Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

veg doing poorly

• 30-05-2011 2:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭

I set carrots, turnips, lettuce and spring onions approx 4 to 5 weeks ago and they are really doing very poorly. I was wondering what is causing this, could it be the weather we have being having in the last month, ie plenty of rain but no heat?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭napapa

I have my carrots and onions down about 10 weeks and they are flying! Cabbage and lettuce are doing well at all :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Most people I speak to growing outdoors have all complained that nothing has happened in May. Too cold and wet for most Veg to do anything.
    Polytunnels have produced well though and even then the doors have to be closed because it has been so cold!

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭mdfire

Yes I think it has been unseasonably cold in May. I have spuds and cabbage outside and lots of other stuff in a polytunnel. Stuff in the polytunnel thrived during April when it was sunny but has slowed down quite a bit during May. Spuds are ok outside but the cabbage is very slow. Warmer weather on the way though which should help.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭shawnee

Yes anything that wasn't established and growing before May has stood still. No heat. Will be fine in another week hopefully.:D

Advertisement