Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tonight With Vincent Browne Thread v2.0

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

that fg td is a headwrecker
    were not in an election campaign

• Registered Users Posts: 9,800 ✭✭✭take everything

He got "the vibesh".

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭beaver111

he like somebody on coke

• Registered Users Posts: 9,800 ✭✭✭take everything

Damien's blabbering reminds me a bit of Brad Pitt's character in Snatch

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

If de aul politics lark doesn't work out for Damien English he could always get the gig as the third D'Unbelievable

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭beaver111

how did he get the td job

• Registered Users Posts: 81,109 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

beaver111 wrote: »
    how did he get the td job

Probably runs in his family.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

Claire Daly is dangerously close to becoming part of the furniture in Irish TV and radio stations.

She's a younger lefty version of Mary O'Rourke. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

telekon wrote: »
    Claire Daly is dangerously close to becoming part of the furniture in Irish TV and radio stations. She's a younger lefty version of Mary O'Rourke. :(

Giving out about private businesses and people with private pensions.. Who does she think pay for all of the people on the dole and public servants who vote for her...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Cardinal Richelieu

Claire Daly is dangerously close to becoming part of the furniture in Irish TV and radio stations.

I am so glad I watched the Frontline. The Labour TD explain why she co-opted her Dad to her former council seat and not a woman if she is all for more women in politics?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,299 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

There is something about capital projects being mentioned; what is this all about?

My local former secondary school in Dublin got delayed for another 4 years after 12 years of planning to build it. It was an appalling decision to hold it back even more. The design team was in place a couple of months before construction.

Either if it is the planning laws or if it is the planners themselves. Both of them are becoming slower to address the core problems.

I watched the Frontline as well and I thought it was a great issue to discuss Local Government reform. The Councillor's who became TD's had asked favours to get the to ''keep the camp happy'' was not surprising by any means.

Giving out about private businesses and people with private pensions.. Who does she think pay for all of the people on the dole and public servants who vote for her...

But haven't you heard? The 'wealth tax' will pay for everything... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭Good loser

15+ questions for J Tuffy. One or so each for C Daly and M Taft just to get them started.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

I am really depressed about the of state of my beautiful country.

What country are you from ?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,453 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

She is getting very good at debating and has her facts well prepared.

I always get the feeling I'm gonna get headbutted or punched in the face whenever I hear Clare Daly speak.

Tuffy should go to a voice coach, its the way she talks so fast then the sudden sharp intake of air before she chokes.

Lapin wrote: »
    I always get the feeling I'm gonna get headbutted or punched in the face whenever I hear Clare Daly speak.

Only if you're rich...

Her facts just sound less ludicrous these days. "Its Trillions Vincent"

Every nights she's on the same old moaning and whinging about the hard pressed people on benefits and lower paid public servants... Both sacred cows in this time of austerity (i.e. no realistic cuts in benefits, no mandatory redundancies from public sector)... She such a negative whingebag that she makes Peig Saors seem optimistic..

• Advertisement

Every nights she's on the same old moaning and whinging about the hard pressed people on benefits and lower paid public servants... Both sacred cows in this time of austerity (i.e. no realistic cuts in benefits, no mandatory redundancies from public sector)... She such a negative whingebag that she makes Peig Saors seem optimistic..

Newbridge must have done bad things to her! So much doom and gloom:D

Newbridge must have done bad things to her! So much doom and gloom:D

I still cant work that one out... She doesnt sound like she's from Newbridge.. If you think her accent is bad, you'd wanna hear the Moorefield accent... And I heard the other day that Jim Power used to live in North Kildare... I may be packing my bags shortly..

I may be packing my bags shortly..

Head West. To the land of Presidents, Taoiseachs and Tainaistes. :)

Head West. To the land of Presidents, Taoiseachs and Tainaistes. :)

And Seoiges..

haha... I remember just about the time of the FG leadership challenge by Richard Bruton, Ryan Tubridy was interviewing Enda Kenny and pejoratively asked "What do you think will happen first, you becoming Taoiseach or Mayo winning the All Ireland?"... After the GAA at the weekend, Enda could get the opportunity to give Tubridy the two fingers on both accounts by the end of the year.. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 51,453 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Her facts just sound less ludicrous these days. "Its Trillions Vincent"

Maybe so. Reminds me of the "Vote Lisbon for Jobs" stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,154 ✭✭✭✭noodler

It really surprises and disappoints me that somebody could watch her on TV and really think she has a decent grasp of the numbers behind the points she makes.

noodler wrote: »
    It really surprises and disappoints me that somebody could watch her on TV and really think she has a decent grasp of the numbers behind the points she makes.

She was on with Moor MacDowall one night, on Prime Time, which is set up as more of a head to head debate style... And I was embarrassed for her.. One they go off their script with the usual "the rich must pay", "cuts hitting the poorest in society" mantras, there is no actual substance to her.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭D1stant

What you mean is her mantra is getting more fluid with all the practise

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

What country are you from ?

I was born in Ireland and have lived here all my life.

Why?

• Advertisement

I was born in Ireland and have lived here all my life.

Why?

Its just the way you said this ...
    I am really depressed about the of state of my beautiful country.

I thought you might have been from Syria,

or North Korea,

or Somalia.

Niger perhaps.

Or maybe the comically named Democratic Rebublic of Congo where people have been dying at a rate of 45,000 a month since the 1960s from wars, famine and disease.

Coming from there is worth getting depressed over.
    Ireland isn't.
    Píssed off - yes. ..............But depressed - hardly.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement