Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's All Kicking Off Again - Fairview Crescent

12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,033 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

I have felt for a long time that large urban area dwellers seem to adopt a 'leave it to somebody else' attitude to these low lifes. I know that us country folk faced with the same situation would come together and 'persuade' these type to shall we say-relocate or face the consequences.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

Kess73 wrote: »
    The system, at national and at local level, does not give a damn about people like that old man.

But utter scum can get rehoused pretty easily and convicted rapists can get nice houses in Murroe when they make claims that bigger scumbags are threatening them. Great little country for screwing over ordinary folk in favour of scum criminals and White collar criminals.

What I don't understand is who voted for this? Who thinks it's a good idea? And if the answer is 'nobody', how the hell did we end up with this situation?? :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 chief justice 1

The system, at national and at local level, does not give a damn about people like that old man.

But utter scum can get rehoused pretty easily and convicted rapists can get nice houses in Murroe when they make claims that bigger scumbags are threatening them. Great little country for screwing over ordinary folk in favour of scum criminals and White collar criminals.
    When is this going to Stop in Limerick City that a "elderly poor old man can live in his home quietly in peace and not be Forced out of his Home by "Thugs this would not happend in "Afghanistan. When is this going to Stop its going on for "Years and "Years in limerick City ? I dont think this going on any where eles in ireland its just a limerick city thing and why is this? Limerick is now anti_social behaviour "Capital of ireland this has to stop now.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭xi

FACES DILEMMA AFTER FORCED TO FLEE HOUSE
    by maria hobbins LIMERICK POST saturday 30th july 2011
    system not fair, says eldery man
    It has emerged that tenants of City Council houses traumatised by terror at the hands of gangs who target their homes and the personal safety are not eligible to go on the housing waiting list again.
    They have no entitlement to be rehoused by the local authority.
    An elderly man who through sheer terror and no falt of his own was driven out of his home on one of the citys most notorious esates, is now barely managing to pay the rent for the private accommodation he secured in another area for months before he finaly fled his quailty of life rapidly deteriorated, and the Limerick Post has seen letters detailing the decline in his mental and physical health that where sent to the housing department in support of his appeal for alternative accommdation.
    Said a relative:"this man raised a family in the house wich he kept in immaculate condition.With is family all grown up and gone he just wanted to live quietly and get on with his life he never thought he be forced out by thugs and now with cuts in pay and reduced hours in his part-time job he is skint after paying the rent
    "The offcial line is that he left his council house of his own accord but thats not the case."
    "this man was driven out through sheer terror for his life and the result that he is being punished for doing so-that is wrong "
    speaking to the Limerick Post the man in question who dooes not wish to be named, said:
    "Where is the justice in rehousing those thugs which cause such misery to the good law abiding tenants in cases where court oders are served and they are rehoused they get rent supplement where is the justice in that they get good accommodation on provate esates -I and others subjected to the same vicious bullying as me are left to suffer the consequences."
    Cllr Pat Kennedy has called to be more hard-nosed with the perpetrators of anti-social behaviour activty, and he has recommended that the Garda commissioner should come to Limerick and see what is happeing here.

I thought social housing was for people who can not afford Mortgage/Rent this elderly guy clearly can pay his way, I too barely meet my monthly repayments should I feel entitled to somthing.

xi wrote: »
    I thought social housing was for people who can not afford Mortgage/Rent this elderly guy clearly can pay his way, I too barely meet my monthly repayments should I feel entitled to somthing.

this elderly man has just a part-time job what bank gives a mortgage to someone with a part-time job and is elderly?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

this elderly man has just a part-time job what bank gives a mortgage to someone with a part-time job and is elderly?
    Not as many as a few years ago, thank Christ.

My point was he can pay his way and has no need for social housing, what if we all decided we wanted social housing and spent all our earnings on ourselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,532 ✭✭✭adaminho

He was in a council house all his life, he moved into rented accomadation because he was hounded out of his house and wasn't entitled to go back on the housing list.

adaminho wrote: »
    He was in a council house all his life, he moved into rented accomadation because he was hounded out of his house and wasn't entitled to go back on the housing list.

Listen dont get me wrong what happend to these residents and especially this man was terrible.

Do you think because he was housed by the council and by extent the tax payer all his life he should be entitled to another house after proving he can afford rent?

Why did he not move out before the Hounding and let someone else unable to afford rent move in?

The age of entitlement...

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

I have felt for a long time that large urban area dwellers seem to adopt a 'leave it to somebody else' attitude to these low lifes. I know that us country folk faced with the same situation would come together and 'persuade' these type to shall we say-relocate or face the consequences.

Well the actions, or rather the continued actions of a certain family, who have had regular appearances in the papers, in the Fedamore/Carnane area pretty much says that the same "leave it to somebody else" attitude as you call it is alive and well in the county as well.

• Advertisement

Well the actions, or rather the continued actions of a certain family, who have had regular appearances in the papers, in the Fedamore/Carnane area pretty much says that the same "leave it to somebody else" attitude as you call it is alive and well in the county as well.

Maybe in Co Limerick but not in my neck of the woods.Mind you some of the methods used mightn't meet with the approval of the pinko leftie civil liberties crowd but so what.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Bank wouldn't give me a mortgage in the morning I'd say,been working since I was 15,currently working ridiculous hours for ****e money imo,.Just under a weeks wages for me goes on rent for a month.

House vacant in Fairview Cresent Garryowen any Takers ? The Evils are gone any takers ? Antisocial Behaviour Ireland Fairview Crescent Garryowen is by Far the Worst Hell Hole in The Repuplic of Eire Ireland Michael Collins Would turn in his Grave after Fighing The Brithish Crown and for 20 law abiding Families drove out of Their Homes by Just Two Scum Bag Families . R.I.P. Michael Collins

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Maybe in Co Limerick but not in my neck of the woods.Mind you some of the methods used mightn't meet with the approval of the pinko leftie civil liberties crowd but so what.

Tbh if it meant that ordinary folk were protected, and people got to leave normal lives as a result, the PC brigade could go fish.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭Villa05

Listen dont get me wrong what happend to these residents and especially this man was terrible.

Do you think because he was housed by the council and by extent the tax payer all his life he should be entitled to another house after proving he can afford rent?

Why did he not move out before the Hounding and let someone else unable to afford rent move in?

Correct me if I'm wrong but, Social housing is not free housing, you make a contribution which increases as the household income increases

Tax & Benefits have been used to keep property prices/rent high in this country. The system is there to benefit property owners not the occupiers, hence the reason this gentleman has little or nothing left after paying private rent

Do you see parallels with another disaster from our past? :mad:

Tbh if it meant that ordinary folk were protected, and people got to leave normal lives as a result, the PC brigade could go fish.

Now wer'e talking, the time for pussyfooting is well gone.If we do this right, we shouldn't have any hassle from the authotities, a nod and a wink will suffice.

• Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭bernardo mac

Now wer'e talking, the time for pussyfooting is well gone.If we do this right, we shouldn't have any hassle from the authotities, a nod and a wink will suffice.

And scumbag parasitical families should be Boycotted in every possible legal way!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

House vacant in Fairview Cresent Garryowen any Takers ? The Evils are gone any takers ? Antisocial Behaviour Ireland Fairview Crescent Garryowen is by Far the Worst Hell Hole in The Repuplic of Eire Ireland Michael Collins Would turn in his Grave after Fighing The Brithish Crown and for 20 law abiding Families drove out of Their Homes by Just Two Scum Bag Families . R.I.P. Michael Collins

I've read some nonsensical posts on boards, thats right up there with the best of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

I know, and a bird flew over my house the other day, have you seen my carpets? Bob marley wouldnt know what to make of them, I have a cousin named paul.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

^^That's a lie, his name is Steven.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,719 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Too right if he is getting 800 euro a month on the pension he can easily pay 750 to rent a private house, and that still leaves him the whopping 50 euro a month for all the food and medicine, gas and electricity he needs, thats 12 euro a week that would get you a bag of spuds and a chicken! What more do these people want from the state after spending their whole life working? to be able to live the remaining years in peace :eek:. Gggrrr sense of entitlement of some people

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

Let's face it, it would never have happened when the British were running the show, no those guys knew a thing or two about law and order. Proper justice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭tonyheaney

Let's face it, it would never have happened when the British were running the show, no those guys knew a thing or two about law and order. Proper justice.

no they would only shoot first and ask questions later, come on mate have you seen the crime in the UK?? come back to reality this world is going down the toilet there is no place perfect no place safe and no way out unless something is done to improve this world.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭Villa05

Too right if he is getting 800 euro a month on the pension he can easily pay 750 to rent a private house, and that still leaves him the whopping 50 euro a month for all the food and medicine, gas and electricity he needs, thats 12 euro a week that would get you a bag of spuds and a chicken! What more do these people want from the state after spending their whole life working? to be able to live the remaining years in peace :eek:. Gggrrr sense of entitlement of some people

Shame he was not in Bertie Aherns neighborhood, he may well have got a 650,000 pay off to move
    http://www.independent.ie/national-news/end-of-line-for-metro-as-euro25m-of-property-rented-out-2841519.html
    Eleven houses near Croke Park, close to the city centre, were bought two years ago, along with the Catholic Institute for the Deaf.

All the properties are in Drumcondra, the political heartland of former Fianna Fail Taoiseach Bertie Ahern, and were to be demolished to make way for the construction of a new Metro station.

Premium prices were paid even though the property market had

We really need to asses who the real enemies of the state are

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,831 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Mod note: I'm going to close this thread for a while. I'll review it tomorrow and see if it needs to be re-opened. The main issue at hand seems to have been dealt with, and then forgotten.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement