Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

baby bird fallen from nest????

Options
  • 08-05-2009 8:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭

just found baby bird outside my back door. im guessing it fell from nest in eaves. what should i do(if anything)? please help:(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭Call me Socket

To not interfere with nature's way would mean that the little thing will certainly die with cats around.... But even if you try to take care of it the chances are it'll die anyway:(
    In nature it's survival of the fittest. He probably didn't fall- I'd say it was time for the little ones to learn to fly, and your guy didn't cut the grade. If you manage to put him back in the nest his mother might reject him, that's if she and his siblings are still around.
    In your shoes I'd put him in a cardboard box where it'll be dark, and keep him somewhere very quiet and feed him with worms.....and in a few days bring him out 'throw' (wrong word I know!) him up towards the sky and see if he can fly...do it in a cat/dog free grassy area where he'll have a soft landing if he fails.
    To be honest, I think you'll find him passed away by tomorrow....fear and panic kills them easily...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭evogirl

thanks for yor advice, but this little fella is a long way from flying. his eyes are stil closed and he has hardly any feathers.
    i know its probably best not to interfere with nature. its just heartbreaking to see :(

Awh... well then there's nothing to lose by trying to locate the nest and get him back in there...

think i might be too late.

Poor lil guy... well done on trying eh...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭O'Coonassa

He was finished whatever way if he was real small, if you'd put him back he'd stink of you and get rejected. I know it sounds harsh but you should have stamped on him to stop the suffering.

thanks for the help anyway guys, he wasnt going to survive either way i suppose. its just so hard to stand by and not being able to do anything to help :(

Advertisement