Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v2]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭Devildoll84

amdublin wrote: »
    And what ISSSSsss Tommy wearing??

One of his old satin shirts from the seventies methinks!:p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 735 ✭✭✭joydivision

Doesnt bob own a percentage of the pub ?
    Surely he should step in there .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

Judith and Doleras would be some pairing

Dolores #1 (the nice one) and Dolores #2 (the f*cking wagon)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭maurasmith50

Can someone tell me what Renee said the danger her daughter was in which is why she needs money? Must have lost my concentration during that bit of this thrilling drama :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭DramaQuee

They left full drinks and bottles of Bacardi breezers etc on the tables when Bob ran them?

Blackie's really a stalker, sneaking into every part of Judith's life, he's totally mad and obsessed, her shadow. (He has a lookalike doing the Chanel No. 5 ad.)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

If anyone wants to see Mrs Prendergast topless (Nicola's mother).

16 mins 9 secs

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

Very strange tonight that Bob didn't step in behind the bar earlier - he does still own a percentage of McCoys doesn't he?

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Tisserand

DramaQuee wrote: »
    They left full drinks and bottles of Bacardi breezers etc on the tables when Bob ran them?

Blackie's really a stalker, sneaking into every part of Judith's life, he's totally mad and obsessed, her shadow. (He has a lookalike doing the Chanel No. 5 ad.)
    Blackie like Brad Pitt???? Are you joking?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭DramaQuee

Frightening so (for Brad). Brad with that goatee and grey as a badger, and tiny. I probably just think I see Blackie everywhere....

Tisserand like Tisserman?

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Tisserand

DramaQuee wrote: »
    Frightening so (for Brad). Brad with that goatee and grey as a badger, and tiny. I probably just think I see Blackie everywhere....

Tisserand like Tisserman?
    #

Now that you say it, I can see the similarities. Think that the guy who plays Tommy in Love/Hate has a bit more of the Brad Pitt about him though, but all that for a different thread though.

• Advertisement

stephen missed the free drink hell be gutted yesterday shepard pie now this

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

nlgbbbblth wrote: »
    If anyone wants to see Mrs Prendergast topless (Nicola's mother).

16 mins 9 secs

Alarming heavy breathing in that scene

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭Devildoll84

deelite wrote: »
    Very strange tonight that Bob didn't step in behind the bar earlier - he does still own a percentage of McCoys doesn't he?

I thought that too. He was too busy giving Carol that awkward hug. For a second, I thought he was going to snog her!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,044 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Fair City has gone to the dogs since the psycho lady Lucy has gone

• Registered Users Posts: 10,699 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Caoimhe,

Please stop gurning.

This is NOT acting.

Thank you.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 735 ✭✭✭joydivision

Has anyone noticed how lukes body doesnt move . Its like he lost his body in an accident and got a mannequin attached to his head .

Has anyone noticed how lukes body doesnt move . Its like he lost his body in an accident and got a mannequin attached to his head .
    I think he has to concentrate so hard on disguising his real world accent that it comprmises his other boby movements.

This shows itself in his awkward movement, lack of blinking and monotone voice.

Fair City has gone to the dogs since the psycho lady Lucy has gone

Bring back Lucy :D

padd b1975 wrote: »
    Caoimhe,

Please stop gurning.

This is NOT acting.

Thank you.

Ditto Val! She's getting worse :mad:

Her default move is to gurn, scrape her chair off the floor and storm off

Edit: Caoimhe that is not Val.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭morebabies

Mmmm. Val is getting on my wick too, she seems to be all the time in panto mode, so much so that her relationship with Christy is not even a credible one. Hard to know is it because of the lines she is given.

As for Luke's weird acting, maybe he thinks those staring eyes and monotone voice are all part of creating the persona of this creepy stalker of the Dillon family. Maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

Did anyone notice Luke wiggling his nose in the scene in Vinos with him and Tommy. Tommy said " maybe i wouldn't have argued ". Then Luke stared at him and wiggled his nose. It looked like he was doing an impression of Samantha from Bewitched! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭rocky1813

Can someone tell me what Renee said the danger her daughter was in which is why she needs money? Must have lost my concentration during that bit of this thrilling drama :rolleyes:

Is Christy not her Dad - getting confused here. Why doesn't he help out if she's in such danger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭sffc

• Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

Have to agree with the comments about Val, she is a very annoying character. I thought that after a while all the head shaking and silly walks would stop but she really hasn't settled into the role at all. There is zero chemistry between herself and Christy and I wish he would finish with her. Val bears no resemblance to Christy's former women and he could do with a bit of glamour in his life. Her character can be bitchy and nasty and they are not qualities that Christy likes. So some on Christy, dump Val and move on.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

rocky1813 wrote: »
    Is Christy not her Dad - getting confused here. Why doesn't he help out if she's in such danger.

No. Renee had Heather very young and put her up for adoption. Dying to know what "danger" she is in too. I was expecting Christy to ask her when he met her on the street, you would think that would be the obvious thing to do :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭lucretiaborgia

rocky1813 wrote: »

No. She had the daughter Heather before she met and married Christy. She had a son and a daughter with Christ , so I suppose Heather would be Christys stepdaughter and a half sister to the other two.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

jos28 wrote: »
    Have to agree with the comments about Val, she is a very annoying character. I thought that after a while all the head shaking and silly walks would stop but she really hasn't settled into the role at all. There is zero chemistry between herself and Christy and I wish he would finish with her. Val bears no resemblance to Christy's former women and he could do with a bit of glamour in his life. Her character can be bitchy and nasty and they are not qualities that Christy likes. So some on Christy, dump Val and move on.

+1 on this, Val is closer to the Sr. Assumpta character in Fr. Ted than a Fair City character.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement