Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Carhome.ie

• 04-09-2007 3:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,380 ✭✭✭

Spotted this while browsing nixers.com, what do you all reckon, will it be a success or not? It costs €40 for up to 10kms and €5 for every 2km thereafter.

carhome.ie

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

in the uk they have scooterman... over here there was something similar a few years ago I remember. Seems a bit pricey though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,862 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

I hope it does - its a great idea - but from what I remember it was done before. I think insurance killed it.

Plus I wonder what would happen if the guy turned up and you'd an MX5 - you'd hardly get a sandwich in the boot of that never mind a moped.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,617 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

I'd prefer to leave my car safe overnight in a car park tbh.

Come back in for it the next day (when sobered up).

you could get the luas or a bus in and then get a taxi home for an all in price of what... €20

• Registered Users Posts: 22,002 ✭✭✭✭Esel

I'd prefer to leave my car safe overnight in a car park tbh.
    Which car park would that be now? :eek:

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭CarLover

I think it's a great idea...so long as the company doesn't employ muppets.

It's pricey but you can understand why. if they're clever they'll drop the price as demiand shoots up. I like the idea. Can't get a taxi for love nor money these days.

Alrigh man, I'm here to ehhh bring you home... where's your jammer.... jaysus yer wasted I'll get ya home in a minit just have to drop somethin off to anto on da way... alrigh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭Pep

I've heard of similair schemes in Canada. It seems like a good idea, especially if you live a good bit outside a town. I hope its a sucess and then it can move on to Cork and Limerick!

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭Raytown Rocks

Yeah this was on the Late late show years ago.
    As mentioned the Insurance was a nightmare.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭cbyrne

Is there not already a similiar service already in operation in Dublin, I'm sure I saw it advertised on one of those advertising spots above the urinals one night - mind you maybe I was too drunk.. or maybe it was some other city I seen it in.. but remember thinking at the time that the idea had been done but didn't work.

there was an episode of top gear where may and hammond done it for one night and gave people reviews of their cars, quite funny actually but I'd say you'd have to listen to some crap.. plus back seat drivers opinion on how you're driving *their* car...

• Advertisement
Advertisement