Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Bangernomics car of the week/day - Part II

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

ppss wrote: »
    And to not only spam this Thread:

A timeless masterpiece from Ingolstadt:

View2-13684563.jpeg

Audi 80 Coupé

What a beautiful machine, I love them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

MidlandsM wrote: »
    I used to like 406's ......I'm fcuking sick of them now......sick of seeing them here....

Could be worse, you could own one where the windows only work when the revs are above 3k rm, the rev counter is your speedometer and the fans go off when the horn is blown...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,288 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

This thread makes me want to get off my arse and sell my Octavia

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭Sobanek

wonski wrote: »
    Why don't you just buy one of those then? Honestly - worst examples of bangeromics this week.
    Look at the front of the Golf, then at the Astra lovely red paintwork.
    Those alloys attached to 520...
    Everything about those cars is just wrong.

First of all, they're supposed to be "bangernomics". If you don't get the topic, I'd advise to create one that called "Luxobarge of the week/day".

It's obvious they're nothing special, but all have plenty of NCT on them and will surely do someone great as a daily driver. I won't buy one, because I've college fees I need to pay for, but if I did have the money, I'd buy the 520i.

Oh yeah, these alloys attached to the 520 are AC Schnitzer type 1.

Speaking of luxobarge:

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/3711749

1999 Audi A8, NCT 05/13, unfortunately no tax
    View2-13336678.jpeg
    €1,700

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/3880939

1996 BMW 730i V8, Tax & NCT!
    View2-14156444.jpeg
    €1,200 !!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Sobanek wrote: »
    First of all, they're supposed to be "bangernomics". If you don't get the topic, I'd advise to create one that called "Luxobarge of the week/day".

It's obvious they're nothing special, but all have plenty of NCT on them and will surely do someone great as a daily driver. I won't buy one, because I've college fees I need to pay for, but if I did have the money, I'd buy the 520i.

My comment was a bit harsh when i read it again. Leaving the beemer aside, as it is not that bad, both Golf and Astra looked rough in the pictures. And i know for a fact that most cars look even worse when you go to see them. I understand they are cheap, and don't expect miracles, but I didn't like the way they looked. My opinion really.

As for the BMW alloys i just didn't like how they look on this car, but it had nothing to do with the car. After looking at Golf and Astra, i became overcritical
    But now honestly - would you really drive that Astra?

• Advertisement

wonski wrote: »

My comment was a bit harsh when i read it again. Leaving the beemer aside, as it is not that bad, both Golf and Astra looked rough in the pictures. And i know for a fact that most cars look even worse when you go to see them. I understand they are cheap, and don't expect miracles, but I didn't like the way they looked. My opinion really.

As for the BMW alloys i just didn't like how they look on this car, but it had nothing to do with the car. After looking at Golf and Astra, i became overcritical
    But now honestly - would you really drive that Astra?

Well, I wouldn't but not because it's a POS, but because I prefer black... And BMW...

Something like this is the perfect car for me:

2mdghur.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10 pogiefallon

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

Lol at the miser on diesel re that merc. Not much nct left on the Celica but the 3sge engines are great.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

front wings look rotten on that merc, wonder what the chassis is like? you'd probably not get through next years nct. not that you'd care i suppose at that price.

• Advertisement

My one had rusty arches clad in chrome and a badly rusted bootlid, chassis and underneath was fine, bumper on that one needs a rivet or two though :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭brembo26

Got a 1999 manual C250TD with same test for the same price.

The 250d are woeful slow in a w124.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭brembo26

Found it in this thread too :cool: Engine is perfect but the bushings are goin one after another :(

RoverJames wrote: »
    Lol at the miser on diesel re that merc. Not much nct left on the Celica but the 3sge engines are great.

Miser it may not be, but it still gets about 36 mpg average, which is not bad, and it will still go for another million miles!

Miser it may not be..........

Well it was the miser claim I was loling at :)
    36mpg average (not likely for most unless most of the miles are cruising at sub motorway speeds), 2.5 motor tax and slow as feck makes them fairly unatractive tbh.

I had one as a daily driver 3 years back for a while and put a good few thousand miles up on it, savage comfy and a nice bus but no miser on diesel.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭breadmonster

2k- 01 BMW 325ci with 85k miles + new nct
    looks clean http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/3987740

View2-14663597.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

No mention of NCT, mileage, service history or tax....and requires a grand (at least) worth of work...this truly is the car for Irelands bravest/stupidest bangernomics driver/cheapskate/bargain hunter. http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/3975171

View2-14598693.jpeg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭akura

Something different,

03 Suzuki Carry €1200 NCT exempt

View2-14659919.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 22,002 ✭✭✭✭Esel

^ 18" wheels - why, just why? Must be like driving on solid tyres.

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,382 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Any bets the rx8s got compression issues

• Registered Users Posts: 22,002 ✭✭✭✭Esel

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Any bets the rx8s got compression issues
    Probably needs to be bored out at this stage. ;)

Not your ornery onager

Esel wrote: »
    ^ 18" wheels - why, just why? Must be like driving on solid tyres.

225 45 18s on the ZT, very comfy :)

Won't get any prizes for photography, but an 04 s40 with cream cows and nct for €2150 is pure bangeromics

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/3987815

03 stilo jtd multiwagon for €1,750

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/3987668

Chevrolet Kalos 06 for €2000

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/3987299

• Registered Users Posts: 24,146 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Are the Kalos *that* bad? From the detail in the ad you'd expect a higher price tag!

Sleepy wrote: »
    Are the Kalos *that* bad? From the detail in the ad you'd expect a higher price tag!

They're undesirable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭FortyMedals

Been following this post for over 6 weeks, im buying my first car, this thread has came up with great suggestions, i will end up making my own thread asking what a best 1st car would be, Insurance isn't exactly a problem but i don't want to spend over 1000€, i wouldnt exactly know a good deal if one was flat in front of my face.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement