Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Destiny (Bungie)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,545 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Anyone get into the alpha?

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭wexdevil

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    Anyone get into the alpha?
    Emails don't start going out until noon pst, so around 8 here

Apparently everyone who signed up will get access to it this weekend(codes will be going out in waves)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

just got my code for the alpha.........downloading... can't wait, the more I see of this game the more I love it...... Has so much potential...

damn no code here yet :(

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Battleflag

No code here either and I signed up as soon as they announced it in the conference!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,909 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

Got code, 6.7gb download, a few hours with my Internet connection. Should get a few games in after the football and before the NBA.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Benzino

Downloading now myself, 6.7 GB download, not so bad!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,890 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Just got email now. Download is going to take a while with my crappy 1.8mb broadband connection.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,472 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Just got my code as well, gonna download it later but doubt it will be done tonight.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,241 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Downloaded, but Brazil v Croatia takes priority.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,480 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Can't even get on now, redirects to another page on the site.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

F1ngers wrote: »
    Downloaded, but Brazil v Croatia takes priority.

Same as, PS4 on standby downloading now, signed up after the conference.....

Registered on Bungie.net the last 8 years, dunno of that makes a difference in getting the alpha quicker......

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭drake70

Fieldog wrote: »
    Registered on Bungie.net the last 8 years, dunno of that makes a difference in getting the alpha quicker......

Makes no difference, I only registered after receiving the code.

Also, servers unavailable currently.

Still no code for me. Kinda want it just so i can have it downloaded for tomorrow evening really

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

I really don't know what to make of it so far. Player the story mode for a while and then did multiplayer. Seems a bit slower than Halo, less hectic which may not be a bad thing. I guess this is only the Alpha though so who knows.

Was nice to see another player just appear in story mode though at the right time xD

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,127 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

So there's a standard enough competitive multiplayer set up then? are we talking twitchy COD style or closer to Halo?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

How many players does it support ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

It's close to Halo, very close really. You jump high and lots of things feel very similar.
    For the Alpha it's set up with a 6 v 6 match with 3 points to control.
    The strange thing is there seems to be ammo as opposed to other weapons on the map to pick up.
    I think I'll be picking this game up for sure though. I like the tight Haloish control.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,812 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Halo with an mmo style hub world. Really like the design, especially the enemies and menus

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

How many players does it support ?

6 v 6 in multi player.. loving it so far..

• Advertisement

I liked what I've played so far, only had a chance to get in one match in the crucible so hopefully I'll get to put in more time over the weekend to get a better idea of it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,427 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I didn't realise I had gotten a code last night, just noticed it now. Looking forward to trying it out tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

I'm rather confused now. I thought this was an MMO? I assume the 6v6 is more akin to your traditional MMO PvP Arena/Battleground (Similar to WoW, RIFT, GW2 etc.)?

Where does the MMO aspect come in then? Levels, Abiltiies, Open World. I recognize this is the Alpha but not having a next gen console means I get sweet F-A.

Is everyone who applied getting a code. Still no sign if one for me. Does it come from sony or bungie, hope it doesnt get redirected to spam

• Registered Users Posts: 29,472 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    Is everyone who applied getting a code. Still no sign if one for me. Does it come from sony or bungie, hope it doesnt get redirected to spam

It comes directly from Sony. Check around online, some people might have a spare code or just not using theirs.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Battleflag

What's really happening in Alpha...

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Just watched this and I have to say it got one of my eye brows up. It screams of Warframe to me and it is VERY good. I might give this a shot, but like always, it is somewhere in 2015, right?

Edit: This september? Wow.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Benzino

As somebody who thought this looked bland, dull and boring, I'm really enjoying it at the moment and it's day one purchase for me so far. As mentioned before, love the UI for the game!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

I got an Alpha code this morning and I didn't even apply for one:confused:. I applied for the Beta and got my place secured for that in July. Happy days, downloading this now and see which side of the fence I end up on with this because the gameplay vids looked so bland and lacking to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Not really interested in the standard MP modes, but whats the SP/Co-op like ? A lot of people seem to be comparing it to borderlands ?

I only realised recently that its not an actual MMO. Would have been cool if they had it like the traditional MMO with a couple of factions and instanced dungeons/events, could have been truely next gen material.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement