Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Boardscast - 29th June 2008

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Bard wrote: »
    Hmm... a different female moderator impersonated every week with the voice provided by one of monkeyfudge's nipples?

I can see that working, yeah... :)

Glad to see you're thinking outside the box!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I'm not getting my box out.

I'm not getting my box out.

If the public demand it....

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,268 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

nkay1985 wrote: »
    If the public demand it....

I think it's fair to say they won't...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,116 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

No need. My nipple has a comedy voice and can chat away as well.
    Ohh, which one? My left one sings show tunes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Any update on the stats MF?

I'm subbed on itunes, but listened via the website, as well as downloading the file :)

Think we got about 280 downloads overall yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

monkeyfudge, can we arrange a weekday night to do one in the next few weeks?

6th wrote: »
    monkeyfudge, can we arrange a weekday night to do one in the next few weeks?

It's looking like the next one may be recorded next Tuesday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

boo for tuesdays.

Boardeaux play on Tuesdays.

• Advertisement

Ok, just noticed the link in the previous page about stats :)

Here's my suggestions(probably already mentioned)

A set length, how about 45-60mins

Intro
    Who's on the boardscast, are they a mod, where do they hang out (more relevant if it's a guest.

A quick run down of what's coming up in the boardscast

Regular Sections
    • A review of any new forums, with information behind their approval, who the mods are, where to find it etc.
    • Quick focus on a random forum, where it is, typical content, what it's good for.
    • Around boards in 60 seconds, a quick review of what happened during the week, this can lead into a short discussion from the panel
    • Recent / Upcoming Boards Events
    • The top rated thread in Humour that week, optional voice impersonation of the poster
    • Music Showcase, either have someone play live, or grab a music clip from a band on boards, a bit of blurb about the band, upcoming gigs etc.
    • Maybe a quick update on boards stats once a month, how many new posters/threads etc.
    • Questions from boards members, a bit like the Agony Aunt/PI idea

Idea's from The Scientist were good too!

I think the whole is great, and there's a lot of feedback on this thread to put a little more structure.

Some constructive feedback would be to explain a little more if a topic comes from a slightly clique forums like Thunderdome / AH / BGRH / Mods.

Just to also get something moving on the awareness of the podcast, I think adding the podcast/mic icon to the homepage link would really help it standout.

As well as asking Vexorg to allow some banner ads run across the website (I can design these, or open it to forum members)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

It's looking like the next one may be recorded next Tuesday.

I'm away for a bit with no internet access <shock> so maybe justv a little extra podcast later in the month?

zAbbo wrote: »
    As well as asking Vexorg to allow some banner ads run across the website (I can design these, or open it to forum members)

Just finished off a banner ad just now actually.

Let's have a look :)

If you have any source files, forward them on.

I knew there was something else I was to add.

In the podcast thread/blog - include full links etc. to items discuss.

e.g link to Dudess's post etc.

I think it would help those listening to go and read up on what was being discussed.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Sorry monkeyfudge but theirs some moments in the podcast where you remind me of Fr. Purcell

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=TVMTODge_k0

:p again sorry but i just had to^^

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

actually can anyone find a clip of homer dress as a woman that monkeyfudge based the dudess impression on :D

Cremo wrote: »
    actually can anyone find a clip of homer dress as a woman that monkeyfudge based the dudess impression on :D

Oh.. I've got better than that... just sent her on a sig made from it. Lets see if she uses it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Oh.. I've got better than that... just sent her on a sig made from it. Lets see if she uses it.
    She did :D

Sherifu wrote: »
    She did :D

Brilliant.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Were you guys at a gangsta partee? What the hell?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Lookin forward to this, will listen tonight, was on holidays last week.

Funnily enough I was convinced DesF (saw pic in Know Your Nerds) was at the same hotel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Vegeta wrote: »
    Funnily enough I was convinced DesF (saw pic in Know Your Nerds) was at the same hotel.

Where were you?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

It looks like another review is up on iTunes

DesF wrote: »
    Where were you?

Lanzarote

So any news on the next one?

I was away last weekend and have been busy most weeknights.

We should be recording one this weekend though.

We've also taken on board a lot of the suggestions that have been made so hopefully the next one will be a good one.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Cool, looking forward to it!

Nice, looking forward to the next one

On a side note, this forum was not appearing for me under Sys during the earlier part of today. Its back now though so meh

• Advertisement

Excellent, am looking forward to it.

Advertisement