Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Donegal - once again, the forgotten county

Options
  • 07-07-2014 4:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32,986 ✭✭✭✭

So the Ryan Tubridy 2FM Show is spending the week on the Wild Atlantic Way, a different place each of the 5 mornings.

http://www.failteireland.ie/Utility/Media-Centre/Tubridy-heads-off-on-Wild-Atlantic-Way-adventure.aspx

Its starting in Co. Sligo, then heading south.:rolleyes:

It would have been great if he had actually started closer to the northern end of it, rather than missing out all of Donegal.
    But then again, we are probably used to it by now.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 889 ✭✭✭opiniated

Its not surprising.
    I'm often surprised at popular visitor attractions further South.
    Call me biased, but more than a few of them aren't a patch on what Donegal has to offer.

We seem to be Irelands best kept secret.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Pique

Wtf?

That's absolutely inexcusable.

I'm not even from Donegal but I've lived here for nearly 15 years and to ignore it (and Mayo) in favour of Sligo (Strandhill, really? Cos Cian Egan lives nearby?) and Clare (Lahinch too, not even the Cliffs of Moher) is utter madness.

Mayo and Donegal, two of the biggest counties in the country, both on the WAW, and both ignored. Sure Galway and Kerry (both great coastlines, no doubt) need the promotion for tourism, lol.

And yet this is promoted by Failte Ireland?

The mind boggles!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,986 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I think a call into the show and ask Ryan the question, put him on the spot!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,283 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Some might say Donegal is the winner here, not having to put up with Tubridy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

salmocab wrote: »
    Some might say Donegal is the winner here, not having to put up with Tubridy.

Thanks for saving me some typing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,244 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

Morning Ireland are also doing a feature on the Wild Atlantic Way - started in Kerry yesterday, were in Clare today I think. They might finish up in Donegal on Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Redsoxfan wrote: »
    Morning Ireland are also doing a feature on the Wild Atlantic Way - started in Kerry yesterday, were in Clare today I think. They might finish up in Donegal on Friday.

Would that not piss of the Cork people too?

Doesn't it start there?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,244 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

danniemcq wrote: »
    Would that not piss of the Cork people too?

Doesn't it start there?

Maybe he didn't have a visa for Cork? I dunno, maybe he did start in Cork and I missed it.

Anyway, he'll be in Donegal next week. They usually do his spot after after 8am.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭323

Not very surprised, OP. Doubt Bord Fáilte or whatever they are called nowadays even know where Donegal is.

I did 6 years living in the US and regularly seen their TV adds on PBS. Seen something about Sligo once, which was the only time I seen them mention anywhere north of Dublin/Galway.

“Follow the trend lines, not the headlines,”

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Who honestly cares! We're better off without that whinging bag of bones wasting our time anyway. People know where Donegal is without the likes of him having to tell them about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,986 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Because it would be nice to get others to come visit and spend some money here?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

Morning Ireland were on Tory this morning. Fairly sure they were in Donegal yesterday too.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

dregin wrote: »
    Morning Ireland were on Tory this morning. Fairly sure they were in Donegal yesterday too.
    https://www.storehouse.co/stories/t5o4c-ireland-by-bike

He's spending 3 days in Donegal according to this.

Advertisement