Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V5

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Daisies wrote: »
    Ya, I worked with some beauty therapists and they don't even think about it! But me, I find it strange. Esp when they get out the tweezers and start looking really closely! But nothing beats it, love the clean feeling after a wax

Nopey nope nope, I don't care how often they see everything, I will never get anything waxed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Well done tatum!

Just home from mine and I'm delighted with it.

Lycon rocks, only started wincing near the end.

Told ya it wouldn't hurt.

It amazes me that some places still use strip wax on the nether regions. It's just pure torture.

I'm having a smashy day. Smashed 2/3 plates this morning and then a bottle of smirnoff ice smashed in my boot.

Car smells like a dodgy nightclub now.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

what is the difference between lycon and strip wax? does it peel off painlessly or what

Good God hot tea down my cleavage, not nice!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Acoshla wrote: »

Is your mouth still not working?

• Advertisement

Kiera wrote: »
    Is your mouth still not working?

It's not, but this happened as an aside to the mouth thing. I was sulking that I'm hungry, boyfriend gave me tea and one cookie, I dipped the cookie in and it promptly broke and sank. I shouted for "Spoon!! Cookie Overboard!!", he brought me one, I fished it out...dropped it again and a plonk of tea hopped out and down my dress, lovely :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭HereticPrincess

I am forever doing that.. :rolleyes:
    The other day I dropped a full cup of tea into my lap, don't even know how.

/clumsy

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

bluewolf wrote: »
    what is the difference between lycon and strip wax? does it peel off painlessly or what

Lycon is a hot wax, so it opens the pores so the hair comes out easier, therefore it's less painless. All in theory!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

I am forever doing that.. :rolleyes:
    The other day I dropped a full cup of tea into my lap, don't even know how.

/clumsy

I was just pouring soup out of a pot for lunch and somehow flicked it with the spoon and got it all over my jumper and down my jeans. Messy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

It's not, but this happened as an aside to the mouth thing. I was sulking that I'm hungry, boyfriend gave me tea and one cookie, I dipped the cookie in and it promptly broke and sank. I shouted for "Spoon!! Cookie Overboard!!", he brought me one, I fished it out...dropped it again and a plonk of tea hopped out and down my dress, lovely :rolleyes:

You need minding while you're not well :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭Orla K

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    Hold on....are they saying....sex causes pregnancy?!

STOP THE PRESSES!!

It was a TD that said it! She was talking about scripture and sin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Well its not completely painless but you don't need to brace for impact when they pull it off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

I've been getting Brazilian waxed since I was about 18, don't even feel it anymore. I could have been lasered 10 times over with the money I've spent on it over the years, ah well!

Have to give a big shout-out to McAllister's fishmongers in Lucan. Fab shop, beautiful fish. Went in there to get a load of stuff - €53 worth, to be exact - and the owner's son gave it to me for 20 quid cause he used to work with my sister :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Orla K wrote: »
    lol, just heard someone on the radio say 'fornication is probably the single most likely cause for unwanted pregnancy'

Just to be pedantic about it - fornication means sex between people who aren't married (to one another).

So, technically she's probably factually accurate. Not that that means her actual argument should hold any weight, mind you!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

They can manipulate it to pull it in the right direction for the growth apparently.
    Well its not completely painless but you don't need to brace for impact when they pull it off.

Yeah, she didn't even have to get me to hold myself. It doesn't adhere to the skin as much as the strips do. Eyebrows are looking smashing too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

tatumkelly wrote: »
    Ok so.... I was wearing size 24 jeans last May :o (don't judge!)

This morning I bought a pair of size 10 skinny jeans :D

There was a little breathing in needed, but who cares, jeans always stretch a bit

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Edit: Just in case you didn't pick up on it, I'm seriously seriously excited and smiley now :-)

Thats brilliant. I know how hard it is, ive droped form a 14/16 to a size 12, Ive been the same weight for a month and cant get bellow it. I threw out all my size 14s and 16's yesterday - they are going to someplace in africa, they were all (3 black bags full) collected at 8am this morning...

I want to stay a size 12 but could do with losing another 9 pounds.... I have no desires to be a 10 or 8 but i dont want to see another 14 ever again....

Nopey nope nope, I don't care how often they see everything, I will never get anything waxed!

Im with you on that,

I did my underarms with the DIY wax strips from veet, the holes left beind were massive (the roots must have been at least 5mm deep) and most of the pores bled or contained blood.... It hurt like hell....

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭Tea-a-Maria

I had an interview this morning,and I know they'll be getting back to people today.I'm too nervous to study and exams are in 2 weeks!Fuuuuu..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

Tatumkelly, congrats on the weight loss!
    Fierce!

(Not sure if I can pull off "fierce").

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

tatumkelly wrote: »
    Ok so.... I was wearing size 24 jeans last May :o (don't judge!)

This morning I bought a pair of size 10 skinny jeans :D

There was a little breathing in needed, but who cares, jeans always stretch a bit

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Edit: Just in case you didn't pick up on it, I'm seriously seriously excited and smiley now :-)

That's one hell of an achievement, fair play to you! :D You've inspired me to keep going. :D I'm a 16/18 now, would like to get to around a 10/12. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭Orla K

Just to be pedantic about it - fornication means sex between people who aren't married (to one another).

So, technically she's probably factually accurate. Not that that means her actual argument should hold any weight, mind you!

Yeah but it still seems like an incredibly stupid thing to say.

I haven't stayed in contact with anybody I met abroad except for one friend. We didn't see each other for nearly 4 years before we met up last October in Rome, she just emailed to say she's coming here in two months time for 3 days, I might be able to go over to Canada in September and she'll be back for my wedding next year, yay! I love her dedication, we can go months without talking, years without seeing each other, but when we chat or meet up it's like it's a week since we saw each other. :) I have very few close friends (I'm happy that way) and it's nice to know the ones I have are awesome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

I did my underarms with the DIY wax strips from veet, the holes left beind were massive (the roots must have been at least 5mm deep) and most of the pores bled or contained blood.... It hurt like hell....

Waxing yourself anywhere is a recipe for disaster; it's almost impossible not to hesitate when taking the strip off and hesitating/removing the strip too slowly will cause a lot of bruising, as you discovered.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Im with you on that,

There is no way I or anyone else is ever going near my underarms with wax ever. Fact. EVER.

Bikini line ones at home are useless as well. I think next time I'll try getting drunk first :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

I let my beautician friend wax my underarms for practice before. I ended up laughing the whole way through because it was so ticklish, she was worried that she would hurt me so I guess it's a preferable reaction :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Today has been a stressful day. Didn't get paid for a yet unknown reason. Driving around in my poor car with my petrol light on, trying to locate a manager to find out why. €3 in my current account. Eventually I decide my car can't take it anymore, so I transferred a tenner from my savings account and got petrol. The bloody light didn't even go off. I just wanted to cry right there.

Then the heater knob thing got stuck and wouldn't turn from cold to hot. I felt like driving home and just getting back into bed.

Sat waiting for 2 hours to speak to a manager after another member of staff told me that he was with someone and I could go in when that person came out. I became inpatient after watching the news, an episode of Home and Away and an episode of Neighbours. I asked would someone just knock on his door and let him know I was there. Lo and behold, he isn't even in. So I'd sat waiting for nothing.

It'd be grand if I had nothing to do today but I have an exam on Monday that I needed to study for. And I totally was going to study today, okay?!

My friendboy is gonna make me nachos 'cause they fix all in the world. (I have to call him friendboy 'cause he's not officially a boyfriend!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭Sar_Bear

Feeling so down today :( No reason, no cause. Hate when this happens, really need to go back to my doctor about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Novella wrote:

Sat waiting for 2 hours to speak to a manager after another member of staff told me that he was with someone and I could go in when that person came out. I became inpatient after watching the news, an episode of Home and Away and an episode of Neighbours. I asked would someone just knock on his door and let him know I was there. Lo and behold, he isn't even in. So I'd sat waiting for nothing.

It'd be grand if I had nothing to do today but I have an exam on Monday that I needed to study for. And I totally was going to study today, okay?!

My friendboy is gonna make me nachos 'cause they fix all in the world. (I have to call him friendboy 'cause he's not officially a boyfriend!)

What a rubbish day!! Make sure he puts extra cheese on the nachos, you deserve it!

There is no way I or anyone else is ever going near my underarms with wax ever. Fact. EVER.

Bikini line ones at home are useless as well. I think next time I'll try getting drunk first :pac:

LOL, i used veet cream (not wax) for the bikini line... Im lucky im not too hairy, i remember a beauty therapist telling me after a woman came in for her bikini wax that she had never seen someone so hairy, i was on work experience there, she said to charge her extra because there was so much hair :eek:

pays not to be a hairy mongoose......

• Advertisement

Job interview sorted for next week.

<happy dance>

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement