Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

yellow spots on tomato leaves

Options
  • 25-05-2012 9:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭

Hi

A friend gave me a few seedlings of cherry tomatoes, which have now grown quite high. They were doing very well indoors, and because the weather is so mild and sunny I put them outside on my balcony (south facing). Yesterday, as I watered them, I noticed a few of the bigger leaves had yellow spots and were quite limp. Is this a fungus? What can I do to get rid of it?

206303.JPG

Thanks!

p.s: is it true that it's best to water tomatoes in the morning rather than in the evening?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,729 ✭✭✭redser7

Can't really help on the diagnosis, there are so many things that can affect toms. But can I ask if you are watering them from above? Those look like splashes. If water is left on the leaves the sunlight shines through drops and magnifies the light and can cause scorch. Just a theory though. You should always water from below to avoid this. Ideally use a tray if the plant is in a pot. Little and often, they dont like to stand in water for long.
    Morning or evening are equally as good as far as I know. Idea is that the sun is not so hot and the water doesnt simply evaporate away.

Advertisement