Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky Jobs

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Chuck_Norris

JBoyle4eva wrote: »
    Just an update, heard back today. Been invited to the second assessment next week. Happy days :)

Nice one. Delighted for ya man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭whirlpool

To any successful applicants, have any of you received your contracts yet?

whirlpool wrote: »
    To any successful applicants, have any of you received your contracts yet?

Have a start date, but no contract yet. The background check form was only sent off last Monday, and I was told that can take two weeks to get sorted.

What about yourself?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 tripper1963

Same as chuck norris have start date no contract as of yet

Exact same as you guys. I actually got a phone call yesterday (because I emailed them over the weekend with a question) and during the call I asked about my contract, and he basically said that they're swamped with paperwork and not to worry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 tripper1963

Thks whirlpool saves me phoning so was wondering was it a universal thing
    obviously out the door in HR setting up recruitment thanks !

Exact same as you guys. I actually got a phone call yesterday (because I emailed them over the weekend with a question) and during the call I asked about my contract, and he basically said that they're swamped with paperwork and not to worry.

Thanks for that.

I had spoken to them two weeks ago about something, and the place sounded manic.

I have been offered a job, with a start date, but no contract as yet. Not having heard anything back as regards the contact in almost two weeks. So that's when the paranoia kicked in!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,637 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Those that have been offered a contract the paper work will eventually arrive don't worry. As you can expect filling a call centre is a lot of admin especially for the HR people!

Those that have been offered a contract the paper work will eventually arrive don't worry. As you can expect filling a call centre is a lot of admin especially for the HR people!

Oh I know it's gonna come alright. As I said in my last post, just paranoia kicking in on my part. Any idea on a rough turnaround time in the background/ reference checks?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,637 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Presumably it's a 5 year check you guys are getting? It will really depend on the resources given to it. My own wasn't done until I was with sky a couple of months however that was a bit of time ago so I'd imagine everything is set up to get through the checks ASAP so they can get people started

• Advertisement

Presumably it's a 5 year check you guys are getting? It will really depend on the resources given to it. My own wasn't done until I was with sky a couple of months however that was a bit of time ago so I'd imagine everything is set up to get through the checks ASAP so they can get people started

Yeah, it's the 5 year check alright. I've no doubt they're anxious to get people started alright. It seems to be quite the production line of assessment procedures at the moment. Thanks for the info.

I received my contract by email, accepted it online, had to input some personal details online, and have now been asked to complete some online learning about Sky before my start date.

I'm curious as to what the venue itself will be like, for example will there be a gym, a canteen, etc. And the contract states there are three bank holidays for Sky, I wonder does this change the fact that we were told we would be getting nine bank holidays.

Anyway that stuff is trivial. I'm just curious. Anyway, I have been impressed with the hiring process so far. They seem to be a good company.

I received my contract by email, accepted it online, had to input some personal details online, and have now been asked to complete some online learning about Sky before my start date.

I'm curious as to what the venue itself will be like, for example will there be a gym, a canteen, etc. And the contract states there are three bank holidays for Sky, I wonder does this change the fact that we were told we would be getting nine bank holidays.

Anyway that stuff is trivial. I'm just curious. Anyway, I have been impressed with the hiring process so far. They seem to be a good company.

I would take it to mean that you're guarantee those three days off, and you'll get time off in lieu if you're working a bank holiday.

I may well be wrong, but I don't think there's a gym there.

When's your start date?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

I've told Chuck_Norris, but forgot to mention I was successful in the second assessment. Got the email the day after, just waiting on a start date. They say they need to do a reference/background check, and I haven't told my part-time employer yet. Hopefully if Sky get in touch with them (I agreed on the form to let them contact my current employer) they won't be too shocked :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭tripper63

congratulations jboyle on recieving the good news welcome aboard should be great place to work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭statss

what sort of salary's are these jobs guys?

statss wrote: »
    what sort of salary's are these jobs guys?

Depends on what your role would be. Pay is alright, but there are some nice perks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭jmolloy

Glad to find this forum. I'm moving down to take up a sales advisor position and am getting excited now. Got contacted today about the Meet and Greet day so am looking more forward now as we are getting more and more info

jmolloy wrote: »
    Glad to find this forum. I'm moving down to take up a sales advisor position and am getting excited now. Got contacted today about the Meet and Greet day so am looking more forward now as we are getting more and more info

Welcome aboard! When's your start date?

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Ciaran219

Hey guys just found this forum too, I also got a customer service position but haven't received my contract or call about the meet and greet day? Has everyone else got this?

• Advertisement

Ciaran219 wrote: »
    Hey guys just found this forum too, I also got a customer service position but haven't received my contract or call about the meet and greet day? Has everyone else got this?

Have you been given your start date yet? I was all paranoia because I thought it was taking forever for my contract to arrive. But they're just completely up to their eyes getting everything set up. It'll come. Don't worry.

My start date is two weeks after the lads, and I haven't gotten a call inviting me to the meet & greet. I'd imagine there are going to be quite a few of these.

Have you been given your start date yet? I was all paranoia because I thought it was taking forever for my contract to arrive. But they're just completely up to their eyes getting everything set up. It'll come. Don't worry.

My start date is two weeks after the lads, and I haven't gotten a call inviting me to the meet & greet. I'd imagine there are going to be quite a few of these.

Yeah paranoid alright haha, starting date is the 22nd of this month. So getting close

Hi Ciaran well done on getting the job
    starting on 22nd as well
    the meet and greet nights i imagine will be
    over several weeks to incorporate each start date

tripper63 wrote: »
    Hi Ciaran well done on getting the job
    starting on 22nd as well
    the meet and greet nights i imagine will be
    over several weeks to incorporate each start date

Thanks, I'm guessing you got a job too on that date yeah??

yeah service advisor the team leader rang to invite to an open night next wednesday i assume we are the first batch of guinea pigs

Congrats. Hopefully I get my call soon.

imagine it's on the way real soon with only 12 days to start date
    they are out the door in HR

Jebus, Am I the only one who's going into the Phone & Broadband Team??? Feckin Loner i am!!

Jebus, Am I the only one who's going into the Phone & Broadband Team??? Feckin Loner i am!!

Didn't know a broadband team was even their haha.. And I just renewed my eircom contract!! Dammit :(

• Advertisement

Ciaran219 wrote: »
    Didn't know a broadband team was even their haha.. And I just renewed my eircom contract!! Dammit :(

Kick in the stones alright. As you're possibly gonna be offered it as a perk. Well, the staff in the U.K. get it for free. So I would imagine/ assume that we'll be getting it as well.

Advertisement