Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobile Data Costs.

• 29-11-2014 4:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭

Not sure this is the correct forum, but here goes.

I'm working away from home a lot, in Ireland not abroad I hasten to say. My Vodafone package is a legacy from my last company who paid my bills but I'm stuck with it for another 6 months. Normal surfing & getting emails etc.. usually maxes my monthly data allowance, Vodafone is stupidly expensive for extra data. The issue is this, the lodgings I usually stay in has rubbish wifi, I'd like to get a wifi stick or one of those portable hotspot boxes to allow me to work from the room occasionally, rather than being late stuck at work every night. I have to pay for this myself (I'm a self-employed contractor) so what is the best value mobile data bundle out there? Or is it cheaper to separate the hardware from the data provider.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Well, THREE's got an offering of "All you can eat" data usage for 20 euros a month, 1 month contract - might be worth a look, great if you can get 4G in your area.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Big Wex fan

I know it can down to the area your in but I found three contention ratios were an issue & having to ring India everytime there's a problem is annoying. I'm with meteor & haven't looked back & they do have the biggest 4G network at the mo.

Advertisement