Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car not selling on Donedeal

124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Bell33

I had my car for sale on a well know site . Got a lot of calls .
    Just a word of warning . A couple came to view my car .
    Had a mechanic with them . That I didn't mind . As my car had all service history going with it .
    They took it for a drive came back 15 to 20 mins later
    And said they would call later as they loved my car .
    Drove my car to pick up my grandchild from school ten miles in to the drive my car started giving trouble .
    Call out the AA . They took my car to the local garage .
    Only to be told that the mechanic that had looked at my car .
    Had done damage it it .
    It has cost me €500 to have repaired .
    And don't know who the people are just a mob number .
    So just a word of warning . Watch everything that strangers do to your car .
    They leave and you are out of pocket . Beware .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,635 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

Mycroft H wrote: »
    Relevant if you don't mind the running costs. If I want a small diesel car, I'd like small running costs please.

Was kind of my point, TG only mentioned because it was, of course, a ridiculous example.

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭debabyjesus

Bell33 wrote: »
    Had a mechanic with them . That I didn't mind . As my car had all service history going with it .
    Drove my car to pick up my grandchild from school ten miles in to the drive my car started giving trouble .
    Had done damage it it .

Not sure how you know their mechanic damaged it..? And you let some randomers drive off in your car????

• Registered Users Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭dixiefly

Bell33 wrote: »
    Had done damage it it .

That shows that you have to be always on your guard. I wonder did they realise that they had done damage. It's the perils of seling privately, you want to give people a chance to check it but then there is a risk they will damage it.

Did you call their number and tell them that they damaged the car or was it a case of waiting to see if they were interested in it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Bell33

Yes a little silly of me .
    But their are a few trusting people still out there silly I know now .
    And I had my car for 8 years . And allways looked after and serviced by same guy . Who has been at his job for 30 years now .
    And trust him . He had no reason to lie to me .

• Advertisement

Question for OP, why did you not use Carzone?

We were lucky selling my fathers auto Tilda a few months ago. First(and only)to look at it bought it. Had a guy calling from abroad a month later when I had forgotten to take it down. Sounded fishy.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,575 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

If you think 636 is not excessive for road tax, you must earn to much:)
    a 2L 2008 is less than 200 per YEAR. Do the maths.

If you think €636 is a lot over a year, then I won't tell you what my current one costs per quarter! :p

Your 2012 may cost you less than €200 a year, but I'm pretty sure I paid a LOT less for mine than you did!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,059 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

dixiefly wrote: »
    Question for OP, why did you not use Carzone?

We were lucky selling my fathers auto Tilda a few months ago. First(and only)to look at it bought it. Had a guy calling from abroad a month later when I had forgotten to take it down. Sounded fishy.

Carzone is too expensive and mostly used by dealers. Unfortunately both carzone and donedeal have their fair share of scam merchants. Anyway the problem the OP has is not with where his/her car is being advertised.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

Kaiser2000 wrote: »
    If you think €636 is a lot over a year, then I won't tell you what my current one costs per quarter! :p

Your 2012 may cost you less than €200 a year, but I'm pretty sure I paid a LOT less for mine than you did!

Likewise kaiser, I wouldn't mention it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭christy02

Probably best not to take a pic of the boot, its ridiculously tiny.

Id be advertising the 100 odd bhp and 50mpg and honda reliability. Maybe tag it with names of cars that are searched most often to improve visibility. Picture of owners manual/service book/receipts/both keys. If you are very far north maybe say that you are willing to meet further south like sligo/cavan.

They are a nice car with a good engine so it should sell handy enough.
    Jesus don't do that. Nothing makes me go "next" than some d**khead that's tagged names of cars in the ad. Don't see how it even does anything as most normal users refine ads with the built in search engine. Also L@@k. What does that do?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭Sobanek

HONDA CIVIC FOR SALE
    (not type r, passat, bora a4, tdi)

bazz26 wrote: »
    Carzone is too expensive and mostly used by dealers. Unfortunately both carzone and donedeal have their fair share of scam merchants. Anyway the problem the OP has is not with where his/her car is being advertised.

I am not sure whether I agree with you there. My attitude when selling my father's car was to blitz it in as many outlets as possible at the one time as we didn't want to be left with the car on hand as the year changed. I know we were lucky in a sense but the cost of advertising on carzone was negligible compared to the cost and general hassle of having the car there for an extended period, as it was we managed to break a side window in it when mowing the grass with a pebble that flew out.

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭jcon1913

It's petrol do it's not like for like.
    This sort of advise is useless for the OP.
    If I need a diesel I won't want a cheaper petrol.
    Diesel cars second hand, are more expensive than the petrol versions.
    OP if you don't get any calls after a few weeks, then maybe drop your price a little and see how that goes.
    In the time it took to type that you could have looked up the cars for him.:pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 73,364 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

bazz26 wrote: »

Carzone is only €4.99 now

• Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Carzone is only €4.99 now

Really?? Must keep that in mind. I was trying to flog a car 4 years ago and put up pics on Carzone but never completed the ad. They rang me to see did I want to finish the ad but they wanted something like €70 :eek:. The car would have went into Auto Trader aswell iirc but it was a bit saucy when I was selling a car worth a grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭thecomedian

jcon1913 wrote: »
    In the time it took to type that you could have looked up the cars for him.:pac::pac::pac:

He isn't looking to buy a car, I gave him advice.
    If you want to help the OP fine but learn the difference between petrol and diesel first.

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Gazzmonkey

I don't see much wrong with the car, maybe a price drop is what's needed. My Civic only sold two weeks ago after two months on DoneDeal, sold from Donegal to a guy in Cork.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,794 ✭✭✭Jesus.

5 Grand for a 9 year old Civic?

Slash the price in half bro

• Registered Users Posts: 73,364 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I think yere being a bit harsh on the car. Its a 3 door tidy car in a good colour and a rare relatively small Diesel engine and not high mileage
    Its a little pricey but some of the prices suggested here are ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭nd

I remember posting this 02 civic diesel for 1100 euro in the bangernomics thread

http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/honda-civic/6326231

I think maybe 4k as an asking might be good, and take a bit less.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭jcon1913

He isn't looking to buy a car, I gave him advice.
    If you want to help the OP fine but learn the difference between petrol and diesel first.
    You have too much time on your hands ,my friend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 bca

it look like op sold the Honda .

bca wrote: »
    it look like op sold the Honda .

Not to me? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 bca

Not to me? :confused:

ok must some think wrong with my computer because when I click on the link it come back as Toyota :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

the_syco wrote: »
    To add to that, what's the rust on the bottom like? Last DL reg car I had (Honda Civic) was very rusty underneath due to the sea air. And thus I would never buy a DL car again. Seems this is a common enough problem with DL cars, that my engineer came across.

What a crock of ****, did you read what you wrote??? So the whole of donegal is coastal? What about every other county in Ireland with exception to the midlands? Would you not buy a car from any county with a coastline? Cars from donegal suffer no more or less from rust than any other car from any other county. Your 'engineer' is talking through his ass and is as ignorant as you are on these matters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Mister Jingles

jcon1913 wrote: »
    You have too much time on your hands ,my friend.

I pity people who use this phrase to put somebody down. Especially on an internet forum.

bca wrote: »
    ok must some think wrong with my computer because when I click on the link it come back as Toyota :confused:

You're right, I need to go to Specsavers.

Advertisement