Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Most Anticipated Games for 2014 ??

Options
  • 24-07-2014 6:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭

We are almost at the end of the dry summer and I am not up to scratch at what big titles are scheduled to be released in the next couple of months so I thought this be the perfect time to hear peoples most Anticipated games for 2014.

Alien Isolation:
    Alien-Isolation1.jpg

3 Strikes and you are out after the mediocre Aliens vs Predator and the Abysmal Colonel Marines what came out of e3 it seemed Aliens Isolation is the alien game done correctly , I am still skeptical but we see what is to come out of the end product.

The Evil Within:

Master Shinji Mikami The Evil Within , creator of my most beloved survival horror franchise Resident Evil aswell worked on Vanquish and Shadow of the Damned brings back what I hope to be Survival Horror back to its roots , no stupid sh!t like resident evil 6 was , this is up there in my top 3 most hyped games as I trust Shinji with my survival horror gaming heart.

Persona Q:

I am a massive fan of Persona franchise and Etrian Odyseey so both games mixed together is going to leave me with one big grin and alot of joy an laughter.

Bayonetta 2:

Platinum Games can do no wrong , this is going to be Bayorilliant

Smash Bros u:

Mario vs Megaman Vs Pac Man vs Sonic ?!?!?!?!??! this is what rivalry are for :D.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,480 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I don't think Allen isolation or evil within will be the brilliant games I'm hoping they'll be. No interest in destiny. Guess I'm looking forward nba 2k15, drive club, the crew, far cry 4 and new assassins creed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I am most excited for Asssassin's Creed Unity. Another game as good as AC:IV and I will be very happy.

I'd add another AC game here if they were ti announce a game for the PS3/360.

My second mist anticipated game is Pro Evolution Soccer 2015. The first one on the new generation if consoles. But deep down I know it will be another disappointment.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Far Cry 4 or Destiny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭McSasquatch II

Evolve and Civ: Beyond Earth are the big ones for me. Also cautiously looking forward to Shadow of Mordor - if they nail the mechanics, it could be good fun.

Oak76 wrote: »
    Civ: Beyond Earth

Oh yes, and this too very much

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,245 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Last of Us Remastered, a lame excuse for a release but I was primarily 360 last-gen and now on PS4 so looking forward to seeing what all the fuss is about

• Registered Users Posts: 12,303 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

well until it got put back it was The Witcher 3 so not too sure what I'm looking forward to now

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

After playing the Destiny beta last night I can definitely add this game to my list.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I dont even know. There is nothing that would make my go "jizz in my pants" this year. I guess the only game that I REALLY looking forward is Monster Hunter 4, but it is out early in 2015 for europe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 F7Z

All terrible. Wont be going near a game until MGS V The Phantom Pain

• Advertisement

F7Z wrote: »
    All terrible. Wont be going near a game until MGS V The Phantom Pain

Correct, all the games no-one has played yet (Alpha/Beta Access aside) are terrible. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

Destiny
    Sunset Overdrive
    Master Chief Collection

Arkham Knight would have been my most anticipated, stupid delays.

Quite looking forward to NHL 15, looks promising.

maximoose wrote: »
    Sunset Overdrive

I enjoyed the trailer, but I wonder will it offer enough to be enjoyable, "deep" and value for money (if it's coming as a full €50+ release)
    It looks fun, but is it just another Orcs Must Die type thing? I dunno :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

Enjoyable - Yes! I think it looks like it's gonna be cracking fun to play
    Depth and value for money - not so certain. Everything I've seen about it so far is keeping me interested though so I'm looking forward to it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Luthion

This year is looking incredibly uninspired and dull. Sequels, shooters and racers, and very little else.

About the only thing I have any vague interest in coming up near the end of the year is Dragon Age: Inquisition, and that's purely out of attachment to the franchise.

Luthion wrote: »
    This year is look incredibly uninspired and dull. Sequels, shooters and racers, and very little else.

I don't agree with this, and i'm not exactly swooning over any major games at the moment, although i have been throwing coquettish looks Destinys way.

"This Year" also includes the past, such as "New" entries like Watchdogs, which people were courting way back when.

It's best to "judge" a years worth of games at the end of the year when they've all been released, played, early-metacritic reviews ignored and review embargoes lifted.

There may not be much to excite you for the next 5 months but it's not necessarily any different from 2 or 5 years ago (Hype Flop Auto 5 aside)

There's surely be some crackers released around the end of the calendar year you'll enjoy, or it'll be a very barren x-mss :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Elite: Dangerous
    Darkest Dungeon
    Evolve
    Pillars of Eternity

More in this end of 2014 than in previous 2 years for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 F7Z

Cormac... wrote: »
    I don't agree with this, and i'm not exactly swooning over any major games at the moment, although i have been throwing coquettish looks Destinys way.

"This Year" also includes the past, such as "New" entries like Watchdogs, which people were courting way back when.

It's best to "judge" a years worth of games at the end of the year when they've all been released, played, early-metacritic reviews ignored and review embargoes lifted.

There may not be much to excite you for the next 5 months but it's not necessarily any different from 2 or 5 years ago (Hype Flop Auto 5 aside)

There's surely be some crackers released around the end of the calendar year you'll enjoy, or it'll be a very barren x-mss :pac:

Yeah, let's review the year so far: Titanhype, Hypedogs, Cashing-In's Creed DLC, Decent Souls II, MGS Ground Demos, more average but expensive DLC for mediocre games. Great year for games so far, and it's only going to get better with BESTINY HYPEHYPEHY... oh wait.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Yeah, let's review the year so far: Titanhype, Hypedogs, Cashing-In's Creed DLC, Decent Souls II, MGS Ground Demos, more average but expensive DLC for mediocre games. Great year for games so far, and it's only going to get better with BESTINY HYPEHYPEHY... oh wait.

Well that is why gaming industry is today really with AAA games , its why People are worshipping Indies so much

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,094 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

And what of the magnificently witty Jazzpunk? The impeccable multiplayer intensity of Towerfall Ascension? The bold innovation of Sportsfriends? The genuinely gorgeous, poetic world of Monument Valley? The perfection of Threes? The brilliant Resogun DLC that effectively gives an already superb game a whole new lease of life? Arguably the finest, most immaculately crafted Mario Kart to date? The inspired collision of Phoenix Wright and Professor Layton? The superb Transistor? The latest acclaimed and popular episodes of Kentucky Route Zero, Walking Dead, A Wolf among Us? Ys Memories of Celceta? Shovel Knight? Olli Olli? Broken Age? Scramkitty? The Banner Saga? Strider? Nidhogg? Wolfenstein?

You'll excuse me if I find a general dismissal of the year so far an unfair one. Not to mention many more promising games, big and small, on the horizon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

And what of the magnificently witty Jazzpunk? The impeccable multiplayer intensity of Towerfall Ascension? The bold innovation of Sportsfriends? The genuinely gorgeous, poetic world of Monument Valley? The perfection of Threes? The brilliant Resogun DLC that effectively gives an already superb game a whole new lease of life? Arguably the finest, most immaculately crafted Mario Kart to date? The inspired collision of Phoenix Wright and Professor Layton? The superb Transistor? The latest acclaimed and popular episodes of Kentucky Route Zero, Walking Dead, A Wolf among Us? Ys Memories of Celceta? Shovel Knight? Olli Olli? Broken Age? Scramkitty? The Banner Saga? Strider? Nidhogg? Wolfenstein?

You'll excuse me if I find a general dismissal of the year so far an unfair one. Not to mention many more promising games, big and small, on the horizon.
    Yup, throw Blek and Pivvot in there too imo. Hotline Miami 2, Rime, Counterspy and The Witness are also still to come.

As for upcoming AAA, the latest trailer for Lords of the Fallen has it firmly on my list now.

Personally though, Bayonetta 2 is the game I'm looking forward to the most. I'll even be picking up a WiiU for it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

Elite Dangerous.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Luthion

See, a lot of these I can agree on. I'm no hipster, but recently almost all that has interested me has been from the indie scene. But the question of the thread was what your most anticipated game is, not what your favourite already released games are. And this years holiday lineup is hideously dull.

Transistor is already up there as my game of the year so far. Season 2 of Walking Dead has really let me down, but I'll fully concede to the awesomeness that is The Wolf Among Us. Special shoutout also to a game that really dragged me in - Super Time Force. Get it, you won't regret it!

Strider was also a lovely surprise for me, being an old Sega Mega Drive kid who loved that series to pieces, but I'm fully aware that a lot of my attachment to the game is solely based on.

Bayonetta is one of my all time favourite games, but I'm not going to buy a new piece of hardware for one sequel that is more of the same, however good that sameness may be,

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

See, a lot of these I can agree on. I'm no hipster, but recently almost all that has interested me has been from the indie scene. But the question of the thread was what your most anticipated game is, not what your favourite already released games are. And this years holiday lineup is hideously dull.

Transistor is already up there as my game of the year so far. Season 2 of Walking Dead has really let me down, but I'll fully concede to the awesomeness that is The Wolf Among Us. Special shoutout also to a game that really dragged me in - Super Time Force. Get it, you won't regret it!

Strider was also a lovely surprise for me, being an old Sega Mega Drive kid who loved that series to pieces, but I'm fully aware that a lot of my attachment to the game is solely based on.

Bayonetta is one of my all time favourite games, but I'm not going to buy a new piece of hardware for one sequel that is more of the same, however good that sameness may be,

Pick it up for all of the other games that blow the ps4/xbox1 line ups outta the water then ;) I've played my WiiU more than i have my ps3 now and i only have it since mid june and ps3 since release, and ive more wii u games..

I look at the Ps4/xbox1 and I've alot to complain about, with the Wii U i have nothing but praise and i never had a Wii so im no fanboy, heck prior to ps3, playstation was my top console.

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭abbir

Captain Toad Treasure Tracker is my most anticipated game :)

I never played the original Strider on the Mega Drive but I've really enjoyed the new one.

Advertisement