Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Remaining Relative Visa

• 14-01-2016 6:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭

Hey guys, just looking for a bit of advice. I have two brothers in Ireland that I'm not in contact with and 1 in Australia that I am. I am currently living in Ireland. Can I assume that, if I lodge a remaining relative visa they won't even entertain it because of the two brothers in Ireland even if I have no contact with them? TIA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭jackbhoy

Tbh, I wouldn't be optimistic. This visa is really designed for families/family groups who have emigrated here and want to bring a sole remaining parent/relative to join them. I know a couple of people who successfully did it, but in both cases it was to bring an elderly parent after their partner had passed away.

One of my mates just did it to bring his dad from China. He had to give very detailed info and assurances on him financially supporting his dad once he arrives. Not sure how this would work with a sibling.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

As Jackbhoy says I wouldn't hold your breath as it could be a long wait, last remaining means just that. Even if both your estranged brothers died tomorrow it probably wouldn't make any difference.

According to the waiting times on the website.
    Based on current Planning Levels and the allocation of the majority of the Other Family places to the Carer visa category, it is currently estimated that Remaining Relative and Aged Dependent Relative visa applications that were lodged in 2014 and meet the criteria to be queued are likely to take approximately 50​ years to be released for final processing (calculated from 14 August 2014).

https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Brin/Fami/Capping-and-queuing/Other-family-visa-queue

Advertisement