in the third episode but that's probably all we'll get...
    Ivan wrote: »
    And I like how they subtlety changed the show to a spin-off instead of series 9 of scrubs. The little [Med School] thrown in at the end of the credits seems to be a dead give away that the show is just trying to use the Scrubs name and the desire of the few die-hard fans to get a 9th season out of the show, to warm them up to a new crowd.

I actually saw this in the completely opposite way and posted about it last week... The "Med School" subtitle is barely there and very easy to miss - it seems ABC is very much trying to make the show register as season 9 of "classic" Scrubs, rather than a stand-alone spin-off (which I would be happier with). I mean, even J.D is in the credits?! Which makes no sense if he is just a guest star...

... and that's still my main problem with the current incarnation of the show. I've enjoyed parts of all 3 episodes so far, but they mostly have to do with J.D, Turk and Cox, not any of the newbies. And there really seems to be no transition at all so once Braff leaves (for good?), the show will most likely just fall apart...

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Actually liking season 9 to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

J-blk wrote: »
    Judy Reyes who played Carla was pretty adamant that she would not be coming back after season 8 so I don't think there's much chance we'll see her.

Thank God. She annoyed the hell out of me.

At least she stuck with it seemingly, unlike Zach "this-is-my-last-year-on-the-show-ever" Braff...

Really enjoyed the 4th episode. Think it was done well and the newbies seem to be finding their feet better. Good to have Kelso and Ted in it too...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,756 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Just imagine if this was the first season of Scrubs. It would be the worst show ever and never got past the pilot. It's really brutal now.

Good to have Kelso and Ted in it too...

It was nice to have a proper send-off for Ted, unlike the tiny cameo for the Janitor...

Still, even though the newbies got a bit more to do, the show is still very heavily relying on J.D as half the episode was about him and Turk again. And given that Turk and Cox are the only two old cast members that are full regulars, what exactly is Turk going to be doing without J.D? Practically everything they have given the character to do so far, revolves around J.D being there...

• Registered Users Posts: 43,758 ✭✭✭✭Basq

It's moderately funny.. hate the new theme song and Cole is the funniest of the newbies, though far from hilarious (the others are largely woeful and don't stand out in the slighest):

"God, you have so many rules. Get back, listen to you when you talk, stay out of your purse. Damn girl, quit playing games."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Episode 5 not too bad. First 5 minutes or so of episode 6 is good so far, great seeing Elliot again. :)

I thought when JD left the show would crumble, but it actually seems to be getting stronger... Liking the new characters, so hoping the show won't be cancelled after this season...

• Registered Users Posts: 43,758 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Cole is the by far the best new character though!

Couldn't give an arse about that Lucy one or Drew.

PS - anyone else notice they replaced JD with Lucy in the main titles to put the "Scrubs" x-ray up on screen?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,095 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

I watched the last 3 episodes last night and I though they were enjoyable. Turns out, I've been hating JD for the last few series rather than the series themselves. Who'd have known?

Not looking good for Scrubs getting renewed next season... The ABC execs aren't happy with how its performing - its only chance is if it will fit in to the 8pm comedy slot on Wednesdays before The Middle, Modern Family, and Cougar Town, but the network don't think it will do well there either...

Yup, Better Off Ted is struggling too... if they had to pick one for the Wednesday line-up, I'd rather they save Ted though, Scrubs has gone on long enough TBH...

I though JD was gone out of the show? This weeks episode he is back again :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭subtle_as

last night's ep was out of sync, think it was meant to be ep 5 of this season but was swapped with ep 9 for some reason. I didnt realise they had jumped so far into the future, Turk says his kids are in skool and JD and Elliot have been married for more than a year cos JD says that they had promised each other they wouldn't fight during their first year of marriage. it wasnt the worst ep really, nothin especially funny in ep but it was certainly watchable!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

are we supposed to like any of these people?

I like the security guards. New students not so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,137 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Mossy Monk wrote: »
    I like the security guards. New students not so much.

Really? I don't like the guards at all. A really poor way to try and fill the hole left by Janitor. They just don't have any connection to any of the characters.

I like Cole and Denise (I know she was in the last season, but she's still a new main character). Drew seems to just be doing an impression of Dr.Cox the whole time, and with Dr.Cox still in the show it seems unneccesary. Lucy.... I'm still unsure about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

anyone know when series is starting over here. And will RTE be sticking to a proper schedule this time after last seasons lark.

They just don't have any connection to any of the characters.

This may be why I like them because neither do I.

Hi. I'm Doctor Lesbian. I'll be your lesbian.

Great line

Thought the last two weeks have been weak episodes... don't see Scrubs being picked up for a tenth season anyway... So enjoy the last 3 episodes...

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭subtle_as

i can't see it being renewed either. this week's ep wasn't great. I noticed Turk's teeth seem very fake. must have got 'em done. they just didn't look rite! i guess when u notice stuff like that in an episode, it couldn't have been a great one!

• Advertisement

According to my very reliable source (Mr. Zack Braff himself) the show is no more... That's confirmation enough for me it ain't coming back...

Advertisement