Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Looking for crankshaft pulley for Honda HR-V 2003

• 06-05-2014 10:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭

Have a Honda HR-V 2003. Need replacement crankshaft pulley. Mechanic was quoted €450 (inc VAT and delivery) for new part, if ordered from local Honda dealer who don't have it in stock so part would have to come from UK and would take about four days.

Since Honda stopped making this model in 2004, probably harder to find this part in a breaker yard.

Anyone know if I need to match exactly the same model and year? or if other years use same part?

I've submitted a parts request on partfinder.ie? I also tried searching on a few UK sites and have submitted requests there too. Would appreciate any comments on advisability of buying a used part vs new and how to locate part.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,103 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I give a few motor factors a shot, they may be able to source one for you. Alternatively try ringing Traynors up north, they are a large dismantlers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭leck

bazz26 wrote: »
    I give a few motor factors a shot, they may be able to source one for you. Alternatively try ringing Traynors up north, they are a large dismantlers.
    Thanks. Tried Traynors, no luck there. Had one response to inquiry at partfinder.ie - said part available at parts4cars.ie Red Cow, Naas Rd, Co Dublin. Their site shows they are dismantling 2000 Honda HR-V so presume part is from that and hopefully it would fit 2003 model and still have life in it. Will pass on info to mechanic and see if he wants me to order or if he would prefer to deal with them directly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Interslice

Try micks garage or mister auto. Got an OE quality one for my van for 130 instead of 230 in the main dealer. Better off with a new one rather than a second hand with these.

Interslice wrote: »
    Try micks garage or mister auto. Got an OE quality one for my van for 130 instead of 230 in the main dealer. Better off with a new one rather than a second hand with these.
    I just tried Micks Garage and Mister Auto. Neither of them have the part available.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭jayok

The D16 used in the HRV is pretty old school (uses a distributor and all!). I'm also pretty sure that it uses the same crank pulley as the 96-2000 1.6 Civics (non-VTI).

Part number for the HRV pulley is 13810-P2K-J01

Google that and you'll probably find a Civic equivalent.

• Advertisement

I've still had no luck finding this part. I think I've exhausted all the possibilities I could find in Ireland, including Traynors and Nixons in the north. I've exhausted myself too!

Thought I'd found the right part last week at a salvage yard outside Dublin. The crankshaft pulley comes in at least three versions for the HR-V -- the bore of hole in the middle can be either 22mm, 24mm or 28mm. I need the one that is 28mm. I asked the salvage yard to check this after they pulled the part. But it turned out that they used a tape instead of a calipers to measure and said that the hole was 28mm in diameter. It arrived yesterday and it turned out to be 24mm in diameter so won't work.

Since there is no part number marked on my part, it's tricky to match it up.

Could you get an engineering workshop to increase the bore of the pulley to 28mm?

jayok wrote: »
    Could you get an engineering workshop to increase the bore of the pulley to 28mm?
    It would probably be very tricky. Apart from that the one from the scrapyard shows some rust so not the good condition they claimed. Also, although the outer dimensions are the same, there are some other minor differences between the two parts visible to my untrained eye.

Hoping I don't have to suck it up and shell out EUR 450 for a new part from Honda.

On to ebay.co.uk. Get it from there? Way more breakers there.

jayok wrote: »
    The D16 used in the HRV is pretty old school (uses a distributor and all!). I'm also pretty sure that it uses the same crank pulley as the 96-2000 1.6 Civics (non-VTI).

Part number for the HRV pulley is 13810-P2K-J01

Google that and you'll probably find a Civic equivalent.
    I found the 13810-P2K-J01 on Amazon. But it's not the same as the one in my car. The one shown on Amazon appears to have a solid core, whereas in mine there is a hole all the way through. Also different number and arrangement of little holes near outside of wheel (not sure what they are for or if important but maybe for lining it up). Attaching two photos of mine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,380 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Have a read of this

http://www.hondasuv.com/members/archive/index.php/t-67770.html

You may have seen it already

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Have a read of this

http://www.hondasuv.com/members/archive/index.php/t-67770.html

You may have seen it already
    Yes, I did come across that in my searches. That was posted over year ago, it would have been nice if I could have gotten the part with 28mm core that didn't work for that person. But I did call that same salvage yard today and they were to get back to me with a photo of a part. They assured me that they were breaking more than one Honda HR-V. Since they charge £30 for postage to Ireland, I don't want to be sending that one back. They quoted me £108 in total including delivery and VAT.

I would like to post on http://www.hondasuv.com although it doesn't seem to be that active a site. I registered there yesterday or day before, but my membership has still not been approved so I can't post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 ricardocasey

Hi,

I have just joined this Boards.ie and am also in this same situation on trying to source a crankshaft pulley for a 2003 Honda HRV 4WD Automatic. Inside dimension must be 29mm I think as apposed to the 25mm one I got last week.

HELP !!!!! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Hi,

I have just joined this Boards.ie and am also in this same situation on trying to source a crankshaft pulley for a 2003 Honda HRV 4WD Automatic. Inside dimension must be 29mm I think as apposed to the 25mm one I got last week.

HELP !!!!! :(
    Good luck with your search. I ordered a used part, when it arrived it was the wrong size. When I returned it, I had to argue with them for a refund, they did finally refund for the part, but not for postage.

Then I ordered the part from a Honda dealership and had it installed by a local mechanic. Part came from UK. Car was off the road for a month at that stage so was relieved to finally have it done.

Advertisement