Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Lyca

• 02-01-2015 7:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭

Anyone know what network Lyca operate on ? They have an unlimited bundle for €29 pm

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

They use the O2 network to provide signal in Ireland .

The unlimited data on that plan gives 1GB of 3G speed internet then once you reach 1GB of used data it will slow your speeds down to 2G speeds which would be EDGE although it is unlimited it would be really slow .

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭bodonnell

Thanks for info

• Registered Users Posts: 3 sarahnicl

Lycamobile says its package is unlimited but they cut me off for making too many calls!! I am helping to organise a Christmas fair for my kids' school and I've left with no phone because Lyca's unlimited bundle isn't really unlimited.
    Lyca T&Cs: A fair usage of 10000 minutes/SMS apply.
    This means 5.5hrs on the phone EVERY DAY. I certainly didn't go over this. PLUS they don't tell you when or why they've done it. You just discover that you can't make calls. When you call them, they still don't tell you what the problem is, they're just rude and unhelpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,381 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

They may divide out the minutes per day. Providers do this with data anyway.a bit rubbish if they do.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 sarahnicl

Even if they do divide out the minutes, that's 5.5 hours per day. There's no way that I used my phone this much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,164 ✭✭✭✭ED E

sarahnicl wrote: »
    Lycamobile says its package is unlimited

Do you have:
    Unlimited

Lycamobile Ireland calls & texts

or
    Unlimited

National minutes

Theres a big difference.

Advertisement