Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Egyptian man to fight a lion in direct combat

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭lastlaugh

This guy obviously has serious mental health issues. :(

I hope he is completely and utterly savagely torn apart and eaten by the Lion.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

I was telling my dad about this guy who was gonna fight a wild animal in egypt, is it a Rameses? No it's a lion i say. He can't believe it, he sphynx the guy is crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Dangerous Man

I hear Dana White is interested in this for UFC 136

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

Egypt pun.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

lastlaugh wrote: »

Err...

So you're feeling sad about him having serious mental health issues but you "hope he is completely and utterly savagely torn apart and eaten by the lion"?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Hello, Paddy Power? I would like to stake my house, my first borns immortal soul and the shirt on my back on Mr Leo the Lion.
    What a fúcking muppet, i like the bit where he says he's training minus the lion - that's a good technique. No point in being all chewed up for your big night i suppose!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

You're much too sensitive. The mentally ill deserve far worse than violent death surely?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭sensibleken

Err...

So you're feeling sad about him having serious mental health issues but you "hope he is completely and utterly savagely torn apart and eaten by the lion"?

quiet you. youll turn this into a serious thread :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Wossack wrote: »
    according to the interview - he's going to be unarmed :eek:

reckon its suicidal if thats the case
    Not really, a human can be incredibly dangerous up close, could easy choke the lion out or break limbs, gouge eyes, burst ear drums or tear gonads.

ScumLord wrote: »
    Not really, a human can be incredibly dangerous up close, could easy choke the lion out or break limbs, gouge eyes, burst ear drums or tear gonads.
    I'd agree. People here seem to be forgetting that humans are the world's best predators. For differences in size or strength, there is an even greater difference in intelligence.

• Advertisement

I'd agree. People here seem to be forgetting that humans are the world's best predators. For differences in size or strength, there is an even greater difference in intelligence.

yes, thats the one thing that struck me about this guy, his "intelligence"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 874 ✭✭✭eilo1

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

I have a feline that this won't happen

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Are Paddy Power giving out on this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

It doesn't matter who wins the fight really. Much as I'd like to see the lion win he'll only be put down afterwards. :(
    Wossack wrote: »
    according to the interview - he's going to be unarmed :eek:

reckon its suicidal if thats the case
    He'll probably be unlegged and unheaded too by the time the fight is over.

Err...

Yes. Is that OK with you?

In fact I think it would be hilarious if he realized the error of his ways just before the Lion pounced on him and he then tried desperately to reason with it, before it completely and utterly savagely tore him asunder and gobbled him up.

I'm entitled to my opinion as much as the next fella.

You're much too sensitive. The mentally ill deserve far worse than violent death surely?

You're right, I am a bit soft.

I think a 'Paranoid Schizophrenic Gladiator Championship' would be a great idea. Arm them up with all sorts of weapons and stick them in the Arena.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Anyone else think it reads like:
    Catch-22 wrote:
    Yossarian: They think I’m going to kill the lion. I’m not going to kill it, nor will I be armed with a sword or dagger - those are all false reports circulated by the media for reasons I don’t understand.

Clevinger: So, you’re not going to kill the lion?

Yossarian: No. Unless it’s a matter of life or death, in which case I will be forced to kill it.

Clevinger: When is fighting a lion not a matter of life or death?

Yossarian: It’s up to the lion. If he chooses to withdraw, or surrender, and lets me tie him up, then I will not kill him and the fight will end. But, like I said, if it comes down to either me or him, I will have to kill him. But I don’t want to kill the lion, nor am I planning on it. I want to make that clear.

Clevinger: What will you do with its corpse?

Yossarian: I will have it stuffed (laughs).

Yes, that does sound incredibly dangerous. Although I think that tearing the Lions gonads might just infuriate it to the extent that it becomes an unstoppable monster.

Yes. Is that OK with you?

In fact I think it would be hilarious if he realized the error of his ways just before the Lion pounced on him and he then tried desperately to reason with it, before it completely and utterly savagely tore him asunder and gobbled him up.

I'm entitled to my opinion as much as the next fella.

I never said you weren't entitled to your opinion. Not at all that.

What I did express however, was amusement at how you seemingly felt pity for him as he is mentally ill but then hoped that he'd be " completely and utterly savagely torn apart and eaten by the Lion."

Pot, meet kettle :pac:

• Advertisement

I never said you weren't entitled to your opinion. Not at all that.

What I did express however, was amusement at how you seemingly felt pity for him as he is mentally ill but then hoped that he'd be " completely and utterly savagely torn apart and eaten by the Lion."

Pot, meet kettle :pac:

Don't mind me, I have a warped sense of humour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

They're not going to let it happen. The man is clearly crazy and is walking into certain death. How exactly will he be able to defeat a lion with his bare hands?? If the beast gets one claw on him, he'll be dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Yes, that does sound incredibly dangerous. Although I think that tearing the Lions gonads might just infuriate it to the extent that it becomes an unstoppable monster.
    I'm willing to wage money your wrong!

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭man.about.town

this why i worry about the arab world

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

Yes, they became the best predators through their intelligence and the fact that they got to the point where they could manufacture weapons, etc. This guy plans on taking on a creature far stronger than him with no weapons. It's madness, and he won't survive it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭Karamoja

The Masaai of Kenya do that all the time shur. Nothing special.

this why i worry about the arab world

then dont go down marlborogh street, youll have to emigrate to the north pole

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

WASP0 wrote: »

Minister of Tourism Munir Fakhry Abdel-Nour said that “under no circumstance will the Ministry of Tourism tolerate any degree of inhumane acts against animals.”

LOL, it's not the animal they should be worried about

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

Well, would you expect a chimpanzee to be able to kill a lion in a cage fight? Because a chimpanzee would rip a man to shreds.

• Advertisement

Well, would you expect a chimpanzee to be able to kill a lion in a cage fight? Because a chimpanzee would rip a man to shreds.

yeah...with laughter

Advertisement