Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Batman - Arkham Knight

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,477 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Wow, sounds brilliant except for the car. The Nolan one was my least favourite batmobile.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    I don't mind what they do for this to be honest, as long as its a change from City and Origins.

GTA: Gotham is what I am picturing at the moment.

Scarecrow as the main baddie? Well that could go the way of Black Mask and Deathstroke, and mean nothing, as least it won't be the Joker again, or will it.

It having Scarecrow could be a good way to have the Joker in it, in some sort of hallucination. I'd hope that Joker's death would have some sort of effect on Batman that plays into this ones plot.
    Hopefully the next gen can handle civilian NPCs. :pac:

Sure they could always add a loading screen every few metres.
    With the likes of GTA and Watchdogs etc having large cities with plenty of NPC's I'd be amazed if they took a cheap way out of it.

I'm desperately trying not to get over excited and imagine lots of outlandish hopes for this game that'll end up not being possible, but I just can't help it! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

humanji wrote: »
    It having Scarecrow could be a good way to have the Joker in it, in some sort of hallucination. I'd hope that Joker's death would have some sort of effect on Batman that plays into this ones plot.

That might be cool actually, as long as its not the main focus of the story. I'm sure Scarecrow isn't the main villain though, I'm sure they have something cool lined up, that we won't expect.

Edit: guessing its one of these, Hush/Ra's al Ghul/Red Hood Jason Todd as main villains.

I wouldn't be one bit surprised if they had an empty city, or city just with random thugs to beat up.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,259 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

How about we put in the Riddler and we can spend 15 min beating him up for being a royal pain in the ass in the previous two games?

It would be class if Red Hood Jason Todd was the main villain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,841 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

I don't mind what they do for this to be honest, as long as its a change from City and Origins.

GTA: Gotham is what I am picturing at the moment.

Scarecrow as the main baddie? Well that could go the way of Black Mask and Deathstroke, and mean nothing, as least it won't be the Joker again, or will it.
    I'm kinda excited about Scarecrow being the main villain. IMO he has the potential to be the most dangerous villain of all, simply because he can get into the deepest recesses of your mind, the places where you feel no-one can harm you.

Looks like Hush might be making a return!

hush-407x600.png

I'm kinda excited about Scarecrow being the main villain. IMO he has the potential to be the most dangerous villain of all, simply because he can get into the deepest recesses of your mind, the places where you feel no-one can harm you.

ya it would be class, but the main villains always appear to be red herrings.

City, Two Face was advertised as the main baddie, and it ended up being The Joker (and Ra's) again.

Origins, it was heavily advertised as Black Mask and Deathstroke, and both were barely in it, Joker and Bane were the main ones.

So I just expect Scarecrow to be another smoke screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

HUSH!

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaay.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭thomas anderson.

I bought an xbox especially to play the first game.

looks like ill have to do it again to play the last.

• Advertisement

Okay....I kinda take back my Batmobile comment :eek:

Series Finale as well, gonna end with a bang!

10003917_10153880452345694_253433936_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Looks like we should have a trailer soon.

I'd be surprised if it's in game but I've always loved the Batman trailers.

Edit: Here we go

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2014/03/04/bak-debut-trailer-90348602352.aspx

Edit 2: That's better :P

Great trailer.

Was hoping to hear Batman speak, so we'd know if it was Kevin Conroy or that "rank amateur" that did the voice in Origins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Radiosonde

Hopefully the next gen can handle civilian NPCs. :pac:

There probably won't be civilian NPCs on the streets because Batman can't go around callously mowing down civilians...

...Or villains now that I think about it. Actually I don't know how they're going to get around that.

Oh My God that was brilliant

Can a kind Mod rename this thread to 'Batman: Arkham Knight' please?

batman_robin_headbanging.gif

Ah they cleared up the civilian NPC problem straight away as they all have to abandon the city at the start :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Radiosonde wrote:
    There probably won't be civilian NPCs on the streets because Batman can't go around callously mowing down civilians...

...Or villains now that I think about it. Actually I don't know how they're going to get around that.
    There's plenty of ways to get around it (I think it was Driver that had NPC's all those years ago, and when you drove at them, they all dove out of the way etc). Unfortunately, the Scarecrow's warning at the start of the video makes it fairly clear that the general public won't be in the game. :(

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,131 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Radiosonde wrote: »

They could just go he assassins creed route and have it be effectively be game over if you run a civ/villain over. Harder to do when there's a car I suppose but all they have to do is have them dive out of the way really, sure it might look silly but I'd take that over not having a living breathing city to play in.

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭abbir

Hopefully the next gen can handle civilian NPCs. pacman.gif

tok9 wrote: »

"Abandon the city"

That trailer is fantastic, there's an epic feel and sense of scope that the last two games have lacked. Really hope that the finished product is half as good as the trailer, as if it is the Batman fan inside me will be in heaven. I really do hope that this time we get to drive the Batmobile, imagine how much fun it would be to smash around Gotham in what appears to be a street legal tank.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,089 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Excellent trailer all right, doesn't tell us much or anything about the game itself but it's a good hype machine :pac:

I hope Gotham is a more gritty, noirish place as indicated in that trailer as opposed to the slightly more cartoonish version in City. Nothing suits a more brooding tone than Batman!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

Please let there be something like the chase scene form Begins. That could be brilliant if done right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

I really hope they make drastic changes with everything in the city outside of the story, it's getting old now and needs a fresh approach.

I loved the story in Origins but there was little else new or interesting.

I would nearly settle for a more linear and tighter story driven game over a bat mobile and soulless open city with the same old things to do in it.

.... and please no crappy multiplayer !!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,216 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I imagine Joker will be involved in this somehow. He's almost definitely still dead, but perhaps he helped set something up before he died or something. Given that this is the finale of the 4 games and he was the main baddie in all 3 so far, I can't imagine he'll be completely absent.

My main hope though is we see more of the Bat Family. Have Robin, Nightwing and Batgirl in the game. Probably not playable, but having a city-wide problem they're all trying to contain and crossing paths with them throughout would give it a more epic scale.

My main fear on the other hand is the Batmobile being too powerful and how they'll manage it gameplay-wise in terms of enemies in the street. It'll probably mostly be used for chase sections though and a lot of the city probably won't be accessible in the Batmobile.

Fantastic trailer though. Despite the disappointment that was Origins, I'm still looking forward to this.

I really don't think there will be green question marks all over the place this time. I'm sure they will have other collectibles and riddles but the city won't be a neon green, I hope anyway.

The Riddler collectibles are a complete farce at this stage.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,131 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

The Riddler collectibles are a complete farce at this stage.

They were grand in the first game, there was only about 75 of them. I started collecting them in City but when I looked up how many there were I immediately went to youtube and just watched he Riddler cut scenes instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,300 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

I literally only finished the main storyline in Origins last night, way too much filler so only finished with 32% done

• Registered Users Posts: 12,482 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Penn wrote: »
    My main hope though is we see more of the Bat Family. Have Robin, Nightwing and Batgirl in the game. Probably not playable, but having a city-wide problem they're all trying to contain and crossing paths with them throughout would give it a more epic scale.

Considering this is a squeal then Batgirl is already oracle and unless they gone the new 52 route she's still crippled, but Nightwing and Robin maybe.

I just want Jason Todd.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Just watched the trailer, there's no gameplay but it's a great trailer all the same, can't wait for this game.

Advertisement